Loot is broken. No excuses

Did Aberrus. All of it. Every boss, no loot. Why? Because I rolled, on just one boss, a 98, a 99, a 97, and 93x2.

One guy won three of those. ONE PERSON WON THREE OF THOSE, meaning they rolled a 100 three times on three seperate items from one singular boss, and then went on to another boss and won two more pieces.

No. You can no longer try and pretend loot isn’t busted. Two weeks in a row now.

Last season, my druid got ONE natural piece of loot from raid, everything else was m+ or vault loot. No, unacceptable. Why even have us roll when you clearly already picked who was going to get the loot in advance? This has happened every week, across 11 characters, for nearly 5 weeks now.
And it’s not just happening to me and only me, it happens in virtually every wing. I can see other people, usually about 4-6 people who all roll the exact same high number, like 93, then suddenly only one person gets 94. Not 97, not 92, exactly one number high enough to win.

Seen it happen with low rolls too. Winner got a 37 and everybody else was 36, 32 and then single digits…

The loot is busted, pure and simple.

Or, people have finally figured out how to game the system because of the newer loot rules in recent years.

To add a bit, I even noticed the disparity when looking at meters. it goes beyond just player skill, some of these people are overgeared and overperforming and still getting lfr loot, meanwhile half the rest of the people in the raid are still wearing gear from last season despite their best efforts to get gear, because these bad rngs are getting increasingly worse.
When you can get characters going multiple seasons, while doing m+ and lfr every week, and can’t get gear because of crap like this. It happens on every one of my characters. I have a couple of characters who were running M+15 and up on a daily basis and still only got a couple of natural loot drops a week and had to depend entirely on the weekly vault for gear upgrades.
Sometimes it’s been ME that won all the loot and it makes me feel bad. I even trade people becaue it’s just not right that I get 4 pieces of loot from a boss and the other 10 leather people don’t even get one? unacceptable.

37 Likes

There’s a clear solution to ensure loot from raid, and that’s join a guild and run at least normal. When you run with 30 different people all the time the odds you get loot are always going to be super low.

That said, raid drops should probably be doubled. Loot related to power hasn’t been special for an extremely long time now. They need to quit treating it like it is.

32 Likes

I used to raid lead. from ICC to Mythic Nighthold.

No thanks. I don’t need a second job. again, lol. I am solo and loving it. But I can’t imagine this would get new players to stick around. I wouldn’t want to join into a game where I get no loot for weeks on end…
And I agree, the loot could be increased in terms of how much drops. No need to have 5 pieces of loot in a 25 person lfr lol. its just lfr.

6 Likes

It’s not a second job to just show up and raid, especially in normal.

I suggested you join a guild, not run one.

22 Likes

“Reee I didn’t get any loot!?”

“Join a guild?”

“lol no”

What a thread.

30 Likes

then you run into the guild loot hierarchy where i get loot last.
Same problem, i just don’t have to show up at THEIR time, i can just queue.

Fix the loot problem. Offering me solutions that aren’t actually a real solution until years down the road?

6 Likes

Sorry, join a not toxic guild. Or just go again next week, RNG wasn’t favorable to you this time.

11 Likes

it has nothing to do with toxicity. Why paint that picture?
It is just how loot is handed out. There is always a pecking order, no matter the guild.

And, just like above…it doesn’t solve the problem, it just helps me MAYBE have a better chance at getting loot. The real answer should be to go to M+, but as I said…even there the loot trends towards being kinda bad. Got people going weeks without getting things, and your solution is to join a guild?

Sounds like the problem is a busted loot system.

Think big picture.

My guild pecking order was don’t need 5set if people were still below 4set. Though, considering you get drops in 40% of mythic plus runs I don’t see going for weeks without drops. You have not finished the 8 launch dungeons on mythic though, maybe work up that way so you can run some keys.

2 Likes

His responses read like “I know you guys are offering perfectly good fixes to my “problem” but you don’t understand, I just want the gear handed to me and ONLY me”

14 Likes

so every one of your characters never get loot, or you win all the loot? which one is it bud.

6 Likes

I never pretended, because I don’t have to fake the truth.

Random number generators do be generating numbers randomly.

“When I win loot it’s legitimate, but when other people win it’s cheating!”

The self-entitlement people like you have is pure insanity.

13 Likes

Man, I was hoping you would post this haha so I didn’t have to try search and quote it.

I was about to search you typing this exact thing, then I was like - Oh, how do I spell that player name? :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, any time RNG is involved I just type that like “duh, we know how the system works so you don’t have to explain it to us”.

5 Likes

You losing rolls doesn’t equate to the system being broken.

5 Likes

Sounds like the problem here is you and you alone. There are small guild groups out there that run with 10-15 people and you will 100% get loot. If you choose not to and just continue to complain as you have been then just do outdoor content for gear. Unless you are doing anything high end, which it appears you are not, then you have no need for it. The outdoor gear is more than acceptable for the content you are doing.

1 Like

It is such a great line, I may steal it for myself.

Also, I think Blizzard should pin a ‘complain about loot rolls’ megathread somewhere, there are like 5 of these going and they are slowly turning me away from favoring personal loot with their arguments for personal loot.

1 Like

Go ahead and use it. :smiley:

Lost a Roll (Megathread)

4 Likes

It sounds like you just want to be upset instead of an actual solution then. Your best option is to join a guild or static, but you don’t want to do that. If you’re going to insist on joining pickups you’re going to have to deal with the occasional loot drought.

4 Likes

No one is pretending. Rolls are rolls are rolls.

I don’t know what this means or where the term came from.

They’re there for the fight. Why wouldn’t they get loot?

Well at least we went from tin foil back down to reality.

RNG gonna RNG.

Not all guilds run that way.

Nope.

4 Likes