PvP Issues Organized Megathread Plea for Aid to Community Council and Blizzard

You’re not the first person I’ve seen mention how messed up PvP is in the lower level brackets, I’m also hearing complaints about how level scaling is working, where max level players who are party synced with lower level players are dominating in the lower brackets due to the way the gear and abilities scale down in power I guess it was pretty poorly implemented.

I personally haven’t run low level BGs in like 2 or 3 years, I’m planning to write another tab on this post related to fixing PvP gear scaling in the lower brackets since from what I hear it’s in shambles. Thanks for reminding me, I’m gonna que some low level BGs later since most of my low lvl alt characters were all decked out in PvP gear from before the level squish. Before the level squish PvP in lower brackets felt fine.

Gear doesn’t scale now, they do an addition that I think is the difference in stats from heirloom gear at your level and x8 (which is what the party syncs are set to).

Interesting. If anyone here has play tested multiple low level brackets recently and wants to leave some notes on how it feels trying to level through PvP and or notes on how various gear sets feel, please feel welcome to leave those notes here, I’ll check them out and incorporate them into the new tab I plan on writing.

1 Like

I don’t think people usually level through BGs, it’s more a diversion than anything but I have used it to learn new classes. I’ve only dabbled recently aside from grinding honor for a max level set in the 61-69 bracket, I have a level 25 healer that was totally undergeared to play in the bracket but they have the same gear from BfA where they were probably overgeared.

1 Like

How do the que times feel?

1 Like

61-69 was about the same as max level, 20s was also quick but I hear they slow and sometimes don’t pop in higher brackets (someone mentioned they couldn’t get a pop in 50s). I usually queue in the evenings.

EDIT: This is an active thread in the BG forum. Low level is dead

2 Likes

I love PvP.

2 Likes

Thanks for linking, I’ll check that out!

Me too Mohz, me too! Cheers to hoping Blizz will find the will to fix some of these issues.

2 Likes

Mohz is known for taking on the sync premaders with a smaller group.

1 Like

Right on good for him. Beating premades is my specialty also, I never que below 70 though, I’m gonna jump into it now on a scaled down 70 with my wife and then on a low level geared alt to see how different it feels.

1 Like

Last time I scaled down from 70 I was absolutely cranking, could probably kill the whole enemy team alone.

1 Like

Update, I qued a couple games in the level 30 Bracket as a scaled down level 70 Arms Warrior, holy smokes, I more than doubled the damage of the 2nd highest, scored 18 KBs and was killing them 4 at a time in 3-4 shots each. At one point their whole team singled me out and I killed half of them and kited away with my life around a corner and killed 3 more before the match ended. This was totally unethical, something has to be done about this.

Qued 1 game in the level 60 Bracket as a scaled down 70. We started out 4 men short, then 1 more left before we started one was afk in our base. I managed to lead us to victory through good coordination and out healed everyone as an Arms Warrior, the enemy team had a Mistweaver monk that was doing fairly well and an Augvoker. My damage wasn’t much higher than everyone else’s but I was still top damage and healing, might have had something to do with the few deaths I suffered at the start when we were short 5 guys. We ended up getting 4 more guys before the match ended.

Due to the current state of PvP in all other areas of play this doesn’t surprise me at all but it does bum me out to know this has just been happening this whole time. Gonna conduct further tests later on some of my low level alts.

3 Likes

That was pretty much my experience too, unethical is the right word, you just don’t fit and absolutely stomp everything in sight it’s sad it’s been like this for so long.

2 Likes

could we get a real pvp server for retail? War mode is so lame

1 Like

Wow, if it’s that bad I can see why people do it just to slaughter people, honestly sounds kinda fun to mop everyone up with a full group of scaled down 70s. But ya I agree, highly unethical

1 Like

Don’t go getting any ideas Vermax! We’re here to make the world a better place XD

2 Likes

Maybe we should start a day counter, you know like “Day 31 Of Asking the Community Council and Blizzard to Help Please Fix PvP”. Only here in the comments though, we don’t wanna get flagged for spam

1 Like

Wow, to be honest it feels like it’s been longer than that. Probably because collectively as a community we’ve be asking since BFA…

yeah, I’ve been reconsidering my sub lately. This xpac kinda missed the mark for me, now with the lack of new content and the lackluster state of PvP, and just seeing the overall lack of effort on Blizzards part, it has me questioning why am I paying $15/month for this? I already dumped Netlix and Disney+ Blizz is toeing that line for me.

1 Like

If I weren’t taking time off work currently I might not even be playing. With the current state of PvP in general and Blizzards overall either incompetence/or neglect toward this game mode I’ve considered jumping ship too.

DF was going to be my last expansion if they didn’t get their act together but to be honest I love Inner Earth themed stuff so TWW is right up my alley, plus there’s gonna be a new BG and Hero Talents look interesting but I bet there’s gonna be lots of problems. I’ll check TWW out but I doubt we’ll see any major PvP changes after launch and if the narrative team can’t bring some grit into this game, I’m out.

2 Likes