Lunar Preservation quest bugged

Likewise, did Hyjal second on two tries. Once on this character, once on a nelf alt. Belf alt bugged out a 7/8 at duskwood. Nelf alt bugged out at 3/8 at first ashenvale one. Doing hyjal last on belf finished it. Having done the green dragon quest part of the Heart of Azeroth if available is recommend.

I did hyjal last and it worked for me

Edit: Didnt have to uninstall addons or anything

1 Like

Saw a suggestion here that Mt Hyjal is whatā€™s bugging it. Tried skipping over Mt Hyjal, and I was actually able to make progress.
I also have all my Addons and everything uninstalled as well.

Same issue here, stuck in Ashenvale and canā€™t complete.

Iā€™m having the same issue on my 120 druid on Hellscream. I was able to get the Moonglade and Hyjal moon wells, but as soon as I got to the Felwood one, I wasnā€™t able to complete it. There were a bunch of others of both factions hovering around that couldnā€™t seem to complete it either.

My first action was to reload the ui, nothing happened. I then logged out in the inn and logged back in. Still not working. I logged out and onto a different character, then logged back in after staying on the other character for about a minute. Nothing worked. I finally gave up and logged off.

Hopefully this is hotfixed tomorrow. Thank you for your time.

i had hyjal and moonglade leftā€¦

hyjal worked fine, and the moonglade one wouldnā€™t register.

based on the above comments, iā€™d suggest leaving hyjal until last.

[edit] just tried with another character, was going to save hyjal for last.
thought i had them all completed, went to hyjal (worked fine)
ā€¦but then discovered Iā€™d missed oneā€¦ and was unable to complete the final one.

Please, when you fix the issue with hyjal, ADD TRACKING TO THIS QUEST SO WE CAN SEE WHICH ONES WEā€™VE DONE.

3 Likes

On my first attempt at the Lunar Preservation quest, I did Moonglade first and then Mount Hyjal; since itā€™s so close to Moonglade. But when I got to Ashenvale, neither Moonwell worked.

I checked Wowheadā€™s page on the quest, and several people were saying Moonwells stopped working after Mount Hyjal. So, I teleported back to Moonglade (am a Druid :wink: ), abandoned the quest, and started over.

On the second time through, I did Mount Hyjal last. All the Moonwells worked perfectly!

My route was:
Moonglade
Ashenvale (near volcano)
Ashenvale (south of Raynewood Retreat)
Stonetalon Mountains
Feralas (Dire Maul)
Duskwood
Mount Hyjal

Iā€™m level 73, do I donā€™t have any Azurite stuff yet; so I didnā€™t have to contend with being in the wrong phase in Mount Hyjal.

6 Likes

On my first attempt at the Lunar Preservation quest, I did Moonglade first and then Mount Hyjal; since itā€™s so close to Moonglade. But when I got to Ashenvale, neither Moonwell worked.

Whoops! Accidentally posted as my WoW Classic Warriorā€¦ needless to say she didnā€™t make this tripā€¦ lol! :laughing:

The quest Lunar Preservation is bugged. If you visit the Mt. hyjal moonwell at any point other than last, visiting the other moonwell locations does not activate the ability to perform the ritual. I personally have done this quest five times on one of my characters because there is also no tracking system to tell you how many wells you have to visit.

The first time, I didnā€™t know it would matter and I went to Hyjal early and discovered the glitch upon reaching the next moonwell.
The second time, after someone told me about the glitch, I went to all the zones, but didnā€™t realize there was a second well in Ashenvale so I went to Hyjal too soon.
Third and fourth times I got distracted and lost count and went to Hyjal too early.

Please fix this or lock them into an order or anything. This has been annoying.

Consequently in doing this bug report using the in-game system, I discovered another issue. The ā€œTell us about the issueā€ part of the bug report does not have scroll bars nor does it allow copy/paste functionality.

I have typed this twice because the in-game system decided to play looper on me.

Regards,

Jermethius

No matter what I do (log out and in, reset ui, do the wells by zone order of the quest) I have been on the run around now for completing this quest 3 1/2 times now and each time hyjal just wont count, no matter what order i do it in and how many times i try to charge the staff. The staff casts but wonā€™t complete.
Some of us have jobs and donā€™t have the time or energy to do these buggy quests over and over again only for them to not complete. Please fix this already! Itā€™s frustrating!

Iā€™ve done it last 2 times now and it still didnt work

Oh, so I just finally got it done. the azerite power quest there I just completed it in the heart chamber and went back to try to charge the staff at hyjal again and it finally completed.

1 Like

I had this problem the first time i ran the quest. I did the one at start then felwood then hyjal at which point i couldnā€™t do any other moonwells. After deleting the quest item and restarting the quest I went through all the moonwells except hyjal and did hyjal last and didnā€™t have any problems. Maybe this will help

TLDR: Try retarting quest and do Hyjal last

Ashenvale bugged for me right now.

Edit: First time I did Hyjal 3rd, it bugged, I abandoned, then restarted and saved Hyjal for last. Worked for me. Looks like the issue is with Hyjal, save it for last. Hopefully there will be a fix asap. Pretty weird bug.

Ashenvale not working, bunch of players here with same problem.

Ashenvale isnā€™t working. I dropped and picked it back up and was able to that one and the others I did the first time but now Feralas isnā€™t working. I reloaded and reset the ui and nothing.

Edit: Duskwood isnā€™t working either. The last 2 I need.

So after i went to hyjal third, all other moonwells stopped working. I restarted the quest and havenā€™t gone to hyjal yet and other moonwells seem to be working now. I will edit this post if/when i finish

edit: Doing mount hyjal last worked for me.

1 Like

That worked for me.

I did Mt. Hyjal last (after completing the neck quest) but the moonwell portion would not take, despite bathing the staff in the moonwell 5+ times.

I am going to attempt to do the quest again today, once again doing Mt. Hyjal last. I submitted a ticket after two failed attempts on two characters last night, but have yet to receive a response.

Weā€™ll see.

If you die ā€¦ the buff disappear :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ā€¦