Lore Q&A and Character Help 4

Hey Canni
Working on a bit of RP but need to know a few things.
How are Undead, specifically Death Knights, affected by Alcohol and Alchemy?
Brewmaster are renowned for making brews that have restorative properties or other effects.
Would these work on a Death Knight?

Thanks in advance!
09/06/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Hobbs
How are Undead, specifically Death Knights, affected by Alcohol and Alchemy?
Brewmaster are renowned for making brews that have restorative properties or other effects.
Would these work on a Death Knight?
Undead can vary drastically. Some have blood, some have ichor, and some are bone dry (pun intended). Since blood and a functioning heart and liver are required to get drunk, it seems for most alcohols, these things are required in an undead to feel its effects. Delvar Ironfist is one such example of a death knight who can.

That being said, there's also the Undercity "Skull Shocker", a drink that can apparently get any undead drunk. Presumably this means alchemy and brewing has advanced to a point that whether you have blood and organs or not doesn't matter; there's a way for you to get smashed.

I'd say based on this, an experienced brewer and alchemist could likely produce a few different kinds of concoctions that can affect the undead in similar ways to the living.
1 Like
Hey Cannibal.

Is it possible to become a tidesage after learning the path of the Light? Or to be more exact, learn how to wield the tides/water to your advantage without completely abandoning the Light (combine both classes of magic)?

Example: With a few simple gestures, a water bolt formed around Anali's left hand, while her other had a bolt of Light.
09/06/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Anali
Is it possible to become a tidesage after learning the path of the Light? Or to be more exact, learn how to wield the tides/water to your advantage without completely abandoning the Light (combine both classes of magic)?
Utilizing another form of magic doesn't cause one to lose faith in the Light. Although we rarely see it, Light-users have been known to use the arcane alongside it. The best example of this are the High Elven Mage-Priests utilized during the Third War in Stratholme.

Your example is perfectly lore-compliant. :)
1 Like
09/07/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Cannibal
09/06/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Anali
Utilizing another form of magic doesn't cause one to lose faith in the Light. Although we rarely see it, Light-users have been known to use the arcane alongside it. The best example of this are the High Elven Mage-Priests utilized during the Third War in Stratholme.

Your example is perfectly lore-compliant. :)

Thanks!
Okay here is a question. It involves minor spoilers from BfA you have been warned!

What kind of magic do the Drust use? And by extension the Coven in Drustvar?
09/09/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Dardillien
What kind of magic do the Drust use? And by extension the Coven in Drustvar?
Before the reign of Gorak Tul, the drust practiced traditional druidism akin to the night elves. They respected nature and nature respected them. After Gorak Tul's rise to power, much of their druidic ways have been lost and their magical practices have mostly included death magic, the polar opposite of traditional druidism (life magic).

This especially includes the Heartsbane Coven, a group of twisted humans who've been forever altered by the death magic they practice.
1 Like
#raises hand#

I've been brainstorming a tauren character and a question popped into my head that I can't find an answer for.

Excluding the obvious Highmountain tribe, is there any connection with the horn style/ fur coloring of a tauren and their tribe?
There is...

Grimtotem are often times Black in coloration,

The Taunka are white to bluish, though they do have brown in there. More solid colors over the patterns you find in the character creation screen.

Other than that, I'd imagine not a whole lot of diversity remaining. Most of the smaller Tauren tribes have integrated into the Bloodhoof as a whole and thus have a mix of characteristics from horn design to color and even their fur.
Baine is correct. Aside from most Grimtotems being black, and Highmountain tauren having the moose antlers, there's very few other tribes that have a distinct fur color or horn shape.
1 Like
I didn't think there was any connection, but wanted to confirm before I come up with a concrete background. Thanks !
Hello! I just started creating this character’s backstory and this is what I have so far.

Lumine was born sometime between the Second and Third war to a couple from Lordaeron, along with her twin brother Thomas. For reasons unknown yet(still working on it) Lumine’s mother took her and her brother to Gilneas, just before Greymane put up the wall.

During the events of Cataclysm, Lumine was not afflicted with the worgen curse, but Thomas was. He accidentally murdered their mother in a rage. After the Forsaken’s attack on Gilneas, Lumine was taken to other Alliance cities. She was still a teenager at the time.

Since then, she has been studying, practicing, and learning the ways of the light, and has become a paladin that fights for the Alliance.

