Loot council is always one item away from drama

Badly managed LC is bad. Well managed LC is excellent. Find good quality leaders.

3 Likes

A majority of guilds with any history, LC or otherwise, are not failing and those that are are generally not failing due to loot issues.

The thing about it is, failed LC guilds are not around to talk about it, so we probably do not see or hear about a large majority of them because they pop-up, fail and disappear so fast very little people notice.

This can be said about every single loot system failure

I don’t disagree but I really dislike the side game of point spending strategy thats built into it. And it can lead to alot of good loot being sharded but its hard to argue its not the most fair way, for guild runs anyway.

Yeah 100%. As a raider you should be able to tell in 1 raid if the officers have any idea how to run an LC and when the answer is no just leave. Even the way the guild talks about loot ect should be a good indicator, we constantly have ppl saying its just a side grade or its not bis ill pass ect and the loot almost does itself when you have a real team not 25 individuals.

1 Like

The mini game of bidding strategy I always find fun. Part of the reason I always enjoyed classic raiding and Everquest raiding. So many people you can’t really council. DKP always felt like the best way to deal with 40-72 people who churned often week to week.

Loot councils require a lot of effort to make them work and can be abused, however not all Loot councils are corrupt.

I’ve passed on every upgrade in 25 man Naxx and Maly on my lock, made due with my pre raid bis and still stay at the top of the meters. When the Illustration dropped I put it down for my bis and it went to me the highest dps caster which it rightfully belonged to.

Nobody cried because they knew it was fair.

1 Like

Assuming you have an automated DKP system that cannot have points added by officers this is the easiest way to do loot. No one can be upset because points are awarded for attendance and you get to prio whatever you want to use your points on.

Yea idk I have yet to ever really see loot drama.

People are far too worried about loot.

1 Like

You can always tell the people who have not stayed in a guild for a long period by the way they worry about loot lol. Everyone always ends up bis by the end of the phase and the drama is for nothing and now they need to get to the back of the line somewhere else.

3 Likes

Yeah for sure, I’m always open to advocate for LC when people claim they dislike it. Generally that is coming from a place of ignorance or having experienced poorly managed LC.

Exactly.

We haven’t had a turning tide drop but If and when it does I expect Blyth to get it, he’s our top performing caster, I’m 2nd highest performing caster.

I have no issues with him getting it first.

1 Like

Yeah. In Everquest at least, the officer in charge just takes “dumps” of the raid data at the start and end and every hour. I think it was exactly the same in our classic guild too, but I wasn’t an officer in there.

Usually there are bonuses for first time kills too.

My solution is to not join loot council guilds.

I saw some loot drama in the first guild I joined in classic when a boomkin got the first staff of dominance but otherwise I think most classic players are adults and realise loot is just pixels lol.

1 Like

Quitting a guild isn’t about getting mad. It’s about realizing that guild sucks.

That’s not anger, that’s just looking for sensible fair minded people to play with.

It’s just pixels, but it seems to me if the system is rigged against you, you could spend 5 times longer repeating a particular raid when you’d rather not raid or when you’d rather move on to the next raid.

If you aren’t getting loot maybe it’s because of your performance?

Exactly, why waste your time with dishonest immature nerds when you can play with other people who are not that way.

Most people in LC guilds fall into the 1st category and are only in LC guild so they can try and parse and prove they deserve loot over others who have been there longer or probably deserve the loot more.

You get the most immature parse head toxic people in LC guilds. Parsing doesn’t keep a guild functional. Dedicated people who are happy make guilds work.