M+ should drop Cosmetics only

I wonder how many people would do play rated PVP or mythic raids if they dropped cosmetics only.

I can play that game too!

get out of here with that logic.

People would run to get the cosmetics, then they will sell runs to people that can’t push/have grp finder anxiety and the price would be fairly high, it’d just be challenge modes all over again.

Mage Tower says hello, probably one of the most popular additions added to the game.

I disagree with your premise as well, a lot of players treat gear is just a tool that helps them tackle the content they’re interested in.

The problem with M+, is that you’re never finished with it, there is always another difficulty waiting for you to tackle. Puts a huge demand on players that like climbing ladders to keep improving their gear.

I think M+ needs to have gear normalized around a certain ilevel, or capped at a certain ilevel, like challenge modes, otherwise is nothing more than a loot pinata skinner box that is being used as a means to pad Blizzards new darling “played time metrics”.

Edit: Point is, the M+ gear grind is causing a lot of burn out because it doesn’t have lockouts and you’re never finished with it. At least with raiding you have an end point.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for years.

M+ should be its own reward.

1 Like

I know that any 16+ to the vault gets on mythic track for 447.

But do 17’s drop gear that is upgradeable on the mythic track? I thought they were still on max 441.

You think the mage tower was as popular as keys or raiding or something?? Or even horrid visions?

I mean I enjoyed it too, but let’s be real here.

You finish gearing from keys as well, crests it happens even faster. I’ve been done for a long time, all that is left is MAYBE a 6 item level bump on a few items if I RNG into them from the vault due to the new mythic track.

1 Like

It’s not about the challenge until you get to 21+ onwards as the only reward at that point is the top percentile title.

How curious, if we remove any incentive this activity becomes less popular. HMMM.

lmao.

2 Likes

That didn’t seem to be the case for Mage Tower. Blizzard could actively make new cosmetics and mounts for each season, that would keep people interested.

I think M+ is just way too prominent in the end game at the moment. People say you can ignore it, but if you do, you’re severely behind people that do M+.

2 Likes

But 
 but 
 I wanted to collect cosmetics, not run mythic+ :frowning:

(The sadness when collecting becomes “cool”)

Dropping gear is fine.

I still think raising the floor to 20 was unnecessary. M+ is basically “ready for raiding”, where your key dictates what level you are preparing for.

If you could regularly clear 15s, you likely didn’t struggle in heroic raids either.

Raids still provided better gear, tier (less of a thing now since catalyst), trinkets, weapons, and at a minimum, just has a better drop rate. On average, with PL, every full raid clear was 3 items vs. the 1 item you get in the vault.

The doubling down on difficulty from SL was a mistake. So much so that they effectively had to backtrack by removing an affix.

raising it to 20 is good, raising it to 25 would be even better.

There should be parity in difficulty (or attempted parity) and giving equal rewards.

Can’t get glad by waltzing into PVP. CE is also elusive, but everyone can get ksh/ +20

1 Like

The whole idea with M+ for this expansion was to raise the rewards, but also the difficulty you had to do in order to get them, to make it less welfare gear.

They’ve completely backtracked on that with +16’s giving 447, now.

1 Like

This is one of those posts that has so much wrong with it I’ll have to break it down.

Good news! There’s no point in going past +16 now for gear, it’s back to being the ultimate in welfare loot.

They really don’t. They drop miniscule amounts so you’ll probably get nothing, and even if you do, M+ gear is easier to acquire at higher ilvls and in many cases is best-in-slot.

It’s a complete non-issue since vault gives tier pieces, you get a free piece of tier for KSM (which is trivially easy), and they keep moving catalyst further and further ahead every season.

Plenty of good trinkets in M+ this season, I’m told, although not to the extent as Shadowlands.

I’m sporting 2 M+ weapons I had to farm in separate dungeons. My other weapon is a crafted one, made with crests that came from - surprise! - M+ dungeons.

Raids have a better drop rate?

Okay, now I just know you’re trolling.

1 Like

Hey! Come on, lol. I never suggested taking gear away from mythic+ in that thread, or anything like it! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sure, as long as Mythic Raid is the same.

I wouldn’t be able to run M+ if it didn’t give gear cause that’s my main gear path ,_,

i would :cowboy_hat_face:

i genuinely don’t know why so many people assume everyone else plays for the same reason they do. like just because all you care about is “ilvl go up” doesn’t mean everyone else is the same way.

A perk of playing Dracthyr is I don’t have to worry about the mog because I don’t wear shoulders.

1 Like

How is it nonsense? You think top guilds remotely care about m+ gearing for world first? They’ll just do even MORE splits and splits will be normalized for general CE guilds especially since they now have more “time” to do them with no m+ in the picture.