Made too many enemies in a short span, thinking about quitting

As I mentioned in the other thread before it got locked, how can the elitism be more of a problem when it’s arguably gotten less elitist with the expansions.

We’ve gone from raid-or-die on gear in Vanilla to casual players now not seeing the point in raiding because of how much gear they’ve obtained.

How can elitism be the problem if it’s being weakened with each expansion?

So you made a post about being happy that Emissary rewards were being increased and people posted who did not like the change and you’ve decided these people are now your enemies and you must leave the game/forums?

Not the one and done disagreements, no.

It’s the 395/400 Emissary post.

Were people just really mean to you? Or are you upset that there’s an elitist subculture?

Sorry to see you go, but it’s always a good thing to leave the bridge not burn when leaving any where and it’s always a good thing to take breaks from things (like video games). :wave:

The former specifically.

3/10 troll because you got some responses. It’s impossible to make enemies in WoW if all you do is solo and queued content. Players are basically NPCs at that point, and you can’t make NPCs upset.

It sucks because I love the community and to see members leave actually hurts. I wish you well, Ammathostus.

I mean, as someone who spends a ton of time on these forums I get how you feel. But people on the internet are kind of just like that, our community is on the worse end too. I wouldn’t take it too personally.

If you enjoy the game and have friends in the game. Keep playing it. But maybe stay away from the cesspool that is these forums.

3 Likes

Forum enemies.

So post on a level 10 alt like half the people do here anyways?

1 Like

Ion has been a part of WoW since what WOTLK? WOTLK is when WoW started becoming easier and easier and easier to get gear doing trivial/easy content. All leading up to BFA, where its the period in WoW’s history that is the least “hard content or die”.

I don’t get how you can’t see this. Ion is doing exactly what you want.

Grasshopper welcome to how the world really is. Relax and have a root bear ice cream float. :sunny:

I wish it were that easy.

I had a Priest while I was leveling on my Ret Pally call everyone “babies” in Underrot because someone body pulled. I told him about Elitism and he fit the bill perfectly.

Hilariously melodramatic post because some people don’t enjoy or have the same vision for the game as you do. Agree to disagree. Know when to hold, fold, walk away ect.

3 Likes

Right?

Ways to get 400 ilvl gear:

1. Heroic raid
  2. Do Mythic +10s
  3. 2k rated PvP
  4. Draw circles and squares on the ground

But yeah, definitely hard content or die…

3 Likes

In general you’re going to find these kinds of people in any online community. However, I have heard that the FFXIV community is nicer, although I haven’t experienced it myself.

The best thing you can do for yourself when online is to just let things roll off of you. If someone is being particularly egregious, call them out, but you need to get very choosy with which battles you fight.

Ammathostus, you’re taking it so personal it’s ridiculous, quite frankly.

Also very melodramatic.

1 Like

Kill heroic mekka which REQUIRES comms or play a matching game fit for a 3 year old?

I mean I REALLY hate gnomes, but I know where my vote is.

Very easy to.

If a game exploits a weakness of mine, then why bother playing.

Elitism will never go away at the rate Blizzard/Activision/Vivendi/etc. are stagnating.