Made too many enemies in a short span, thinking about quitting

You can’t change people, though.

Stuff like elitism will never go away and sometimes you just have to deal with it.

I’m a proponent of AI in this regard.

Hate to break it to you but there is elitism in every online multiplayer game. There always has been and there always will be.

So you want AI players to replace human players… why? Because the AI won’t hurt your feelings?

1 Like

Sounds like you think rewards should correspond to the difficulty of content, you filthy elitist.

Yes.

Exactly.

Why play a MMO at that point? Sounds like you want a single player game.

Guilty as charged. Definitely elitist for someone to want an RPG to have meaningful and rewarding gear progression.

You know… I really just need to stop clicking on these looking for attention threads.

4 Likes

I liked your post, l like the chance to get a rng titanforged piece that is close to bis quality when doing world stuff… i’m a casual player with a life outside of wow that is more important to me. Others have more time to devote to harcore and want to be more rewarded than me, so be it, that’s their opinion.

In the end none of this is really that important that you should leave because of it.

This is a forum based mostly on opinion. Do yourself a favor, dont get emotional about what people write… who cares!

If you like the game, play it. If you dont theres other choices, lots of them!

Don’t sweat it dude.

2 Likes

Also to get back on topic with the thread… OP, I was the 4th post in your thread where you supposedly made “forum enemies” and I have responded to many in that thread. Not one person in there was hostile to you in any way. Some agreed with you, and some disagreed with you, as is the nature of all forums.

There is no reason for this thread, and if you’re quitting a game over someone having a different opinion than you on the forums then I don’t even know what to say.

I’m legitimately sorry, but I don’t think that’s going to help.

I’ve been playing the free trial FF14 and it’s a weird, weird game. It’s taken me quite a while to figure out what the heck is going on and why did my trial character run out of stuff to do for leveling (turns out, you HAVE to do the MSQ and that requires multiple dungeon runs through the duty finder – when I finally determined that I had dead-ended on the first MSQ / go to a dungeon quest, things unjammed and the character is leveling again, but I didn’t particularly like being forced into dungeons, or whatever the FF14 equivalent is called.

All of that games things are named so oddly, including races, I couldn’t begin to tell you what my Archer’s race is, it’s the “big race” that starts in Grid-whatever-ia. I know there is a human looking race, an Anime elf looking race and a kitty with a tail looking race, but I have no idea what mumbo jumbo names they’re actually called.

I think I’ve seen enough in the free trial that I don’t think it’s going to be worth paying a subscription to go past the level lock for higher end content (for me, your mileage may vary).

^ This. You cannot let people in the game or on the forums get under your skin. People’s behavior on anonymous vehicles have gotten progressively worse. If you let someone bother you, they have basically WON.

A troll’s job (forum troll, not Darkspear) is to get under your skin, the make you lash out and then they devour your tears. Ignore someone mechanically (by /ignore) or metaphysically (by rising above the chaos and taking a few deep breaths and not letting what’s said or done get to you).

Let me put it this way.

When I state I remember a system from Wrath that I loved, Emblems, simplified as JP/VP, I’m told I’m lying.

Wait, you are quitting because people disagreed with your forum post? Also content isn’t exactly hard right now it just requires some effort and time.

So anyone who disagrees with you is an enemy and elitist? Sounds like you’re too sensitive for any online game.

1 Like

It’s a lot more complicated than just disagreement.

They’d have to make an effort to get under my skin to be labeled an enemy.

You do realize vivendi owned blizzard long before the merger…right?

Given your abhorrent behavior in your other thread at the simplest disagreement you clearly need a safe zone where you can echo chamber yourself and these forums are not it.

For the record, if you act like you did in that other thread in FF14 you are going to find yourself suspended/banned as they are far less tolerant of that garbage.

5 Likes

Yo! Amma, you got bullied or something I take it and now they get to laugh double hard at you quitting? Nah man that’s not how this quest ends for you surely?

I’m no hard case but nobody is taking MY game away that easily mate. This game is important to you, I can tell by your forum presence and passion, it’s important to me also. When my one dog Norris gets hurt playing, I tell him to shake it off, and he does just that, he shakes it off and goes right back to tumbling with the others. Get back on your horse, don’t let the bad guys take away your game.

:beer: /cheers

It’s one thing when

It’s another thing to be called names upon disagreement. The behavior is a reaction and a resort.