Lost connection to the voice chat service

Lost connection to the voice chat service.

It is saying the above error message over and over and over again in chat.

I have sound disabled, the voice chat speaker and microphone both have the red / slash through it they are disabled.

How do I get the messages to stop?

4 Likes

I had that problem before. Try deleting the Interface and WTF folders.

I have this same problem.

I have tried deleting Interface and WTF folders. I have disabled voice chat in parental controls. Nothing so far has worked.

Are there any other suggestions for things to try?

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. Spams my chat box with two lines of yellow error text, and also spams the middle of my screen with red lines of error text. Really annoying and constant, I don’t even use the Battlenet voice service. Have tried renaming interface, cache and WTF to get new folders made. Also ran the repair client.

1 Like

Can this issue please get some attention? It’s really, really disruptive to the game, especially for a feature most of don’t even use.

5 Likes

ive been getting that aslo and i dont even use thiers,i use to use discord on browser but i cant that anymore either as wow now uses 98 percent of my cpu,i cant even play the game now it also uses all my ram and yes i have updated drivers and did the normal crap i have had to do over the last 14 tears,this is a patch problem not our pcs they broke the game

Having the same issue. Getting real tiresome.

Tried a scan and repair of wow. Tried uninstall and fresh install of WOW. Still getting this error. I have no idea what else I can do to solve this issue.

Same issue here. Hoping for a fix soon, as it is quite annoying.

Submitted a ticket/bug report for it but I doubt these schmucks are doing anything about it.

Edit: Disabling Adaware didn’t do squat. No surprise there. Subscription dies within a few days anyway, think I’ll let it stay dead.

Happening to me as well and on multiple servers, although that would seem to make sense as it’s probably a client-related issue.

I finally figured out that Adaware was the cause of the issue for me. I had to get rid of it and install a different anti-virus program, as even after whitelisting every wow related folder and process Adaware was still blocking things.

Not only that, but it’s causing horrendous lag/fps drops. I disabled my entire firewall based on the above post, only after I deleted WoW to see if a fresh install would work, d’oh. But I can confirm that disabling it in Parental Controls doesn’t actually disable it.

1 Like

This is happening to me every time I access a buy/sell type NPC. But NOT when I access and NPC such as a flightpath.

Hey all,

We’ve been seeing reports of this error popping up continuously and are currently gathering examples. One bit of commonality between reports has been the use of Adaware antivirus. If you are currently using that as your security programming, please disable it and retest.

Thank you again for your reports so far, we’ll keep investigating from here.

-Lantrasau

1 Like

Thank you Lantrasau. Disabling Adaware did the trick!

I’m not using Adaware, and I’m having the issue.
Actually what fixed it was disabling the basic Windows firewall.

I am also having this problem. My chat box is a wall off yellow spam that reads “Lost connection to the voice chat service”. Something I have never even used…

I also disabled Adaware and windows defender with no luck. Wish there was an option to completely disable this useless voice chat service all together.

4 Likes

What I am doing is locking the WowVoiceProxy.exe file up under windows by removing all permissions. This does trigger a small wow patch to fix this. I’m rather pissed off that the parental controls option to lock out voice chat doesn’t work for this issue.

1 Like