M+ causes major disparity with raid difficulty

M+ has camtrips, and bonus ilvls in some slots also, your point?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Nope. Not anymore. That’s wrong. Any slot that isn’t 447 from the raid is 447 because you craft it. Raiding is strictly better, you will have at least as high or higher ilvl in every slot. False and wrong.

With what crests??

Remember that on mythic most people aren’t full clearing early. 1 enchanted aspects crest requires 6 bosses worth of aspects crest. 250 guilds in the world can currently do that in a week, and that means 0 upgrades to 441 that week.

3 Likes

Raiding drops crests. Just because you might choose to extend even on an easy tier doesn’t mean it doesn’t. You don’t even need to spend crests as a mythic raider, just save 4 crests every 2 weeks, considering you get 80 fragments off first 4 bosses every 2 weeks you’re fine on that front.

Except limited to 1 boss kill per week, meaning if you only can down say 3 bosses - you’d only get them from 3 bosses a week.

Yet M+ is repeat farmable over and over for crests til your cap - no lockouts or limits

Again, this assumes you get any drops to begin with. 4 bosses is 2 dungeons worth of items, or 0.8 items per person.

1 Like

Anything more than 1 piece of loot per week is already more than M+ players get in terms of Mythic quality loot.

Well, by your own definition in another thread, 3 of those don’t drop mythic loot.

So you get 0.2 mythic items per person.

1 Like

You get vault which has bonus ilvl stuff and higher ilvl tier.

Same as M+, but without the infinite 441s and spare crests to go with it.

2 Likes

Mythic loot isn’t even able to be upgraded though and caps at a lower ilvl then an M+ vault

And not to mention the fact that M+ people can just farm the same easiest dungeon over and over on a +16 for their aspect crests, they don’t have to do all dungeons or harder ones. You can fill your vault by doing same dungeon over and over on a +20 so you could just pick say Underrot.

1 Like

That’s the other thing, you can full wipe in a dungeon and not have to reset. There have been dungeons this season where you could full wipe twice and 2 chest.

can’t do that vs a raid boss.

And you can never get more than 1 piece of 447 per week. M+ player will never get an Ashkandur or a Call trinkets or multiple 447+ items per week from their 1 Vault offering. 447 isn’t even that good now that is crafted ilvl open to pretty much anyone playing progression content - 447 being a baseline there’s almost no loot that even exists from M+ aside from a few trinkets and cantrips.

With crafting and upgrade system, is never been easier to gear up. Just clearing normal/heroic by now should be enough to gear a whole mythic team, using crafting and m+ to cover the rest. Most mythic guilds are probably thinking of extending at this point, mostly that the first 4-5 bosses have close to 0 upgrades anyway.

I dont think it has ever been easier to keep up with raiding mythic, there is no boring system, having to do 8 m+ runs per week is nothing compared to past expansions.

What is the point on comparing m+ vs raiding? Just use both and be happy about it, if you want to raid mythic you should be expected to do what is needed to help out the team, lets just be happy is not something like Thorghast or boring WQ.

Think of the vault though, okay.

Raiders have to kill X UNIQUE bosses. 3/5 or 7

M+ vault should require the same. UNIQUE dungeons. Meaning to fill vault you should have to run each dungeon ONE time so if you want all +20 slots, you do each dungeon on a +20

1 Like

Why? You are only hurting raiders by doing that, they are the ones that are happy to do 8 Underots and be done for the week. Making it harder to fill your m+ vault, is not a way to help raiders.

2 Likes

Get rid of this jank key system an md we can start talking. I’ll take loot locks and needing to clear different dungeons and needing to time and so forth if it means I can start pulling 450 ilvl and 457 UR loot and so on.

If you wanted true parity without buffing raid, you’d get rid of the EoD ilvl, make the vault EOD, but you can only clear each dungeon once per week for loot, and they drop 1 item for the party (down from 2).

Also, the vault level also scales with what key it is, and is now 441-450, depending on the dungeon. Only can manage an underrot? enjoy your 441 M+20 vault.

2 Likes

Oh, more than that.

In raid, every boss is different in difficulty, and they get harder as you go further in.

I’ve long held the view that keys need to add additional affixes as the key level goes up, or as you do additional keys during the week.

Three affixes, then four, then five, then six affixes at once, and so on. And have it increase rapidly.

Instead, they dropped the seasonal affix entirely, because M+ players just want easy loot. It’s the welfare loot that makes M+ “the most popular content in the game”, and it’s that same reason that the M+ crowd is so terrified of the rest of the gaming becoming competitive.

5 Likes

I hate the key system too. I think you should be able to choose the dungeon and the level, and I fully support some sort of lockout system to M+. Since they wont remove the raid lockouts, to bring M+ in line with raiding it too needs a lockout system.

I think in order for M+ to not be as easy and over powered as it currently is, it needs changes. Because it’s honestly the no lifers dream in the current state

2 Likes