M+ causes major disparity with raid difficulty

Remember that getting more than 2 aspects crests per week from raiding isn’t so easy for most mythic raiders at this point.

3 Likes

Anybody who’s raiding to get gear is playing the game wrong, since raiding is just about the worst method of gearing there is.

Clearly not since it gives bis in every slot.

2 Likes

Sure, and raid gear shouldn’t work in M+

1 Like

If only we could live in the Magical Fairyland of Acalen where raids drop infinite gear.

I m+ mostly and feel like I have to raid a lot of the time for gear because it has the coolest most unique items, so I hard disagree here. It is also amazing for getting tier comparatively.

That being said I love the accessibility of the new raid, it has been a lot of fun and I enjoy both!

Mythic raid also drops crests so it quite literally drops BiS in every slot.

Except you can’t even cap on crests from full clearing.

Capping on crests requires doing M+, which by itself can get you to cap.

The entire game’s gearing system revolves around M+. That’s the problem.

2 Likes

Especially because mythic raid drops gear of higher ilvl than anything you can obtain from dungeon spam lmao.

Again 100% fine with that. If M+ gear doesn’t work in raids, I, as a raider, would never care to step foot into M+.

My guild are good people and fun to raid with, but they are hyper casuals and haven’t killed Sarkareth on normal. So i pug heroic.

Yep. Because to get one piece of Heroic raid gear to Mythic ilvl 441, you need to kill 3 Heroic raid bosses and 1.5 Mythic bosses. If you gear exclusively through raiding, you will end up with more crests than gear unless you have flawless luck. To get the crests to upgrade every slot, you’d have to kill 48 bosses on Heroic and 24 bosses on Mythic. That is for the entire season.

No it doesn’t, the first few bosses drop stuff 6 ilvls lower than what you get from vault for M+.

Nor does raid loot get a vault ilvl boost.

Isn’t vial of animated blood BiS for ret?

I said dungeon SPAM, not the vault. So you are objectively wrong.

I know Forgestorm & Crawg Tusks are BiS for Monks, that’s for sure.

You don’t have to cap the crests. The point is, you can literally get bis in every single slot from mythic raid. M+ players can also get a few bis slots through crests but raiders get those too.

So mythic raid gives bis in every slot.

And the nelth sword is BIS for 2handers and the bow was bis for hunters last tier, this changes all the time.

Mark of dargrul is BiS damage for blood.

Dungeon spam gives stuff that’s upgradeable to 441 which is the same as the first few Mythic bosses (and Mythic boss drops cannot be upgraded).