M+ DPS Balance Per Spec 9.2

i read nothing this at all and said i can still play the game and play my alts

yo not for nothing but this guy right here is on the forums and playing the game 24/7 . SNOZh is on all the time.

We have really strong AoE slows which help with kiting, and intervene/parry or intervene/reflect can nullify certain mechanics that are otherwise pretty tricky.

We don’t have AoE stuns or roots. Again, we have Piercing Howl and WW/hamstring which is nice, but let’s not oversell it. We’re good, we’re just not that good.

Spell reflect works much better. Not that rally is a bad answer, but if you reflect castigate it will stop ALL incoming damage to you and your party. I think you might be able to intervene/reflect it as well, but I’m not 100% sure (and even if not you can give a ~20% damage reduction to the person getting castigated which is still huge).

Uh, no I didn’t.

Reflect works better when it’s targeting the warrior, but rally can also be used to save another player who’s run out of defensives.

You aren’t wrong, and if you are ever in doubt rally is always an effective answer. I’m just saying that intervene with safeguard is probably more effective (also, can you not intervene/reflect that one? Damn, now I have to find a group to ruin so I can test this out).

Yes you do depending on what covenant you are.

That the dps numbers literally don’t matter as long as you’re staying alive and doing the mechanics.

They dont need to be tuned at +25. Not every spec us going to have optimal M+ performance. +20 is what’s needed for the highest achievement.

Sin rogue literally has 34 total parses for +20 mists. Over half of them are doing above 12k. Thats enough to beat the timer.

Balance matters. It’s not a positive experience to be playing your character well and be 1000’s of DPS behind players that are playing theirs just as good to much worse. That it can be done does not justify a nearly 50% spread in performance.

And it’s not a positive experience to put the majority of my effort into this toon and then get similar performance from a survival hunter that I’ve only been playing for a couple of weeks. Not very respectful of my time.

To be successful in those bottom 6 specs you need be in the top 95% of performers and the group would still be better off with someone from the top 3 specs only hitting half their potential.

Yup. And that’s a major reason I chose to use the data from 15’s.

Of course we bring something. Current warrior meta is ripping threat off tanks which is great for necrotic weeks.

I’m astounded how even after waiting for tank threat to build, warrior burst, although much lower than other classes / specs, still manages to rip threat from the tank. It’s absolutely dumb.

1 Like

If the WARRIOR is ripping threat off your tank, your tank is next-level-terrible.

Tanks are holding threat against WARLOCKS. Who are LITERALLY doing THREE TIMES the damage of a Warrior.

LITERALLY THREE TIMES OUR DAMAGE.

Your tank is garbage.

The point is that 15s yield warped data for 2 key reasons.

1: the portion of 15 keys that are publicly logged is really low when compared to the total number of runs that happen.
2: related to 1, but the runs that are most likely to be publicly logged are sales/boosts, which will inflate the DPS values of the 2 DPS who are carrying.

Way less gear, no tier, no double leggo, 30 less ilvl, way lower conduits, learning new affix, etc?

Did you for real say this?

Brocknor seems to be the type of player who just wants to be angry about something, and it doesn’t matter if he’s angry about the way things actually work or not.

2 Likes

Man probably doesn’t even know about taunt reflect for 200k hits :roll_eyes:

1 Like

When you ignore the point, it’s easy to dismiss anything you say.

It wasn’t about which one “did more effort.” The point was simply about the REWARD. The guy that “has way less gear, no tier”, and the rest of your pedantic list, what’s his REWARD? The mount.

The guy that runs later, with better gear, full tier, etc
 what’s his reward?

THE SAME MOUNT.

You guy are so busy congratulating yourselves on being so witty, you don’t even know what you’re arguing about anymore. But I’m glad you found friends to share a similar
 whatever it is you two have going on. gg

This comment right here just shows how little you actually know about the dungeons you’ve been running. My advice would be to delete it, because it is wayyyyyyy off base.

1 Like

-post deleted, these boards do quoting odd sometimes.

Wait, do people actually think Fury isn’t one of the top 5-7 specs right now??? LMAO

2 Likes

You’re ignorant. You do realize other classes do more damage with reduced threat generation due to pets, clones / images etc?

My comment on the warrior meta ripping threat off tanks was a meme joke.

1 Like