Is this a plausible backstory?
09/12/2018 12:30 AMPosted by Luminerva
Completely plausible. Works great.
1 Like
09/12/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Cannibal
09/12/2018 12:30 AMPosted by Luminerva
Completely plausible. Works great.
Thanks!
So Kon here is an avid devotee of Elune...He doesn't see himself as a Druid truly...
Been looking for an IC identity...
In Suramar we see <Moon Guard> as a npc faction...They seem to be Kaldorei Mages or Priests or Druids who utilize the power of Elune and are very devoted to her...Can anyone tell me more about this faction? Or where to learn more, and if it would IC appropos to have Kon be a member?
09/13/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Konstantinós
In Suramar we see <Moon Guard> as a npc faction...They seem to be Kaldorei Mages or Priests or Druids who utilize the power of Elune and are very devoted to her...Can anyone tell me more about this faction? Or where to learn more, and if it would IC appropos to have Kon be a member?
Prior to the War of the Ancients 10,000 years ago, the Moon Guard was founded to be a group of magic-based warriors. They gained the monarchy's official sanction and were fully loyal to Azshara.

However, when the demons arrived, they joined the Kaldorei Resistance against the Burning Legion. They were commanded by Lord Ravencrest, but after his assassination, Lord Stareye took leadership until he too was killed by a doomguard. Lord Ravencrest would take over and finally attain victory over the demons.

When the Well of Eternity imploded, much of their arcane powers were lost and arcane magic itself was condemned by the majority of night elven culture. Tyrande would go on to dissolve them in favor of the newly-founded Sentinels.

The remaining Moon Guard members took up residence on the Broken Isles near Suramar, in the Moon Guard Stronghold. Living in seclusion for the remaining thousands of years, they soon came under attack by the nearby nightborne after the Suramar shield fell just prior to the Legion expansion.

The vast majority were slaughtered, and only three survivors of the Moon Guard remain; Thalrenus Rivertree, Syrana Starweaver and Lothrius Mooncaller, who traveled to Shal'Aran and joined the Nightfallen rebellion.

Following Elisande's defeat, the remaining three sought to revive the Moon Guard once more, but it's unknown at this time whether they have or not.
1 Like
I was wondering has there been any instances of Orcs using the blight against enemies or is it strictly something the forsaken alone does? I am trying to RP a Mag'har from the AU who is vicious yet honorable and was wondering if that is something the AU Orcs would be ok with.
09/17/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Olurunk
I was wondering has there been any instances of Orcs using the blight against enemies or is it strictly something the forsaken alone does? I am trying to RP a Mag'har from the AU who is vicious yet honorable and was wondering if that is something the AU Orcs would be ok with.
The Forsaken and the Scourge are the only ones that've developed the Blight, and although certain non-Forsaken Horde personnel have deployed it in war in the past, no version of the Blight was ever developed on AU Draenor.
2 Likes
09/17/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Cannibal
09/17/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Olurunk
The Forsaken and the Scourge are the only ones that've developed the Blight, and although certain non-Forsaken Horde personnel have deployed it in war in the past, no version of the Blight was ever developed on AU Draenor.

So is the horde ok with using it? I can't seem to find much info about what the ramifications were for slyvanas using it at the Siege of Lordaeron. If MU Orcs would be ok with using it would that apply to some AU Orcs as well?
09/17/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Olurunk
So is the horde ok with using it? I can't seem to find much info about what the ramifications were for slyvanas using it at the Siege of Lordaeron. If MU Orcs would be ok with using it would that apply to some AU Orcs as well?
Oh, if you mean for your AU orc using the Blight today, then yes. I thought you meant your AU orc using the Blight back on Draenor.

Blizzard has done a terrible job of displaying the ramifications of the Blight use at Lordaeron. Logically, the Horde would be infuriated. The MU Frostwolf clan actually refused to aid Sylvanas in fighting back the Alliance because of her use of Blight in Hillsbrad, and the fact that she sacrificed numerous troops of the Horde at Lordaeron should have a much bigger reaction, but it just doesn't.

Not only is the raising and enslaving of undead a violation of the only moral tenet that the Forsaken possess, but she's explicitly betraying, murdering, and defiling her own forces. The very Horde citizens who came to fight for her.

One could argue that animating skeletons isn't the same as raising the dead, which is true, but it's still forsaking their souls. The vast majority of ghosts and spirits we've fought in-game are in their present state because someone disturbed their remains or wronged them in life, and they hold onto such grief for that that they can't pass on and be at peace. The same thing will happen to all the troops she killed and raised.

However, like I said, there's been no indications in-game thus far that show anyone other than Varok taking issue with Sylvanas. It's a major point of contention in the playerbase right now. Blizzard refuses to acknowledge that what Sylvanas has done; the genocide at Teldrassil being the foremost example, is a terrible, awful thing, and that the majority of the Horde are not mindless monsters who just love killing.
1 Like