Mage Tower: A Compromise

Google exploit its very simple. I’ve explained sin detail. It’s your job to understand and comprehend

Purchasing BFA potions because you know they’re scaled to BFA and not Shadowlands and accounting for a massive chunk of your entire damage instead of using Shadowlands potions is exploitative.

Using the cyclotronic punch card because you know it is scaled to BFA and not Shadowlands and accounting for a massive chunk of you entire damage instead of using something a tank would actually use is exploitative.

Imagine actually trying to argue that taking advantage of obviously incorrect scaling is not literally the define of exploiting.

We’re not talking about just getting some extra stats from gems here bub. It is mathematically impossible without using some kind of cheese of the scaling or a way to extend the enrage to survive beyond the 6th annihilate.

Jeffrey Epstein is also a good guy.

Saying something and proving something is very different. A screen shot or video is proof. Someone saying they did something is not.

Jussie Smolett was attacked by 2 white guys in downtown Chicago at 2 am and they somehow recognized him as the gay actor from empire.

Just because someone says something doesn’t make it true

It’s not. There are several people who have done it with JUST slands gear. It’s entirely possible, it’s just harder.

Proof or it didn’t happen.

Don’t link the PTR videos, they used cheat death to reset stacks. That was patched before it hit live.

I haven’t lurked on the Reddit pages yet lol are they pretty bad?

This is the most glaring problem. I still suck at it but throwing on a bunch of socketed BfA corrupted gear, old trinkets, and an heirloom weapon for sockets was a major increase in damage. That is dumb.

1 Like

I mean, I beat the arms warrior one, the demo warlock one, the WW one, and the frost mage one with literal pvp gear including the “get out of CC” trinket that’s functionally useless. 1shot warrior, mage and ww, and 9 pulls for demo lock which i’ve literally never played before.

I’ve also done prot war, guardian druid, vengeance demon hunter, and boomy using all the same gear.

It is entirely possible with JUST shadowlands gear, although BFA consumables make it much easier (specifically potion of unbridled fury is 2-3x stronger than slands potions)

That’s not an exploit my guy. You’re allowed to use gear that’s under ilvl 50 in the MT. Heck, you’re allowed to use it on Mythic Sylvannas if you want.

For every ilvl point under 50 though, you lose stats to pay for that socket. So it becomes a balancing act.

By definition, that’s not exploiting at all. That’s just standard gear optimization.

2 Likes

Also heroic ICC weapons from arthas have 3 sockets.

1 Like

That’s not an exploit. That’s optimizing. No different than using MoP cloak during MoP timewalking. Don’t hear people complaining about that?

And just because you can do something I can’t doesn’t make it impossible.

I’ve had a 13% pull and a couple 20% pulls in the gear I have on, following his advice.

The only reason you demand proof is because you can’t do it. Which I get. Doesn’t mean it’s not possible or hasn’t been done.

1 Like

if you look at the stats on your gear, you’re exploiting

if you enchant your weapon you’re basically a hacker

if you know what your spec’s primary stat is, you’re going to be arrested for cheating

I’ll be running a full set of SoO with sockets… I’m trying to figure out what gems to put and said sockets.

Any suggestions? For bear challenge.

I had a 517 hp wipe before completing the challenge with just slands pvp gear and no bfa consumables, and I know I made a TON of mistakes and could’ve done 4-5k more damage easy if i played better.

it is 100% doable, you just need to play well.

BFA potions are scaled the same as SL potions, they’re just better because if the level is equal, the effect was just stronger in the day than the potions are now.

That’s an expansion design choice, not an exploit. Blizzard made consumables stronger in BfA, and less so in Shadowlands. In Timewalking where everything is scaled down, those expansion level choices start to matter.

Not an exploit.

How dare you good sir, reported!

3 Likes

Farm heroic BC dungeons for +5primary stat/6stamina gems. Small research required for finding which ones to farm

Hot take. Maximizing your dps while doing mechanics IS a mechanic in itself. I’ve seen a TON of players do mechanics, but fail to do an optimal rotation while doing so (overhealing, lapsing dots, poor positioning, not quiet movement, missing free casts, improper rotation etc etc).

This means you are still failing the mechanic and not doing the challenge correctly. Doing your damage rotation is every bit as important as the mechanics, and if you’re not making checks, then you’re not doing things as correctly as you think you are. That’s all there is to it.

2 Likes

Vers/Mastery/Haste secondary
Agility gems :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ran black morass tonnes of times for my 5int/6stam gems as an example.

1 Like