WoW LUA Error - E_MISSING_CRYPTKEY

All seen in original post plus now message saying “world server is down”

1 Like

Yep. Got the exact same error. Got booted and can’t log back in. Loading screen hangs on the last 10%.

Running into same issue, every time I login get that error and hangs loading into game on area52

I clicked Reload UI on the LUA Error screen and it finally let me log in, give that a try, maybe it’ll work for you as well.

that worked for me! thank you for the tip!

I did this and it made my game randomly become choppy at times. Not sure what graphics settings changed but I can definitely tell there is something off… I did change the graphics to how I believed it to be as well.

Hey all,

This particular LUA error is being caused by a bug with the WoW 9.1.5 client. Our WoW team is already on it and working to get the bug fixed. Thanks for reporting it!

20 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: WoW BB8 error

I just logged in and got this same error myself! I clicked reload ui too and i got to log in but have only been logged in for about 3 minutes so no idea if it will be booting me off like another mentioned.

1 Like

I am still getting this error whenever I log in.

Same here. It capped my foreground FPS, which I unchecked, but something is still off, not sure what.

Started getting it after yesterday’s long maintenance. Something has changed, I also noticed it takes longer to activate an ability in combat after a cooldown is finished too.

1 Like

Hey all,

We appreciate the reports on this. The devs are still working on a fix and we don’t have an ETA on this just yet, but you can close the LUA error for now to work around it while we fix the core problem. The error should resolve itself when we patch in a client fix for it later, so just check again each time your WoW client updates and it should automatically disappear eventually.

8 Likes

Thank you for the info. :slight_smile:

Yeah, glad I googled this. I was worried that it might have something to do with authentication or something. Thanks for your help!

i deleted and downloaded wow and its still there on the new download

I did a fresh reinstall. Same issues. I can’t play the game. Getting 17 fps since the Lua Error issue occurred.

The Lua issue is still here for me tonight, popping up on the character select screen.

thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.