Low level is dead

Low level pvp has always been a mess but lately on several characters in different brackets it has been absolutely dead. It seems to be a real up and down curve. Very low 10-19, 20-29 reasonable queues, 30-39 peak time is okay, gets long in the evening, 40-49, 50-59 long all the time. Avg time always says 10-15 minutes but expect up to an hour followed by a seething shore with one or both teams at 5 players or so few that games end after 3 minutes (timer starts at 5 before the game actually begins).

60 seems to be it’s own bracket but dominated by twinks in gear obtained from grand hunt bags that scale to 400+ ilvl so most games have a mm hunter one shotting levellers. They turn off experience at 59 and farm grand hunt/dragonbane keep bags then ding 60 and open them awarding 418-421 greens. Queues range from 30ish minutes at peak times to hours off peak. 61-69 is definitely the most active of the levelling brackets but also infested with the twinks in 400+ ilvl gear from both hunt bags and hilariously, twinks in 400+ anniversary gear from 6 months ago. All of this is also effected by party sync twinks who seem to like 20-29 and 50-69. Seem to be the best brackets for them to dominate other players probably because 30’s/40’s you can still buy high ilvl gear from pvp vendors that is superior to heirlooms/dungeon gear.

Essentially levelling pvp is being destroyed by the games direction. While writing i’ve got a level 60 in queue, avg wait 19 min, time in queue 1 hour 26 minutes and my partners level 36, avg wait time 10 minutes, time in queue 51 minutes. It’s not a bugged queue, i’ve tried on many occasions to re-queue, low level is done. I’ve tried different times/ days of the week etc queues still get so long it’s not worth trying.

I’m only writing this for the hell of it, i don’t expect anyone to read this or any intelligent discussion, just calling it as i see it. I’ve always enjoyed low level pvp and can’t remember ever having to wait so long for queues to pop.

12 Likes

Yeah man I feel all of that. Wish more non twink people just leveling and wanting to have a fun time in a BG learning their new character would queue. I guess dungeons and quests are just the way to quickly level and it seems like everyone is very ADHD and impatient to get to 70 so they don’t queue BGs anymore. The dungeons are obnoxious too because usually it’s a twink tank that just pulls 1/3 of the instance every pull and leaves the group like as the last boss is dying. So impatient haha. But anyways good post man I agree.

3 Likes

cheers buddy, even one sincere reply is good enough for me.

2 Likes

Your Insignia was Yummy !

3 Likes

It deserves to be.

PvP just isn’t worth touching until max level.

2 Likes

naturally, when expansions come out, yes…

They need to go back to how scaling worked in WoD, it’s been all down hill since. They also invalidated crafted gear and heirlooms and the talent trees don’t seem designed at all for low level pvp. I think they’re trying to get people to grind more or maybe play more pve and less pvp.

2 Likes

True, would make things better for sure. But another major issue is spell scalling. certain moves are just scaled way to high at low levels. Combine this with some improperly scales items ( I am looking at you balefire branch ) and you get games at lower lvls that are just obnoxious 1 shots.

Just for example my lvl 20 shaman who isn’t bis with balefire up can crit for 6-7k as resto.

What needs to be done imo

-Readd wod scalling system with current timewalking rules
Gear scales to a set ilvl even gear higher ilvl then that ilvl( just for a quick example the 20-29 bracket would scale to ilvl 89)
This would stop warforged gear from crushing everything while also stopping future pvp sets obtainable at 30-35-40 from absolutely crushing but being a good way to obtain gem gear.

• A pass on problematic items.
    Balefire branch lol and other items with clearly unintended scalling.

-A pass on spell scaling at various levels. some of them are just broken at lower levels, maybe split some of the trouble makers into ranks? idk this would have to be a completely overhaul of talent trees which I don’t see happening due to max lvl implications.

I feel like these changes would alleviate some of the nonsense going on in lower lvl brackets, I base this on my experience lvling through bgs and playing twink vs twink matches. There is a reason why twink wargames and events tend to ban items/spells/specs. its just not fun or interesting to be turned into paste by a stormkeeper lightning bolt.

3 Likes

“low level is dead”

As it should be. Don’t waste your time in the kiddie pool.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Leveling by doing bg’s and having fun used to be a thing. Party sync killed it.

13 Likes

People who game the system end up dooming it in the end.

What incentive is there for a leveler to join bgs when you have some lamer twink and his party synced friends holding the entire bg hostage? Getting camped in the gy. Not being able to kill the twink disc priest.

If they ever normalize gear and disable party sync maybe low level will recover

6 Likes

should just be removed and replaced with some kinda template pvp mode or something

4 Likes

xp debuff cant be used in bgs so what twinks are you seeing besides at 60?
the problem with low level pvp are the entitled lazy players who want free xp/honor just for clicking the join bg button.

this 1000000 % this

6 Likes

thats funny/ironic cuz party sync players get a template while synced.

It can be. And is done often in ways that can’t be described here.

Xpoff twinks get into reg bgs without gaining xp via an exploit.

Why is it always blame players? The game allows you to queue with no explanation, and no requirements.

Also bgs to level is inordinately inefficient so people aren’t doing it to level faster, and the honor is trash sub 70.

Most do it because they want a break from questing or dungeons and to do something different but low level bgs are so trash, plus blizz explains literally zero about PvP that it’s a bad experience for most players.

3 Likes

XP is terrible compared to dungeons as are rewards, I can heal a dungeon at this level with a boomkin chain pulling and get a lot of gold, upgrades, transmog items or I can a BG and maybe get 1-2 upgrades in 10 levels with only expense in repairs. I did a lot of work to get Tess to this point.

3 Likes

players need a break from scripted encounters and AI so they decide to play against actual people?
listen to what your saying.

Yes? That’s exactly it.

Scripted ai gets boring. Why is PvP alive at all in this game? Because it offers a non-consistent game mode.

Why do any of us run the same bgs or arenas over and over ad nauseam?

We’ve established the contrary to everything else: bgs are atrocious for xp, gear, and pretty much anything leveling related.

Leveling is also super boring because it’s extraordinarily easy and lacking any danger.

PvP offers danger and challenge which is a welcome change to the boring leveling experience.

8 Likes

pretty much this , also the XP used to be so much back in legion it was best thing ever to level between all the zones and bgs esp epics ! Ever since they gave us party sync lowbie pvp has died . Now when you are leveling you are stuck dungeon and quest spamming bcuz it takes over 3 hrs to get into a single bg much less once you do half ur team quits because ur against party sync 70s that cant hang in the 70 pvp bracket .

honestly they should remove party sync from pvp entirely. Make adjustments to the xp again so peopel can have fun leveling . I know i would .

2 Likes