M+ should drop Cosmetics only

We all do the content we do for the rewards they give

OR
 maybe raiding could actually drop a reasonable amount of gear.

You need to double the amount of loot that drops in raids, just to bring it on par with M+ on a per-person basis.

And that doesn’t even account for the weekly lockout that raiding faces (whereas M+ can be spammed infinitely).

So you should actually quadruple the amount of raid loot that drops. That’s how bad the current situation is.

(Or double the drop rate and remove the weekly lockout on raids. Either will do.)

4 Likes

And have mythic raid gear cap out at 441 right?
With a once a week shot at a vault like m+? Right?

1 Like

A simple solution for me, would be to scale PvP gear just a bit better for alternative content. And perhaps vice-versa, allow PvE gear to scale to 430-440ish, behind the PvP gear being at 450.

Obviously not BiS, but enough that I can cross-pollinate into PvE without having to devote my entire WoW playtime to it.

Having to maintain two gear sets is largely why I can’t be bothered.

Most of the bosses already did, for most of this tier.

It wasn’t until 10.1.5 made them upgradeable to 447 that they were even worth doing – and then they made +17’s give out 447 gear, too LOL.

Yeah but make all the bosses cap at 441 even sarky boy. The top that are just pushing 28s now are getting 431s EoD and sark was dead week 1.

I do agree with raid drops being buffed though, I think a cool solution that also promotes guilds (which this game desperately needs more of) would be a guild achievement that clearing a raid in a guild group unlocks double drops for that difficulty.

Ie your guild clears heroic and starts into mythic, going back to clear heroic on following weeks every 5 players drops 2 pieces and every 10 drops 2 tier.

Would be a huge bonus for guild groups to grab those fat trinkets/weapons/tier.

That’s fine. The only reason Blizzard puts higher ilvl stuff on the last boss is as a red herring so that M+ enthusiasts have something to complain about.

1 Like

Like raiders don’t complain about having 80% of the pie instead of 100%.

Raiders complain that Ion turned raiding into a 2nd job in order to prop up the “popularity” of M+, which is garbage content that people hate doing but are forced to by his gearing model.

2 Likes

challenge modes were that and died due to how unpopular they were

then m+ took it’s place and took the spot for #1 most played endgame activity

wow has always been about gear

The top m+ key runners need to mythic raid. That’s way more of a commitment then running a couple keys a week for beer league CE.

Man you got the blinders on way to tight. I even agreed with you that raid buffs need changed but you are stuck on “woe is raiders” like usual.

For their epeen score? Who gives a damn.

So the same logic applies to clearing raid then yeah?

Most raiders just want to do the raid, yeah, they don’t care about what other people are doing.

Having the best stuff off the last boss is STUPID. You don’t need it at that point because you’ve beaten everything. It isn’t even good the following tier because Blizzard jacks up the ilvl inflation between tiers so much these days that it gets outclassed by Heroic most of the time.

3 Likes

You are missing the point yet again.

you also have m+ players that just want to do m+ raiders feelings arn’t some super special unicorn that needs protecting.

You have players on both that feel like they have to do the other. You just refuse to admit that.

2 Likes

All instanced content should drop cosmetics only, this is WORLD of Warcraft after all, not Instances of Warcraft.

I think this is the single biggest problem that has been plaguing the game since the intro of LFR.

4 raid difficulties has just caused massive ilevel bloat each patch.

I wish more M+ only players would realize this. M+ needs it own gear, or remove gear from it completely.

2 Likes

I think this is LFR mate, not M+.

Pretty much all content is driven by power rewards.

How many people would raid without it dropping gear?

3 Likes

Found a sure fire fix for when someone gets ticked about you not trading gear to them
 I’ve literally disenchanted an item right in front of a dude for whining and raging over not winning a roll. Was the item an upgrade for me? At the time yeah, but it was LFR and it didn’t hold THAT much weight to it in the grand scheme of things(I replaced that item with one that was higher ilvl a couple days later). Sometimes people gotta learn their lessons. Don’t be a jerk to someone just because you lose a roll. Personally I’ve never once thrown a fit over losing a roll, my response is usually ‘welp that sucks, better luck next time.’ and I leave it at that. Now if WoW bugs and fails to give me loot where loot is a set reward (I.e. whatever that item is for time rifts that gives you a guaranteed loot item at the end of the rift) then I simply submit a ticket and say hey this is the issue, it’s bugged (cue standard blizzard response ‘we are aware of the situation and are currently working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible’) and then I leave it at that.

However, rest assured my ability to reach an all time level of pettiness is limitless for those who gripe about losing loot rolls. :sunglasses: