Lost Solace to a Boomkin yesterday in MS OS

Lost solace is a good trinket in PVP. As long as he uses it for his main spec I don’t see the issue here.

It’s clearly an arcane mage trinket. :joy:

You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing, keep on trollollolololooloing!!

2 Likes

What we really need is better separation of PvP and PvE gear…I don’t think it’s fair that either side should need to do the other in order to progress

On the other hand I recall PvP power and resilience being a very unpopular change…oh that’s going to be a fun time if we get Cata Classic

Welp the boomy never pvp’d and said he doesn’t PvP so I don’t understand what your getting at

2 Likes

Gonna hard disagree and this is what killed Retail in major ways.

I have no desire to play Retail cause there isn’t any interesting gear. PvE gear doesn’t matter. There is no reason to Raid or do M+ since that gear doesn’t matter in PvP. There is no variety in gear or builds.

They fully separated PvP and PvE and removed the reason for me to log in at the same time in Retail.

All I want is a fun MMORPG to play and the ability to Theorycraft something fun. Gear and options on Gear is the focal point of the game. Soon as you limit that you start removing the core reason to log in.

If they want to fix Retail they should remove PvP auras, have abilities function the same in PvE and PvP. They should make gear valuable to both aspects of the game. Give us a reason to log in and something fun to play.

I say this and I 100% don’t like Raiding either. I don’t like doing Dungeons. However the alternative is far far worse. It’s better to have a complete game then one that is separated and kills what an MMORPG is about.

WotLK gets it right and Retail got it wrong. History has proven this. It’s 100% a good thing that PvE items are BiS in PvP. It’s healthy for the game.

I could explain this even further if you want in greater detail. I just kept it short.

The game is 15+ years old, I know how every class works. I’m saying it’s a terrible design in general. Glad I had my fun already I’ll be done with this trash after ICC

2 Likes

Coolzies, I’m hoping to play WotLK for many years to come. If you are only stopping by and then being toxic while here. Well good riddance.

I guess I just don’t really see the value of gear itself as anything more than a means to an end - playing the content I find enjoyable

But, I’m also not a theorycrafter. Just a difference in how we enjoy the game, I suppose

It’s a gear based game. The gear is what makes the game fun and interesting. WotLK had tons of gear varieties and stats to really enjoy the RPG aspect of the game. It gave players agency over their characters to create something cool and a build that fits their playstyle. If you remove that there just isn’t a reason to log in. The game becomes restrictive and boring. Like Retail.

Raiding is not enjoyable and the only reason I do it is for the gear. That is the single greatest reason why players are in there. The gear.

This is why Retail is in shambles. There is not only no reason to Raid as PvP players but not even one as a PvE player. Except maybe 1 item Raids in Retail is terrible for gearing/time. We can see clearly how bad that turned out.

Yea but you can’t theorycraft if there is no gear options. You see that right? It’s not like I can log into Retail and Theorycraft something fun. They removed that by separating the game and ruining gear. It’s just X gear and like it or leave it. So most of us left it and why we play Classic.

A Prot warrior choosing to wear Dps Tier 2pc is interesting. When in PvP sacrificing Resil for better PvE stats is interesting to create a unique build. It all comes down to the variety of gear options that gives us the ability to Theorycraft.

Works both ways too. PvE players using PvP enchants or an item due to high Stamina or Hit/Crit is a good thing. It’s healthy for the game to have infinite gear options so people want to play the game. Even if they don’t enjoy that aspect of content.

Yeah, I get it. I’m not trying to argue or change your mind or anything, just expressing a difference in view

I’m usually sitting when I’m talking on the forums, When where and how was I killed. Don’t remember dying.

1 Like

Ha, nothing you have said is ground breaking, the point is if you are rolling for something that is not the spec you are raiding as since the spec you are raiding as is considered your MS in the raid, IT MUST BE STATED BEFORE THE RAID BEGINS AND EVERYONE MUST BE INFORMED → note caps in this case is not to shout but to state the obvious. The gentleman losing a clear MS item from a clear OS druid item in this case is bull but that is the nature of some pugs. That’s why when pugging, you should always vet who you are pugging with sadly. He has the right to be upset and well he should be.

2 Likes

It happened once… we just said we were not going to heal if it was not given to a healer and were just ready to leave the group.

It was traded to the healing priest.

If you didn’t get the other healers to rally over your cause, there’s probably more to the story, he probably rolled for a healer and it was planned ahead.

It’s not bull because Solace is for his MS for Boomkin since it’s BiS
Just like DV is an MS roll for Prot despite being considered a Dps trinket.

In both scenarios they are rolling on an item for their MS. That’s why they are in the Raid to get this BiS item for their MS.

You can try and spin it so many different ways but you are wrong and keep missing the facts.

1 Like

Lol, you are a clown. That must be stated before the raid starts, No DV is in no was bIs for prot paladins and no solace is in no way bIS for boomkins. Idk why you’re justifying crappy looting behavior but yea I in no way missed any facts, Bis for pvp must be stated before the raid starts and yeah “you think you do but you dont”.

2 Likes

No reason to get mad cause you lost a roll fairly and someone else got a BiS item.

Except they are. You have been told this.

Nope sure doesn’t. All that matters is if it is BiS for your MS that you play.

DV for Prot MS is BiS
Solace for Boomkin MS is BiS

In both scenario’s the players are rolling on BiS for their Main Spec. They are doing the raid for those BiS items. This shouldn’t be a surprise.

Bis Is BIs, BiS is Bis, dude I’m not angry, Did you even read my post? I was more dumb founded and no DV is in no way bis for prot pallys. Keep on encouraging crappy behavior, you told the OP good riddance that he was being toxic, but with your logic and ideals I can see that you are the toxic one here but that is the nature of toxic people. Your MS is the spec you raid as, and that is your default loot UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE BEFORE THE RAID SO EVERYONE IS INFORMED → not this is just to state the obvious and in now way intends shouting.

1 Like

Not exactly sure why you think this. Just letting you know that Prot’s know what BiS is and will roll on these trinkets. Prot Wars will roll on Arp trinkets. You act like I’m telling them this is BiS. No it’s been BiS for 10 years. That’s why they roll on it.

He was being toxic. They literally called WotLK trash and only want to do ICC and be finished with it. What type of attitude is that? Ohhh right, it’s toxic.

However I actually care about WotLK as it’s the pinnacle of WoW and the best expansion and if toxic players who don’t care about it leave. It’s a good thing.

Explaining to you how the game works is toxic? Telling you that these items are BiS? That’s an interesting take.

Right and if you raid as Prot and BiS is DV for your build. You are rolling on your MS.
If you Raid as a Boomkin and your BiS is Solace then you are rolling on your MS.

This has been explained and you aren’t making any counterpoints.

In both situation the players Raided as their MS and rolled on trinkets that were BiS for their MS.

Dv is not bis and it will never be. Your MS is the spec you raid as, if you are rolling for an item that is not the spec you are raiding as then it is OS, not hard to understand also Your MS is the spec you raid as, and that is your default loot UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE BEFORE THE RAID SO EVERYONE IS INFORMED → not this is just to state the obvious and in now way intends shouting.