Loot Amounts in Castle Nathria

Loot SHOULDN’T be equal across all end game content. Irrelevant of difficulty, the sheer amount of coordination raiding takes warrants it should drop more loot. I’m not trying to dwarf rated PvP or Mythic+, but rounding 20+ people and then reducing the chance for reward is only going to severely reduce the incentive for people to raid…

9 Likes

I did notice in our runs that we were getting a lot of loot.

I think going forward it would be nice that we had higher loot during the first week of normal/heroic in raids to help gear up for Mythic, especially if the plan is to tune raids more difficult like CN seems to be.

I honestly don’t understand why a week’s lockout has to be nerfed in favour of “Here ya go unlimited gear treadmill winners get loot, losers get loot, everyone gets loot! And the best part? No lockouts!”

6 Likes

i expect this to be a popular thread

2 Likes

Ahahaha, people have already been pissed off at the lack of loot. What’s your response? Nerf it some more. I came back after a decade for this crap?

26 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9odzlxOpP0

1 Like

Sounds like a system to just slow down gearing and nothing else? I don’t like that. Keep things as is.

And fix M+ loot while at it to drop 3 items when key is timed, 2 items is too few.

10 Likes

This logic doesn’t make sense - M+ has no lockout, you can run it over and over and over. Raids are one time a week.

5 Likes

I disagree, I have no problem with a game that appeals to 1-3 players, 5 players, 20 players, or 40 players. If a segment of the population only wants to PvP and Arena 3’s is their “end game”, imo they pay their subs and should have that.

Ditto for people who only want Torghast or M+ or something. Co-ordination never in my mind justifies the best gear. There are mounts, titles, achievements and other means of distinguishing the y’know- achievement of raiding. Over the past few years I’ve come to enjoy playing M+ with my friends far more than I enjoy raiding, and I am GM/RL of an AoTC/Mythic guild that still actively raids. But if I wasn’t I’d have said f’ raiding awhile ago. Not worth the headaches.

3 Likes

To be fair, 2 items is still manageable with a unlimited lockout

Raids, you’re screwed

3 Likes

fun detected…

The look drops feel fine. Changing it now gives an overall loot advantage to those who have cleared more in the first week.

4 Likes

Maybe the issue isn’t the amount of loot Castle Nathria was dropping but how much other content should drop. This is incredibly frustrating. If I wanted to play classic I’d play classic. Please don’t do this, the way loot is now is already super frustrating for me.

19 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2bE-OBtwk

3 Likes

Naw its not justified settle down there.
Nothing screams exciting from m+ like doing a +10 and getting YOUR 35 ANIMA or getting off spec conduits for a spec you’ll never play. They need to fix m+ looting and rewards to make it feel like it’s worth doing outside of the weekly not neuter raiding

5 Likes

Oh you mean the unlimited gearing through Mythic+ is going to be added to raids so we eliminate lockouts?

Yaay unlimited gearing opportunities coming in raids :slight_smile:

12 Likes

You hear that fellas No loot for you guys . Shame on you all .How dare you get the bounty for your efforts

TAKE YOUR 35 ANIMA AND BE HAPPY :rage:

20 Likes

This whole loot reduction plan is a fine enough idea, it just went too far, especially in mythic plus.

5 Likes

These low drop rates worked back in the days of DKP, at least you know your efforts and attendance will be rewarded.

But with the RNG dice of today, you could go a long time before something drops for you. And not being able to trade side-grades to Guildies makes it even worse. Feels bad.

Sounds like the Vault will be the main source on gear, which takes away the excitement of Raiding and running M+?

12 Likes

Yeah, 35 anima per raid boss is an absolute slap-in-the-face amount.

12 Likes

Thanks for making sure that the amount of rewards doesn’t get high enough to actually feel rewarding!

21 Likes