Loot Scarcity

Clever retort, but now you sound a little bitter about being called out on using imprecise language. Speak more clearly and we can just avoid this type of discourse in the future.

And yes, I do. I won’t have my language overtaken by laziness!

Loot feels fine except not being able to trade it whenever I want. If I get a piece and don’t want it, I should be able to toss it to someone that wants it.

I’ve cleared CN every week on normal + progressed on heroic every week as well and have seen two pieces of loot drop from the raid. Both were not upgrades. One I already had from the vault, the other was my legendary slot. Every week in the vault, I see CN pieces I am literally wearing and end up picking an M+ piece instead.

That’s a lot of CN for no payout from CN. I don’t really think the vault counts as CN giving me loot, even though the pieces are earned through those clears. It’s just not the same thing. It would also be nice if the vault were smart enough to not offer you things you were literally wearing on your person at the time of opening the vault, but I guess that’s asking too much.

5 Likes

I had a total of 2 pieces of loot drop, one of which was a chest that I already had a Legendary slotted for, the other was not an upgrade.

So less than 1 piece even dropping per full clear and I’m not counting the extra 1 kill I have on the first few bosses.

Cleared Nathria Tuesday. One piece of loot dropped that was not an upgrade, so it was traded away. One piece from ten bosses.

I agree that 1 is low…but 1 is pretty much the expected amount with the current loot rate.

So of the other claims of 2 pieces for 3 clears are much less than the expected trend

I don’t think they needed to nerf raid loot as hard as they did what with m+ still existing.

so normal raid drop percentages. Gotcha. I"m glad they got rid of the WoW loot pinatas and went back to gear being meaningful when you do get.

I’m not sure what all this screaming about scarcity is about this week. I am a very casual player and my gear level is 181. This week alone I had 11 or so epics drop/rewarded to me - AND IT IS ONLY FRIDAY! I received 4 as world quests rewards, 4 as loot from killing rares, one from M0, one from M2, and one from the loot vault. Some other person said they received an epic from their daily calling which is pretty cool.

Relax. The loot is here. Now it’s just a matter of how GOOD said loot is and whether it will meet your needs but you know RNG is a whole different discussion.

:smiley:

:slight_smile: hello fellow 181 casual player (I’ve done 0 mythic dungeons or even LFR yet)

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say if they haven’t posted anything stating changes, their silence is an indicator they currently see no issue, or have insufficient data to warrant a change. So don’t be surprised if you don’t hear anything.

Woohoo!

Yay us!

I’d love to run more Mythics 2+ and stuff but my AOE dps is so so sad. It actually embarrasses me. I am pretty sure there were times a leet healer was doing as much AOE DPS as me…

sigh

But I am doing well in Torghast and on the Command Table!

:smiley:

And world quests, they are quick and fun :slight_smile: taking trainees along is awesome too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably, still wanted to at least try and make this post like I said a few times in this thread.

It’s a shame really, already been whispered 13 times today by PvE’rs looking to do Rated Arenas despite hating them hating PvP because they feel like they have nothing.

I can definitely sympathize and that’s why I made this thread, I tried the PvE content and really tried to make myself like it but I just couldn’t get over the crappy reward systems in place.

I won two random battlegrounds tonight IN A ROW!

Could things go any smoother? :smiley:

1 Like

I agree, I’d like a ‘response’ BUT I feel it’ll be the same ol’ response which I believe Ion said that they are fine with people not needing to do some content, and that their model/statistics show that it is working as intended.

Their approach for this expansion has really killed my interest to do anything. Not to mention I can’t even log in now still :angry:

They aren’t going to give us a response about this until they see subscription for at least a 3-6 month period. The only way they change this loot model is if they see a huge decline in subs.

I’d really like to see this model and statistics they’re using. I don’t recall when Ion made that statement but I sincerely doubt enough time was given to derive accurate information in regards to player perception of this new system.

I think most of us have already seen our friends lists shrink by a crap load in the last two weeks or so.

And have the feedback reflect loot issues, as it’s a minor issue for most of the playerbase even if subs drop the loot issue is one of a million and a drop in the bucket.