Lost connection to the voice chat service

Hey all,

If you’re continuing to have this issue and you’re not seeing improvements with the post above, I’m curious to get some more information to see if we can find the problem. Based on Shame’s work around, I think something is blocking the voice proxy application and we need to find out what that is.

Can you go in game, reproduce the error, and then create an MSinfo and DXDiag file for us? (If you’re on mac create a system profiler) Once you have the file(s), email it to me so we can look for problems.

Email: techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: Attn: Drakuloth - Lost Connection to the Voice Chat Service

2 Likes

Why not just give us the option to just shut it off? I’m genuinely curious as to why we’re always forced to have this on

8 Likes

MSInfo and DXDiag files have been created and sent (again), hopefully I get a fix. This error has made this game honestly unplayable.

I’ve been having this too, my only work around has be to start uninstalling Adaware, then wait for the “restored connection to voice chat service” to appear. after that I cancel the uninstall and I don’t get any issues unless I switch characters, or DC, or log out, or afk for too long… this needs fixed now…

1 Like

Hopefully sooner rather than later. What a silly problem to have, from a service that a lot of people would like to just be an enable/disable box; give us the option.

1 Like

I still think there is something in game and not necessarily a problem on my end. For instance, I logged in today (in Orgrimmar) and was getting spammed like normal. I went to Zandalar to do some questing and noticed it stopped. /shrug

I’ve noticed this too! I would be in Org or Dal, get spammed, then go to the Barrens and the spam would slowdown, if not completely stop.

any updates?

Zero from my end. Haven’t heard back from the blue from this thread, emailed him and re-did my MSinfo and DXDiag file. Been a week, so I sent in another email to follow up my first one.

I assume I haven’t heard anything due to the holidays (must be nice).

I cannot believe that this error is killing my urge to play.

Honestly I should have just put in a new ticket for this ridiculous issue. I figured this direct email would get the problem solved in a timely manner.

I added wow voice to my exception list of anti virus and has for now stopped the stuttering lag and lost connection message when zoning into Dalaran and BGs.

Hey everybody,

Based on the files I received recently and other things reported in this thread, I’m pretty sure this is security related. Try temporarily uninstalling your security programs and see if it fixes the error message. If it does, add exceptions to your security software for both WoW (Located in World of Warcraft\ _retail _) and WoWVoiceProxy (Located in World of Warcraft\ _retail _\Utils) applications. You’ll also want to report the false positive to your security’s support team.

If it still doesn’t work with your security uninstalled, please send an MSInfo using these instructions. I’ll need more information in this case.

1 Like

I occasionally get this but it seems to be primarily in Orgrimmar or New Dalaran, the most noticeable points is anything with a loading screen between it, like an instance for example.

All in all though, I would prefer the ability to disable it completely rather than have it even attempting to connect at all when I use third-party software for communication.

Hey Nilrog,

While it’s not possible disable the feature entirely though the in-game UI, you can try the workaround other players have mentioned here. This isn’t something we can support or walk you through though. Also keep in mind that blocking WoW functionality could result in other strange issues or patching problems, so if you run into anything like that afterwards, try undoing those steps.

1 Like

Thanks, I still hold hope in a future patch the functionality will be able to be controlled through either the UI or at least through config.wtf directly with a flag.

I can’t even get the temporary fix to work, would really love a proper fix. I literally haven’t touched wow in over a month JUST because this issue is so irritating.

I just had this happen, and I happened to be in Legion Dalaran. It happens ever now and then. I noticed also that at one point as I was approaching the portal to MoP, I hit an invisible wall which stopped my forward progress for a couple of seconds.

So you need to do this each and every time you launch BNET?

Otherwise it will just automatically install each time ?

I’ve been seeing this issue since 8.1 launched. I’ve tried all the same fixes and workarounds mentioned above with the exception of deleting the WowVoiceProxy.exe before launching WoW. Sent my DxDiag and MSInfo to the techinfo email mentioned above. Would love to see a fix for this.

WHY. We aren’t asking for the feature to be deleted from the game by the dev team, we just want the ability to choose if we want it or not. It’s causing a lot of problems and if I never use it, like a broken addon, I’d rather just be able to not have it active. Guess I’ll try that blocking thing.

[[PS - This isn’t a personal attack on you, Blue =) Just general frustration with the program as it eats up memory and bugs out, lagging the game… and there’s almost nothing I can do to get rid of a feature that isn’t required for gameplay.]]

3 Likes

Drakuloth

Im sorry but a better fix would be to be able to turn it all the way OFF.