M+ DPS Balance Per Spec 9.2

Thats what happens when you hire C students in remedial math.

1 Like

Were they not?
Feel free to correct me if that’s not the case.

But even going back these seem to show that I was correct https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/20/

Check each season of BfA and they are always in the number one seed. I can’t see their position being “as usual” at the bottom when they clearly aren’t usually at the bottom.

2 Likes

And that it can be done has no bearing on if the classes are balanced.

Most people can run a mile. But that doesn’t mean they can run it in 4 mintes.

The balancing this expansion is a joke. Prot pally dps is better than ret besides pure single target.

1 Like

Dont nerf the specs performing well, buff the ones that are weak.
start by making the mm 4pc turn the aimed shot instant, or uncap it.

Lmao no it’s not.

4 Likes

MM is far from weak. It’s set bonus is legit one of the best.

BM set bonus needs more help.

Tanks do seem dangerously close to the bottom of the pack. Could add them but haven’t been looking at their performance up to this point and there’s not an easy way to sort out things like pre nerf bears.

Tanks are only out damaging bad players.

or you could play a DH and make enemies take more magic damage because surv hunters don’t give a fuh about phys damage increases to the point where mastery is their worst stat.

There’s definitely something going on in the dps community. It seems like every dos is either below me or 3-5k above me as the tank. There’s no in between. Set bonuses are a thing, for sure, but it’s a whole tier. Like my usual hunter I run with clocks 17-18k overalls in some dungeons. But I pug a hunter same spec, same gear, same IO, there’s a 2/5 chance he doesn’t break 13k.

The gap between people who master a spec vs people who lock down the wowhead guide is bigger than ever. Could be exponential impact issue with borrowed power, but I feel like this has been that way for a while.

Maybe we need to simplify some of the rotations.

I dont know nor do I care. Neither one is good so what does it matter?

No one cares about average damage in a +15. Every spec is able to time it. And at +15 the damage parses are skewed in favor of specs with more instantaneous aoe dps because mobs simply don’t live enough for specs (like the dot specs) to put in.

2 Likes

Try running actual high keys as MM.
having capped AOE that falls off on longer pulls feels horrible.
MM set would be good if it made aimed shots be instacast.

On top of that we are made of literal paper.
Nothing is more enraging than getting 1shot by stupid unavoidable raidwide damage in garbage dungeons like ToP.
Survival has insane aoe, melee kicks and can lust without losing dps, hence why they get spots in keys.

I have self respect and i will never play that meme spec, thankfully i mained a warlock my entire WoW life and switching to destro felt like a dream to me.

Not entirely accurate I grabbed a couple of hunters from area 52 you have run with and ilvls are 271 and 275 (the 275 is doing higher dps) stat weights are completely different the higher dps player has 20% less mastery than the lower dps one (so likely to be a mastery being bottom stat for the spec).

You can also see in the mythic raid the 275 is way out dpsing the 271 hunter so its likely a mix of skill and gear not just one or the other.

If you pull more than 4 targets, you go Kyrian.

Night Fae is useless past 4 targets. I won’t level Kyrian though, I refuse to do another Renown Grind. Thus, Night Fae.

I like Venthyr, but the tier set just doesn’t give me any free GCDs for Kill Shots lol.

For the most part the performance is very similar for 15’s as it is for 20’s. There will be differences but were not talking about differences that would massively change the relative balance between classes.
For example:

Survival Mist +15, 25th best parse 19,328

Survival Mist +20, 25th best parse 19,558

Assassination Mist +15, 25th best parse 11,461

Assassination Mist +20, 25th best parse 11,112

It’s almost like players that can do 20’s also go down and do some 15’s for their vault.

And what is your point with this anyways?
What is your hypothesis?
That the specs magically come into balance at +25?
Did looking at +20’s yield any new insight or conclusions about the relative performance of those two specs?

I think the point is the numbers in the OP show that every single spec can complete 20s (3k IO the requirement to get the highest achievement) if you want to push higher than that sure your going to need to start picking different specs and likely forming specific teams etc

Looking at stuff like the MDI I kind of feel the cap on M+ is more about survivability not dps this season.

1 Like

I know how brand works. As
Most hunters are Kyrian for keys is not as beneficial.

Then it’s clearly a player issue not a class issue. The issue is the hunter you rub with has probably been playing hunter for a while compared to the people fotm rerolling.

The rotations are already pretty simple.

1 Like

You claimed it was usual for them to be at the bottom? Clearly that isn’t the case.
I figured as a Rogue player you perhaps knew something I didn’t, but judging by your clear aggression from the start I believe I must have been mistaken.

1 Like