Loot is broken. No excuses

They aren’t going to nor should they.

Feelings are subjective and therefore facts overwrote your feelings that it feels better. PL was an abysmal system and I’m glad it’s gone.

1 Like

I mean fine, let’s abandon UX altogether :joy:. What a braindead take.

What were the issues with PL that the current loot system solves?

1. Inability to trade items depending on item level.

2. Inflated amounts of rings, necks, and cloaks for consistent groups.

3. Group composition influenced drops.

To make sure it’s clear, I am not nearly as opposed to personal loot as an option for raids as others like Snozex. There are times when personal loot makes the most sense for some groups. It’s just for most consistent groups that were not trying to control what dropped, personal loot was worse for gearing up over time than group loot is.

A brain dead take is anyone that supports PL.

-GL has protections that PL does not.

• GL fixed exploiting drops for the majority of raiders.

-GL fixed loot for classes like feral Druid/hunter/rogue/enhance shaman

-GL allows guilds an easier way to distribute loot.

-GL doesn’t allow multiples of the same offset item to drop like rings /cloaks

-GL allows trading of items even if the system sees it as an “upgrade”

1 Like

How though? You didn’t explain that you just said it.

2nd verse, same as the first. You’ve done nothing to actually showcase that.

Incorrect.

You haven’t done anything other than LFR this whole expansion and you’re an SMF fury warrior, you don’t even deserve loot.

1 Like

Same, it feels borderline oppressive to come out of raids with 1 piece of loot with personal loot but none with group loot

1 Like

I’m sorry. I assumed I wouldn’t need to hold your hand.

GL has protections built in where if you have the same item that drops you can’t roll on it unless it has a higher ilvl or tertiary stats.

Again I assumed you would apply common sense.

Let’s take amirdrasil.

Raid team has 1 rogue 2 warlocks 2 mages and 2 spriests.

The rogue has a 1 person chance of getting
an agility dagger to drop because it’s only on their loot table.

Yet the 6 casters have a much higher chance of getting the weapon sooner due to drops and the casters having a bigger pool of loot to trade around.

It’s not incorrect. You probably don’t raid in a guild but I can assure you we had more rings and necks drop that weren’t used than any item we have had that couldn’t be used.

My guild also isn’t led by bad leaders and they build groups around every class.

You had zero guarantee of loot with PL.

So you have a higher chance of zero loot with Pl

1 Like

Wrong, I walked away with loot pretty much every time I did a full raid. That is on memory. These past two weeks, on multiple characters clearing LFR/Normal/Heroic, I haven’t won anything.

Not wrong

At best, even if that were true, would be anecdotal. It also isn’t evidence of anything but luck. Personal loot had zero bad luck, protection or guarantee of winning an item

Welcome to an MMORPG where there is competition on loot.

1 Like

You just highlighted actual problems with the system. Mainly, agility dagger is one of the worst items because it drops with nobody in the raid. Group loot also does absolutely nothing for rings, cloaks, and necklace drops. You can make up whatever points you want, it doesn’t make them true.

The issue I highlighted was a much worse issue than what you’re describing.

Your issue doesn’t happen if you build a raid group properly.

Versus it not dropping for those classes at all.

Yes it does because you aren’t having 4 rings drop off the same boss which happened a lot in PL

I’m not making anything up. I’m literally
Listing the main reasons Blizz removed PL.

You may not like it but that’s reality

play better and you’ll get more loot from loot council :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Generally you feed the better dps to make the next set of bosses easier.

1 Like

Personal loot is no different in this respect. It solves nothing and creates a more toxic environment.

Personal loot never guaranteed loot. I went for weeks without loot in PL just as I can with GL.

posts like this are literal gold.

people cry about loot council.

when its made to gear mythic teams.

obv 2 tanks 4 healers and 14 dps are gona get all of hte loot first.

if youre not performing it will not be good for ya.

its almost like the guild is trying to pool resources to gear up their best chances at clearing content or something

ITS CRAZY.

3 Likes

My guild has four warlocks this tier. I told the council to prioritize our Destro lock first because he would gain more from the set bonus (as Destro changed set bonuses) and demo/Aff did not

1 Like

if you hate loot council you probably cant compete with the players in your guild.

get good rule applies

1 Like