Lunar Preservation quest bugged

I’m wondering if Zone phasing might be causing this issue. I was completing these just fine, until i entered Darkshore (collecting Elders) and had to speak with Zidormi to change the zone phase. After that, all my remaining moonwells (Duskwood, Feralas, Ashenvale, Stonetalon) were bugged. Nothing helped: disabling all addons, /reload, restarting client, not even the full-UI reset as posted above.

This was attempted in Retail… regardless of my avatar, which seems insistent on posting as my Classic character… >.>

1 Like

Feralas not working for me.

My bugged right after I did Hyjal.

Hyjal must be last, the rest of the order does not matter.

1 Like

Ill try that then. This is a pain for non druids who can’t portal to the locations. Get it together Blizzard.

I didn’t do Hyjal last and didn’t have any glitches. I did make sure I did the quest on a toon that was up to date on the Magni quests, because I’d read that was a problem.

(I made a drunkard’s walk around Kalimdor, Hyjal second to last, and then did Eastern Kingdoms starting in the north.)

I have done this quest 3 times now to no avail. When I get to the 7th moonwell, it registers but no quest completion. I have reset the UI twice and no change.

I can confirm doing them in order works… I got stuck on my 4th moonwell and tried everything Blizzard suggested to no avail. Abandoned the quest and did them in order doing the South Ashenvale well first then the North Ashenvale well… From there just one in each other place in order and it worked.

1 Like

UPDATE: I got it to work.

Do the moonwell locations in the exact order that the quest lists them. I just did it and it worked so I hope it works for everyone one else.

1 Like

Confirmed, doing Hyjal last worked for me,

1 Like

To avoid bug do it in this order:
Ashenvale South, Ashenvale North, Felwood, Feralas, Moonglade, Stonetalon, Duskwood, Mount Hyjal.
HYJAL MUST BE LAST! Hyjal is what causes the glitch!

4 Likes

There is a north and south Ashenvale, Felwood, Feralas, Moonglade, Stoletalon Mountains, Duskwood, Mount Hyjal (Save for last).

I can’t confirm this tip for others but if you are an Alliance Druid you can finish this quest in under 10mins. You can use your dreamwalk ability to get to most of the locations and then it’s a quick flight to the rest.

I dont think the order matters except to save mt. Hyjal for last.

The order I did mine in was moonglade, dreamwalked to Feralas, dreamwalked to duskwood, dreamwalked to felwood, flew north ashenvale, flew to south ashenvale, flew to stoletalon mt, dreamwalked to mt hyjal

This totally works. Everyone should try this.

Can confirm: Do Mt Hyjal last and you won’t have a problem.

I have successfully done Feralas then Hyjal but now cannot do Ashenvale. If what posters are saying above is true and you gotta do Hyjal last then that is just garbage. fix it please

Well, I may as well add my two cents here. I had no issue doing this quest on my horde character. I jumped on my alliance character and did it EXACTLY the same way and can not for the life of me get it to complete. I did Hyjal last on both characters so I am not sure that is what the issue is.

EDIT: Ok, figured out what was causing my issue. I had a quest “Healing Nordrassil” that was open around the last pool. I had to complete that quest then leave the zone and then come back and as was to complete.

Thank you for the help guys! Doing Hyjal last worked for me. I did the moonwells in the order the quest gives.

Ohhh, that might be my problem then. It bugged after Hyjal. I’ll give it a shot. TY

Tried on my fresh 120 alt lock couldn’t use it at mount hyjal I suspect because I didn’t do the prior heart of azeroth quest so tried on my main 120 dh it worked at hyjal only to not work at ashenvale, tried resetting UI, Disabling all addons, Reloading, Disabling war mode and logging on/off. Nothing works its obviously a broken quest I pray blizzard gives us credit because this really irritates me trying to be an achievement hog I see that’s not possible. :stuck_out_tongue:

My third stop was Hyjal and then it bugged when I went to Ashenvale. I restarted and took the advice here and did it in order of the way the quest states, making Hyjal my final stop. Worked perfectly.