Loot is still a problem

They over did it with the loot nerfed. The mythic crowd were mad that too much loot dropped yet they run split runs all day to circumvent it.

3 Likes

February 16th Update:

• Castle Nathria

• Bosses now drop 33% more loot than before, in all difficulties.

• Weapons tokens now drop more often than before, in all difficulties.

• Completing a Mythic Keystone dungeon after the timer has ended will now reward a second item. The item level of the second item will be slightly lower

Seems like raid loot increases to me.

1 Like

tell me about it. at least people can run that same dungeon over and over and over again. not fun or healthy but hey not like before where you could only run that dungeon once per day.

i remember in mop i played like a savage and i went from release of mop up until mid throne of thunder patch before i got rid of a blue bow. so yea. rng.

Which was nothing more than a reversal of a prior decrease they claimed was a bug, (changes 12/11/2020) but you like to cherry-pick, don’t you?

Dungeons and Raids

• Castle Nathria
  • [With regional restarts] Fixed a bug that caused additional loot to unintentionally drop from bosses on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
1 Like

It isn’t cherry picking. The 12/11 patch addressed a BUG. The 2/16 patch increased drop rates by 33%.

Loot Amounts in Castle Nathria - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Bug was dropping 5 per 20 people, reduced to 3 per 20.

Raid Loot Droprates Tuning – 17 February - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Buff was from 3 for 20 to 4 for 20.

3 Likes

Do your mental gymnastics all you want. Fact is that they nerfed loot drops on 12/11, reverted that later, and you’re calling the reversion of a nerf a “buff to loot.”

Let me guess: if they decide tomorrow “let’s reverse the 20% nerf to Rain of Fire damage to locks” you’re going to claim “THEY BUFFED LOCKS!” rather than noting that it was just undoing a nerf.

Troll somewhere else.

edit: turns out it’s not even a reversal of the nerf as I thought. They originally nerfed loot by 40%, then gave PART of that back, not even the full question. (Used to be 25% pre-nerf, the reversal brought it up to 20%.)

Who is doing the mental gymnastics.

1 Like

Who is doing the mental gymnastics.

You.

20% post “buff”

25% pre-nerf.

And you’re calling it 40-60% like a troll.

February 16th Update:

• Castle Nathria
  • Bosses now drop 33% more loot than before, in all difficulties.
  • Weapons tokens now drop more often than before, in all difficulties.

After the February buff, loot drops matched BFA. I don’t understand how you can call that a nerf. the 5 drops was a BUG, therefore was not a buff.

“ermagawd someone disagrees with me, must be trolling”

M+ loot is 40% chance per run.
Raid is 20% per boss.

1 Like

Ok, let’s say it “matched BFA.”

All you’re saying is that raid drops in BFA were too low as well, then. :slight_smile:

OP is rightfully complaining about loot drops being 20%. You’re countering “but they’re 40% in this particular content that isn’t what you were talking about.”

At best you’re moving the goalposts. At worst, you are in fact actually trolling. Either way, this conversation is over, because I’m not wasting any more of my time on you.

No, that isn’t what I said at all. I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

20% per boss.
40% per entire M+ run.

What goalpost. All I am listing are statistics.

Usually what happens when you know you have been arguing about something and find out you were wrong.

1 Like

Usually what happens when you know you have been arguing about something and find out you were wrong.

Fine, you dragged me back for one last comment.

No, that isn’t what I said at all. I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Continuing with the trolling and insults to start, I see. You do realize that trolling and harassment are against ToS, right?

20% per boss .
40% per entire M+ run .

Clearly you’ve never raided, and it shows. Here’s the deal, and we’ll start with normals:
Normal Raids take about 2 hours to clear (presuming mechanics are known, we’ll completely ignore progression for this), and give loot that’s about on par with low level keys (+8/+9). Those runs do not take 1 hour to clear, but usually about 15-20 minutes. So, in M+, it’s 2 pieces per 5 people per 17.5 minutes, or approximately 14 pieces across the time it takes to clear a normal raid, or 2.8 pieces per person doing M+ in the time it takes to clear a raid. Meanwhile that raid has a 20% loot chance and typically 10 bosses, or an average of 2.0 pieces per person, ASSUMING THE RAID IS ON FARM. Then there’s GV to consider (that raid will give each person a guaranteed 278 (285 if lucky) drop, whereas M+ will give each person a guaranteed 288 piece for less effort). So, M+ is less effort, drops less loot, and you’re using it as a comparison to OP talking about loot being a problem in raids, when it legitimately IS (unless you’re claiming they need to drop less loot for M+ instead). (This is also assuming that at +8/+9 the drop rate is 40% and not 60%, in which case you’re getting an average of 4.2 pieces for the same amount of time that raiders are getting 2.0.)

NOW, I’m done with you. Have fun trolling someone else.

edit: and he continues trying to troll. Thank Blizz for the “ignore” feature. He can scream at the wind now.

Runs do not take 15 minutes unless you are over geared and farming +2s for valor. Tell me you are out of touch with reality without telling me. Your entire paragraph is nullified by this one fact.

1 Like

Damn, grats. Still nada on my shaman and I’ve been pumping streets and docks like a champ lol. Same on my DK, even set loot to frost and unholy for specific dungeons to target every weapon type… also nada.

Only decent thing so far was a super lucky 298 wep token from last weeks weekly on my monk… anyone else feel like their alts are way luckier than their mains? Lmao

Personal loot was/is the norm in dungeons since Legion so yeah, it kinda makes sense that a ring that every spec in the game can use drops more than items that can’t.

1 Like

Or they can make more deterministic ways of gearing along with bringing in gear vendors for raid and m+ as well.

this is like the easiest the game has ever been for gearing though, u see how fast people are in dungeon bis rn??

I agree it’s pretty grindy.

But compared to vanilla… where I would get a piece or two after weeks or months of raiding…

Good point for that example. But you can see that odds are set individually with things like trash drops. They can set the odds. There is no rule are technical limitation that requires them to make everything drop with an equal chance, which was my point.