Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1 (Part 1)

This is a very strange change, it certainly makes me want to get the mount which I suppose is the intention but I have 0 intention of buying tokens for it.

Scummy business practice if you ask me, makes casual players feel like they need something they don’t due to exclusivitey when the damn mount is already exclusive at a 5m price point.

22 Likes

Removing content from the game is the worst thing you guys have ever done, not only it’s unfair to everyone that’s been playing the game, but also to the new players who were probably too young to play wow before and now they want to give it a try now, but they’ll soon realize that they will never achieve 100% in this game, because everything’s that’s been removed counts because of prestige and that is demoralizing.

I understand that Blizzard doesn’t want everyone to own this mount, but just increasing the gold cost would have been better. Also, this is a really bad decision because you’ll sell more tokens knowing that the mount is there, rather than removing it and making everyone buy tokens in a rush.

Bragging rights is hurting this game.

40 Likes

Guess the bean counters crunched the numbers and pre-sales of Shadowlands are coming short so once again theyre hoping to make up the difference by selling tokens

19 Likes

Well it shouldn’t be a practice that blizzard either indirectly supports, or makes the only way to physically get things. :confused:

Ah yes, manipulating players with FOMO to pressure people that might not otherwise want the Brutosaur to buy tokens to get it, just like the pointless removal of store mounts. Stay classy Blizzard.

42 Likes

I don’t think it is good people playing classic are affecting whether or not people can afford to play retail either but it is what it is.

It’s hard to come up with a different reason considering they’re announcing this change over halfway through the expansion.

They really need to fix their communication problem. This should have been announced over a year ago.

11 Likes

Please don’t start a retail vs classic in this thread :weary: In trade chat: Retail vs Classic, On MMO-Champ: Retail vs Classic, everywhere I go it’s retail vs classic. Jumping jolly green giant give it a rest.

3 Likes

Good thing I didn’t start it.

4 Likes

They think they can make more $ by making it artificially scarce. They’re hoping people will buy tokens because their “collector senses” are going crazy at the notion they may not ever be able to acquire the item again if they don’t get it NOW.

Similar to the “See you later bundle” they brought out around christmas time last year… it’s a pretty disgusting marketing tactic.

15 Likes

Not to be a broken record, but why? No other gold sink mount like the mammoth and the yak have ever been removed, and their premise is the same thing. They’re multi-person mounts with vendors which also provide a service. Why suddenly make the most expensive one time limited at the last patch of an expansion with zero forewarning in other patches?

It’d be one thing if we were told this at the beginning of the expansion, but to suddenly expect people to farm 5 million gold at the final patch is a bit ridiculous.

37 Likes

We get it.
You’re either lying, or literally all you do is craft/farm in this game - and frankly, if that’s all you do, perhaps you should realize other people do other content.

And if you actually knew anything about how economies work, you’d understand ripping a sink out this valuable is a horrible idea. Your want for prestige because you own something nobody else has, when making gold is just sitting there having an add-on do 90% of the work for you.

And trust me,
I used to run certain markets on my server. I got my spider /without/ having garrison alts. It’s literally running TSM. Totally comparable to actually doing content. (PS: Selling carries? Should not be the mantra for how gold sinks are applied for content that will be removed.)

This is one of the dumbest removals Blizzard has ever done, and I seriously hope they go back on this.

28 Likes

It’s funny because I just got off a buying spree of rare games for my collection, so this might work on me if it was something PHYSICAL THAT HAD A REASON TO BE SCARCE.

2 Likes

If this was going to be a limited time mount, it should have been announced when BfA launched giving people a chance to farm up the gold gradually while knowing the time limit. I assumed I’d be able to come back next expansion so I’m only about 1/2 way there. This reeks of a blatant attempt at getting people to drop a couple of hundred dollars on tokens to make up the difference.

27 Likes

Freaking wow players

Datamining also shows there is no longer an AH npc on the mount. They are taking away the AH capability of it.

1 Like

I’m sorry, is a conversation hard for you to follow when you jump in in the middle of it?

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’ll keep an eye on it on the black market. I have a feeling it’s going to go for way less than 5 million.

nothing can top the brutosaur

ever

there is no perk from a mount that can eclipse having an auction house at your fingertips any time you want it.

3 Likes