Lost connection to the voice chat service

2 days later and it’s still happening. SHOCKING O:

This is really annoying.

If I wanted yellow spam, I would eat that can of spam that has been partially opened for 10 years!

still having this issue…

Any real solutions yet?

I got this;

I’m not getting a good vibe.

I have a similar issue but my system message says “Could not find the player to invite to the voice chat channel” when I log on. It’s only when I log on but there are anywhere from 2 to 5 messages repeating the same thing. As I am just logging on I haven’t invited anyone. I have attached a screenshot of the messages:

https://i.postimg.cc/Tw91CP1j/Wo-WScrn-Shot-121818-091652.jpg

I temporarily disabled my Interface and WTF folders and deleted my Cache folder - the issue appears to be some variable in my WTF folder. Now I’d prefer not to delete my WTF folder and manually reconfigure all my addons. If I disabled Blizzard Voice Chat would this solve my problem? If so where in the settings is the option to disable it?

So, riddle me this, Batman…I was in Zuldazar getting hit with gradual doses of “Lost connection to the voice chat service” spam. I go to Orgrimmar, have been there for 5-10 minutes now and it seems to have stopped.

Edit: At the same time I had also quit my guild and joined another, returned to Zuldazar and I haven’t seen the message since.

Try chat-cache.wtf

Where would I find that file? Which folder? Sorry for being dumb :smiley:

EDIT: I found a chat-cache text document in one of my character folders in the WTF folder, I guess there is one in each character folder. It’s a chat-cache text file though not a WTF. Is this what I should delete?

Here is a screenshot of the folder and file I am referring to:

https://i.postimg.cc/DwsbjdtQ/chatcache2.jpg

Looks like it isn’t fixed for me. I logged in today and the spam resumed.

alright y’all i’m at the end of my rope here

i have only started getting this spam as of 8.1 dropping last tuesday. i can’t deal with any messages i see getting literally swept away by a spam of “lost connection to the voice chat service”, and when i say swept away i mean SWEPT AWAY. i have it on video just rocketing any guild chat messages off my screen, and it’s utterly infuriating. never before in a decade of playing have i had this issue, and it’s getting to the point where i’m ready to rip my hair out because it’s not an issue on our end, it’s clearly not when this is something that’s only started occurring because of the patch, and i’m getting immensely frustrated that the only real support blizzard is offering is “turn off adaware”, a software i have never heard of in my life.

so far i have done the following:

• deleted my wtf/cache/interface folders and booted up

• renamed my wtf/cache/interface folders and booted up

• used the repair tool on the bnet launcher

• started my computer in selective start-up mode

• started my computer in safe mode

• disabled my firewalls (first one at a time, then both)

• disabled my antiviruses (first one at a time, then both)

• updated my drivers

• updated my antiviruses

• disabled voice chat in parental controls

• disabled micophone in the bnet launcher settings

• disabled blizzard warning messages in the chat settings in game

• uninstalled and reinstalled the game

needless to say, i’m kind of livid that we’ve been having this issue for well over a week now with no real fix. the only solution that seems to have worked thus far is shame’s quick fix here, but it’s just a band-aid and i still have to manually delete the file every time i want to play the game when i shouldn’t have to. it’s getting to the point where the game is unplayable for me and i might just unsub until there’s an actual solution, because i’m essentially paying to not play the game because of how frustrating this spam is.

Same, I am tired of this no solution BS and UH OH…looks like this has fallen down the list of topics. I suppose since Blizz can’t be bothered to give us a proper answer or a fix, then I guess I’ll pick up some slack by putting it back to the top. :smiley:

I could not believe it possible for this to get any worse but now it has. It is no longer sporadic spam it is now a constant stream. I even deleted my WTF and cache folders, disabled all of my firewalls and nothing has helped. Activision / Blizzard you suck. I wish it was possible to get my 6 months advance of subscription time canceled. You can have your mount back.

I have seen this in a specific case: the teleport pad in Broken Isles Dalaran to the “downstairs” portals and such. Lose the connection when the load screen comes up, reconnect when I arrive in the basement.

2 Likes

CS Blue post is misleading it is on Blizzards end and they don’t have the balls to admit it.

3 Likes

i honestly think it’s because blizzard doesn’t realize that when we say spam, we mean spam. it’s not a message every few minutes, it’s a message every second. i have a video that i could show, but apparently i can’t link outside of bnet in my posts.

the only working fix i have found so far is the one i previously linked discovered by shame, but now my game has started creating double the voicechat.exe files (i now have WowVoiceProxy.exe AND WowVoiceProxyT.exe) so that’s fun.

Same problem. I’d like to know how to disable voice chat completely. I don’t use it.

3 Likes

Sooo…

Back in maybe October/Nov, a lot of people were having trouble (me included) with severe lag without an abnormal change in fps or ms. You wouldn’t be able to DO anything, even log out, but text chat was working. So, you could still be entertained by the nubs in trade while watching people run in place. Yay.

One of the things I noticed while monitoring task manager and a few other utilities when this would happen is that a second Wow item, a voice chat item, would pop up as not responding in the task manager. Moments later, the weird lag would happen and you had to kill wow to get out.

That is no longer happening, but this is.

I think it is essentially the same problem. They tried to fix that issue, but caused another instead.

3 Likes

I’ve also been having this problem since (at the very least) the 13th of December. At first it was occasional spam that would last a few lines, then die for a few minutes and then proceed to spam again. I contacted Blizz support since there is no major threads or fixes on this issue yet. They gave me a grocery list of things to fix and update; I did all of it. I even had to delete my WTF, Interface and Cashe files in hopes to end this madness. It’s been too long, no fix and no hope for one in sight. The “Lost connection to the voice chat service.” is now a constant stream of spam. I’m really trying to enjoy my time back in the game, but this is killing any mood I have to play. At this point, if I was playing on a plasma screen TV or something of the like, that line would be burnt into that screen permanently.

This new nerf is too op, please fix.

1 Like