Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1 (Part 1)

Hello blizzard,

I just wanted to reach out to you again to say that I do not agree or support your decision to move the brutosaur mount to the BMAH.

Thank you,
Fezzy

5 Likes

Pretty early on into SL you’d actually probably see some people get it for a ‘bargain’ (I’m assuming it’s getting added to the possible item list as soon as SL hits or prepatch happens?). Say some realm has it on the BMAH a week after the launch, why would a player with the means to pay gold cap for it simply not have bought it for 5mil at any point during BfA?

1 Like

How do you figure that? Surely anyone who is capable of making that kind of gold will have already bought one.

3 Likes

How do you know the zulian mounts don’t award a feat of strength?

This is me, see I got them in 2016 and they gave the FOS? I certainly can’t have farmed them from zg that late!

'https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/quelthalas/esploratore/achievements/feats-of-strength/mounts

1 Like

Agree completely and also with the shaman: it sounds very illogical to pay that much when it was cheaper earlier.

1 Like

Things go up in value if they are a desired item that has ended production.

How many people are going to be missing the deadline but are actively working on it? How many of those will continue to work on it in the interim while we wait for it to pop up? How many people are going to be coming back to the game having missed that this is limited?

It’s a utility mount, aside from being a prestige item. You are kidding yourself if you think you’ll be getting it for a bargain.

3 Likes

You’re really not considering other factors that can influence its price at different periods of time. It is quite unlikely it will be bought for gold cap, or even above 5mil, right after SL launches. Again, can you answer why it will apparently be bought for gold cap if it for instance pops up on a realm one singular day after launch? Why would this person not have just saved themselves 5mil by buying it during BfA?

Do you personally watch the BMAH often, or buy from it at all? You’d be surprised at the lower than expected prices some things get purchased for.

2 Likes

It is quite unlikely we’ll see it for some time after SL launches.

Possibly, I did state in my first comment I was assuming it would be added in ASAP. The Blue really gives no answer either way.

It could be added in, but it’s still pretty rare for certain mounts to come up for purchase.

Things squeak by, sure. That’s the exception, not the rule.

Blues rarely read these forums.

If you want a response, post in Support or CS.

Hello Oshuni,

I am aware as to how often the blues speak here on these forums or take notice. I assure you I write a suggestion to them every other week on this matter, and have reached out in a few other ways as well.

Thank you for your time,
Fezzy

(sorry for the letter form I’m just being kooky.)

2 Likes

i’m quite convinced that they never used to…

so unless you got the feats via connecting accounts, they’ve changed the way it works.

if i could be bothered digging for the info, i’m pretty sure they removed the feat along with the drop.
…because you used to be able to check peoples achievements to see whether they obtained it via drop or purchase, without having to check the date.

i mean… i don’t actually care, i won’t lose any sleep over it, but it does seem silly to award a feat for something accomplished in game, and then remove it from the game, so people buy it with gold or cash.

1 Like

No, no, I swear I didn’t get it from connecting accounts.

I’ve been checking BMAH on 8 realms in wod and managed after around 3-4 lost tigers and raptor to get the tiger for 953.000 (the cap) during wod and the raptor I was unlucky, so I ended up getting it for 1.269.000 the 3rd day of legion, when the cap was increased.

The fun thing is the FOS of the tiger says, get this from high priest thekal, but I haven’t seen that high priest at all, I’d have liked to, but I started wow too late to see it.

And if you really doubt that I got it from BMAH I obviously have screens both of me winning the item and learning and getting the FOS, won’t post unless needed though.

And I agree, it’s definitely an odd decision from blizzard to remove stuff and then let you still get the FOS when they bring it back from bmah.

As for the brutosaur, while I would like the FOS, I would really really hate to pay 5 mil for it now and then at SL launch see a brutosaur ending for 2,5 mil, I like the FOS but I don’t value them several mill, so even if it doesn’t give the FOS any more in SL but the starting bid is reasonable and not all realms are brought to a full population level (really full, like area 52 us) I’m pretty confident on being able to save on it.

1 Like

What’s really odd is this entire thread is based on a datamine of the FoS for the brutosaur and the assumption that it (the FoS and thus the MCB) would be removed in Shadowlands.

Blizz really has a weird way of making things “rare” and “exclusive.”

1 Like

ouch

Reading and posting to every single complaint thread are two totally different things. If players weren’t at the ready with torches and pitchforks every time a blue posted then they’d probably be willing to reply more.

We had to drag this out of Blizzard. They wouldn’t have said anything on their own until the Time Runs Short article that they posted about a month ago.

1 Like

They don’t have to tell you anything, they don’t answer to us. lol