Loot issue 33 day ticket

Our master looter sent the Envoy of Mortality to a rogue by accident and he instantly equipped it. Loot council all voted for it to go to me. It’s my best weapon/piece of gear right now so I’m obviously upset. The guy who equipped it 100% knew it was a mistake but equipped it anyway, which makes it even worse. Is there anything I can do? I’ve never seen a ticket queue anywhere close to over a month. By then I’m guessing Ulduar comes out soon and I’ll barely even get to use it.

Not really. At best they will remove the loot from the guy who got it but likely not. But they wont redistribute the loot.

2 Likes

If you submitted your ticket through “Loot Issue”, this would have popped up before you hit the “Contact Us” button:

The RL handed it over and the rogue equipped it. Trading to the wrong person you might have gotten help, but once it was equipped, that kind of nixed any chance there.

Ticket times are more like two weeks. The estimate you’re seeing is based on the oldest ticket in the system - not your particular ticket.

5 Likes

around classic launch in 2019 someone ninja looted in a MC run and a GM came in within 30 minutes and gave the loot to the right person and banned the ninja for 2 months

Things change and GMs have to follow the rules the Devs and Powers That Be set into place. You are welcome to leave your ticket open, but it likely was lost to you once it was traded to the other guy. If that didn’t disqualify you for it, them equipping it did.

Hopefully RNG will favor you and it’ll drop again for you.

1 Like

if they cant even redistribute the loot that is so dumb…going to stop playing until I see what happens with this ticket.

Thats not really a ninja move tho, they got given the loot and equipped it.
A ninja would be loot logging or rolling need once everyone else has rolled greed (assuming loot rules were strictly typed in chat). They got traded the loot and used it, if anything its a mistake by the raid leader. Blizz are pretty hands off with that stuff

5 Likes

That is certainly your choice, but threats don’t really get anyone anywhere. Whatever you wish to do, I do wish you well.

5 Likes

He knew I needed the item, but yeah its not a typical ninja situation.

maybe he needed the item too

its not a threat, I’m too upset to keep playing because of this garbage situation. what am I going to do…threaten to stop paying them $15 a month? Not the same thing, i just don’t want to play anymore because support can’t help, and my own guild mate knowingly screwed me.

Just an FYI, the guildmate would need to put in a ticket, but they equipped it, so they wont.

3 Likes

Blizzard has traditionally been hands off on loot disputes, which is what this is. The Master Looter used game mechanics to hand out the loot, loot was received, and loot was equipped. There is no game error, this is a dispute between individuals.

The person you should be unhappy with is your guild mate who equipped it. It was a jerk move, but not against the game rules. Your guild might want to think about their membership.

If the guild mate had not equipped it, and put in a ticket to have the mistake corrected, there is a chance support could have helped. The person holding the loot is the one who had to put in the ticket.

9 Likes

Not really

this is not how I remember support working “traditionally”. The master looter sends the item to the wrong person by accident which was voted on and then that person who got it knows it was a mistake and they equip it right away. How is that a loot dispute? No one in our guild is disputing anything? It was likely just a mistake by the master looter and a jerk move like you said by the rogue. How can blizzard not fix this if it was a mistake and there are logs proving this?

That is the dispute part. They received the item and equipped it within the mechanics of the game. No cheating, no lying, no nothing. No scam took place. This is a disagreement between the rogue and the Master Looter who made the mistake.

They won’t assist you in this. The only one who could have put in a ticket is the rogue who got the item. They did not and they did equip it. Blizzard is not going to step in. Never did.

Actual scams, yes, they do remove loot sometimes, but don’t re-distribute it except in very very rare circumstances. Rare drop mounts come to mind. Of course said scam has to be proven using game logs, etc.

In your case it is not a scam by the rogue. The rogue is a jerk and likely should be guild kicked, but I am 99% sure this is not a situation Blizzard will get involved in.

10 Likes

Its by far the best item for my character but its still not as important as a rare mount drop so they wont help me? Like I said above I’ve witnessed GMs come in raids within 30 mins of a ticket and fix a loot issue for a Azuresong Mageblade which is a %25 drop chance.

I raided even in Vanilla and that did not happen then that I remember… GMs have not been “in game” in MANY years. Their tools don’t require them to be anymore and it makes tickets take a lot longer.

6 Likes

I don’t know how he actually redistributed it, but he took it away from the ninja and gave it to the person who won the roll. The person who stole it also got a 60 day ban.

Just to get back on topic as we’re going off into ‘This and that happened’;

GMs can’t help as they’re not bodyguards and shake down someone because someone else wants it. The gear can be regained as it has the same amount/chance to drop in the next raid try. Regardless of what happened in the ‘olden days’, the current rules/guidelines say they’re not able to move loot someone already put on.

3 Likes