M+ dev team is out of touch with reality

Point proven, they attack character here instead of discussing topic, try to get triggers and feed into it, even when they wrong. This is lazy affix supports unhealthy patterns of behavior within the game. Just check out this forum . This isnt even in the game yet!

Nope, just a player. But I’ve listened to dev interviews where they talked about their own characters and experiences playing the game. Those devs were also aware of most of the discussions frequently appearing in forum posts. I imagine both are parts of their job. I am also grateful they don’t ping-pong us to h— and back trying to change the game based on every forum post! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have seen positive comments from the same posters who have supported every unpopular change Blizzard has ever made.

They need to increase their engagement metric. They also need to cater to the players who thrive on pointlessly excessive complexity, who can’t feel good if average players are playing the game just to have fun.

2 Likes

Sort of but I have to partially disagree. Most players either never Raided in Vanilla or at most did UBRS and ZG so Dungeons were end game for them.

1 Like

Welp guess imma drag my toosh through sum good ole fort incorp sang keys on my warrior , what a blast .

Am I supporting some other “unpopular changes Blizzard has done” besides this one which isn’t even out yet?

This doesn’t add pointless complexity.

Afflicted and Incorporeal hard force you into specific group comp and talents and force you to change targets mid pull. Spiteful, entangling, storming and volcanic all forced player movement. Those absolutely forced group comp or in-pull decision making.

These new affixes force nothing. They are ignorable from the DPS perspective, they are solely a tank/healer issue.

Class set tuning, spec damage tuning, class defensive distribution, class utility, these are all going to massively supercede a 3% overall dps gain for the specs of the week. The new affixes will not effect the DPS meta or force movement or in-pull decision making and are not significant enough to influence group comp.

2 Likes

I’m more in the camp that thinks these affixes are very low impact and won’t require any thought / planning at all. The buffs are insignificant and the risk doesn’t seem significant either. Thorns has potential but it’s likely going to be undertuned and become a complete non factor like the rest.

Meanwhile others seem to think they are the heaviest impact affixes we’ve gotten so far and will drastically effect grouping each week.

4 Likes

Only issue with this is, not everyone sees it your way bud, but ya incorp aff do worse by far.

Again your talking about a community that if you don’t have aotc and 525 you cant get into a aotc run, This is the community that requires 525 to do an 8.

Naw im sayin, so why even do it, thers a bazzillion other ideas out there, why this ? why % at all?

I agree with you that the community can’t think for themselves. Yes, its hard to get into runs without being over qualified.

But these opinions that bads and pugs hold about which classes to invite, how did those form?

They formed because Max and Dratnos or Raider-io told them “these specs are strong in +15’s” and then they followed top end advice that has nothing to do with their m0 or +5 key.

I’m telling you right now, every single M+ theorycrafter or r/competitivewow talking head is going to say the same thing: There will be a meta, and the bonus damage portion of these affixes will not influence that meta at all.

The other half - mobs dealing more damage in different ways, that might effect the meta, because it may influence specific utility or tank or healer choices.

But there will be a meta, and that meta is not going to flip every week, and like every other season, that meta will trickle down to brackets that have no business adhering to it, and it will be the same as it is now, only easier.

Easier because incorp/afflicted are heavily oppressive to group comp. Easier because tyran was heavily oppresive to key success. Easier because being melee really, really sucked during spiteful.

2 Likes

Attuned might force dps to use defensives where they wouldn’t need to before.

Focused will cause more interrupt overlaps or make DPS continue the cc chain if they hadn’t bothered to before.

Group Finder is a free market system. It’s not about a specific number requirement; it’s how you compare to the other options in queue. If you are 521 and someone 525 is competing with you for that spot, which do you expect them to take? Especially when they don’t know either of you? If you don’t have AotC and are competing for a raid spot against someone who does, who do you expect them to take? When you make your own groups, do you go out of your way to pick the players with less gear and experience? How does that work out for you?

I think a better depiction of “community” would be a guild or group of friends. In guild, we often go out of our way to help guild mates get AotC, complete keys, etc. Group Finder is reaching out to random strangers.

1 Like

I totally agree with you this is cool, okay but, but, WHY if there are a bazillion other ideas floating around, why even do this %, your just saying okay this is okay because it is better than what exist but your still putting crap on crap,this is a HUGE company with HUGe income and resources and this is what we say is okay?

Lets try this, if you were a Dev working on these affixes, could you come up with something better? cuz i know there are millions uppon millions of ideas that are better than this crud, if nothing is to be gained and wont change meta, then what is this affix? Lets weight it out? Its still crud, and no point in adding a % affix , its unhealthy in an already unhealthy community. Pic a video, find a forum if you lack ideas, omg so many cool ideas from people that play the gd game.

Suppose this happens.

Are we not already favoring DPS specs that have way more defensive power than their counterparts?

Are we not already favoring lots of aoe stops?

Agree that interrupt overlaps could be a real problem, especially with the faster casting week.

It’s absolutely got the range for casuals’ to enjoy it though.

Pugging just isn’t the most friendly system. If you’re gonna do stuff that communication helps in, it’s always been better to do it with friends. The entire issue of people being picky about groups goes away pretty quick that way, even if you replace “friends” with “a community made up of randos I found that all just want to be able to get a quick group.”

2 Likes

Break these walls, and make WoW great again!

Hate to say something like this but all the devs have done for the past few expansions is design the entire game around M+ while screwing other game modes, anything that hurts m+ is good.

Remember when dungeons didn’t have affixes?

Good times indeed.

WoW has been taken over by masochists who cannot enjoy playing without high doses of suffering.

1 Like

Dungeons didn’t have affixes back when they were only there as a stepping stone to raids or as catchup gear for alts with some very few and far between actual strong badge gear only obtainable from dungeons.

Is that what you are getting at or want to go back to?

Yes, I want that.

2 Likes