Mage Tower: A Compromise

If he has to lie about it, it means he feels shame about it. Meaning he knows that his boast is empty.

I’m not the one denying this ship with unintended increased difficulty.

If no one cares, he should be honest about it. If he’s trying to hide it, obviously he cares.

Oh yeah, I wasn’t directing anything I said to you (about ranting on the forums - that was more in line with your mention of others going at each other, which I’m slightly guilty of as well).

How close are you getting on your attempts??

All CEs for the last 3 expansions, Mists CMs, WoD CMs, KSMs, MT in Legion, are you really too lazy to look up people you talk to ?

But you know what, I wasn’t expecting Timewalking Mage Tower to be designed and tuned the same way a Mythic raid encounter is. That wouldn’t be very… inclusive.

Main issue is being time limited and needing to farm a decent set on all classes in that time period. Its a strange requirement for a 2 week event. This means give up this 2 weeks and work for your timewalking set for the next time in 18 weeks.

2 Likes

So you’re admitting that you think the stealth buff they added was not intentional. That some intern incorrectly inserted the wrong number?

What’s to say he’s not being honest about it? Others are claiming they’re clearing their challenges without consumables and in SL gear as well. Or are they all liars too?

You don’t “need” to do it. I haven’t bothered to go out of my way aside for the few things I can craft (alchemy based). And I’ve gotten fairly close on numerous attempts. It’s totally do-able as is, no outside farming required. Just some know-how and a willingness to take the time to correct mistakes.

1 Like

I’m a korthia and m+ 2-3 geared noob. So my stats are random, trinkets are random (i’m lucky to have that scale tho on my druid).

Until I started using consumables I wasn’t clearing phase 1. Now I need to get my secondary stats in check on all slot, If I ever want to finish phase 2.

We’ve been over this and you are obviously trolling to not understand that “Intended action results in unintended consequences”. You just want to move the goalpost on your original claim.

You lost that debate, Blizzard said what they said, just admit to being wrong and move on.

He literally said “potions from another expansion”. Which means 3k Unbridled Fury, otherwise he’d have said “Prolonged Power” which are dirt cheap.

Then you should know better that these things literally are all designed with consumables in mind.

??? They said on every single blog post and interview that this was intended to be a difficult solo challenge that not everyone would be able to do. They said it would be comparable to when it first released. That still holds true.

But while we’re at it…

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/stormrage/raiimir
Literally below average in every single bracket… yikes.

Was anyone under the impression Blizz was gonna change things just cause people asked? It has to be hard, or everyone will do it easily. Most players are pros in playing their class.

I like a challenge, I’ve only gotten past stage one of the balance druid one and I have to kite him all over the place and it “seems” like he runs faster as time goes on, but I’m not 100% sure on that yet. Very close to that though, he can outrun cheeta after a bit… will keep tryin…

I feel this one on a personal level. My Vers/Haste is low, but Mastery (I run Feral gear) is in check. It’s tough for sure

There is no get your stats in check to clear p2. It scales down, so it’s all irrelevant if you’re trying to go based on a specific number for stats or something, which I’m assuming is what you mean by

They all scale down to ilvl 50, so none of that matters.

I meant get Versa/Haste on all slot. I’m a mess :smiley:

I look at world quests from Legion for “upgrades”

1 Like

Maybe, but I don’t think you’d have anymore than what, 5% vers/haste, maybe 10% haste? Assuming all slots because they get scaled down to ilvl 50, so they’ll be at like 6 per slot.

This was advertised mostly as a “throwback”. You could do MT at the end of Legion without anything really, since the Artifact was so overpowered, most DPS checks were long gone and most mechanics were not even close to deadly.

So when they say “throwback”, people will have varrying levels of expectations. Especially if this is touted as something for “all players to enjoy”.

Difficulty isn’t a binary, it’s a scale. Not a hard concept to understand. “Mythic raid hard” is quite different from “Heroic first few bosses hard”.

I’m sorry progression kills aren’t to your liking. I usually don’t try to parse during progression.

I just did the WW monk tower. I was able to get into the 2nd phase on my 10th try and took a break. That one feels very possible with some extra work.

I’ve put in over 10 hours for the bear tower and had gone into the 2nd phase a handful of times max.

Definitely feels overtuned

I think I can get 20% haste/Versa.

Around 30% last night. Felt really good. Went back in again pumped and died shortly after that round in p2 (got blown off) and I was done. :angry:

I got a new trinket this morning. Gonna try this evening. I’m not using any socketed gear, wondering if this is needed.

Also, listening to the Police “every breath you take” on repeat is +1 for added dps xD

2 Likes

Glad they changed name, I was hoping for Druid Tower.

1 Like

Mage tower may have been the last straw for me. How can they fix an obviously broken game when they can’t even get this right.

1 Like

I did the WW challenge easily in Legion. The class is just made for that fight.

2 Likes