M+ has been ruined

Lmao what?

Maybe he’s a member of: https://critrole.com/

Do their sessions even last eight hours though?

That didn’t answer the question though.

I’ve had entire 6+ hour D&D sessions be 2 encounters, because it’s D&D. That is an entirely different type of game and has nothing really to do with WoW.

A lot of that time though is the banter of friends with food and drinks while playing. And getting everyone’s schedule to align for that much of a period to have a long D&D session is so hard, like once every few months.

PvE you work as a team not against each other. Just play what you want. Pvp is the only part of the game that needs balancing to avoid issues

DDO has these puzzles. They are awesome… Once.

After they are solved, it once again becomes a min max how fast can we get this over with for the rewards thing. Most players will never change in that regard, they only care about the most efficient path for increasing character power.

1 Like

That’s literally nothing new. There’s always a meta for high keys. You’re screaming into the void of “it’s always been this way”. If you want to push higher keys, you reroll and chase meta.

The dps meta in season 1 of dragonflight was incredibly open, even above title range. People were playing every class and most specs and timing 27s (Which were equivalent to current 28s). I did most of my best keys last season with a feral druid.

You’re a ret pally, the 2nd worse m+ spec just above hunters, you weren’t getting invited to keys irregardless of the other classes.

You know what - that might be a valid point. Let’s check the data.

M+25 keys, Season 1: https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-df-1/all/world/leaderboards#role=dps:minMythicLevel=25:maxMythicLevel=99

M+25 keys, Season 2: https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-df-2/all/world/leaderboards#role=dps:minMythicLevel=25:maxMythicLevel=99

Looking at the statistics for Seasons 1 and 2 of Dragonflight - neither season shows nearly the top-end skew that Shadowlands did. Just some quick numbers, in M+25 keys, the top 3 DPS specs by season by total population of keys run:

SL Season 3: 58.6%
SL Season 4: 64.6%
DF Season 1: 35.9%
DF Season 2: 48.6%

DF Season 2 shows significantly more diversity in M+25 keys than three of the four previous seasons; which would generally indicate a two-year or so trend that no - the assertion in this thread is factually incorrect.

And just a quick peek at previous seasons:

SL Season 2: 54%
SL Season 1:
BFA Season 4: (M+20 and up): 46.6%
BFA Season 3: (M+20 and up): 49.2%

This is blatantly untrue though.

For one, even premade groups are going to be competing with other players - any group has only 5 slots, so you generally want to make the most of them.

1 Like

SL season 1 was incredibly diverse.

(15 and up) cause keys ended at +17.

The commentary here is about high keys, M+25 and up. The OP referenced M+26 and higher.

then why would SL season 1 have data at all? There’s no qualified people.

I do think this data is somewhat incomplete due to the very recent and drastic nature of the changes brought in by augmentation Evoker. Also though not rigorous, it can be useful to look at last season’s leaderboard and just have a scroll. I personally play on EU so my general experiences pugging to 3500 will have been different to others on NA, and I’m getting the feeling NA was generally more rigid last season as well as this.

1 Like

Oh yah I see that in SL Season 1, there’s a data issue - it’s still showing participation % for keys over the top ones done. Thanks, I’ll strike that.

Because it’s so new you can’t really draw any conclusions from it; there are specific combinations (including one that just got nerfed mind you) that are scaling oddly for damage output; but there still aren’t even enough Augmentation evokers to show up as a % yet in terms of total keys for the season.

Little early to say anything really could just be initial hype.

But it’s sure looking like this is going to be a fundamental change to the core game play and social aspects of grouping.

Yeah well they let Ret go live back in…March and they didn’t think that was a problem while new Ret players went from 1400 to 1900 in Shuffle. They don’t see signs.

This is undeniable. Adding any way to force-multiply will make the burst or scaling AOE issues some classes have always had, even worse. I hope this leads to more even balancing of classes over time.