Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1 (Part 1)

You are wrong again. May as well give up already.

1 Like

This is peak FOMO manipulation. Out of touch and rotten to the core.

10 Likes

I don’t mind replying to share my opinion in this sea of opinions and baseless whining.

Ok mr random internet poster I guess your baseless whining trumps my anecdotal experience backed up by achievements.

Hi I’ve gotten Cutting Edge. This change is stupid.

5 Likes

Cutting edge but no brutosaur? so no experience doing both playstyles so no reason to listen to you over all the other non brutosaur whining?

I mean you listed off Cutting Edge like it was relevant to the overall discussion. Which at the end of the day it means nothing when discussing a mount that’s going away that Blizz decided to tell everyone over a year later that it’s going away.

2 Likes

The poster i was talking to has been attacking the legitimacy of playing the ah vs other aspects of the game and I’ve used my personal experience to say “playing the ah is just as hard as cutting edge raiding” with achievements to back up my stance.

Alot of people in here are trying to disparage ah goblins saying things like farming/botting 24/7 just like the peanut gallery likes to make out cutting edge raiders live in their moms basement and play 14 hours a day.

Yeah but all of that is irrelevant because the issue is them withholding information that the mount was going to be exclusive. If they wanted to have an exclusive mount that caters to people who make gold then they should have announced during the first patch that it was going away at the end of the expansion.

3 Likes

It is rather irrelevant but it hasnt stopped many from using it as their main attack against this decision.

Ive said that I’d support keeping it in if they did the same for old gladiator mounts and mage tower etc. I’m against taking anything out but if they’re going to keep the aotc and pvp season mounts exclusive then I’ll accept the neckyboi being exclusive too.

The amount of gold you can earn in game has gone way down since Legion. There is no table missions that throw like 5k gold a day at you every day. Yet the cost of gold mounts has gone up.

Why take this 5m mount out when the other expensive mounts are still in the game, the mamoth, yak, spider ect.

They want people to buy tokens or miss getting this mount. It why they Diseny Vaulted other shop mounts. Yet this is a ridiculous gold sink mount that costs $560 in tokens.

11 Likes

Me too. What I don’t accept is the decision being made a year within the expansion without any kind of notice.

3 Likes

Scumbags.

You know the amount of playtime blizzard expects from us is charted weekly on the AP neck requirements, Emissary Quests?

Stop controlling our actions, We’re not damn guinea pigs to be maximized through tokens/playstore.

4 Likes

Blizz has said they regret gold inflation from wod and legion and addressed that by nerfing mission table gold and sticking in this 5 million gold mount. They also expanded the bmah catalogue to entice more spending.

My speculation is they are finally officially recognising the gold making community and encouraging that playstyle alongside the other aspects of the game. We won’t know until blizzard officially announces something.

It is a bit of a clunky change which is pretty on brand for blizzard. However there is still a year or so to grind out the 5 million.

WoD was the testing ground for the token system. Blizzard probably had two goals in mind, first was to stop the gold sellers, and second, to find out if tokens could be a viable micro-transaction revenue system. This came to fruition when people started buying tokens to buy their AOTC.

1 Like

They’ve also said that the super-expensive mounts aren’t very effective gold sinks:

Just to be clear, I agree that the Mad Merchant isn’t going to serve as a very effective gold sink. But that’s because he isn’t intended to be one in any meaningful sense. Gold sinks, in an MMO economic sense, are primarily things like repair costs, the Auction House tariff, and a range of useful expensive items that still fall within the price range of many guild banks and gold-rich players. In this case, a handful of very wealthy players may dump a large portion of their gold reserves into this one vendor, but that’s ultimately a blip in the grand scheme of the WoW economy.

If we wanted to drain as much gold as possible out of the economy using these items, we’d be pricing them differently. If the Blackfang Widow cost 200k, I’d wager that far more than 10x as many would be sold. Inflation is a concern, but that’s a battle that will be waged on many other fronts. This is just a crazy merchant. The point of the items is to be ludicrously expensive, just as the point of something like the Time-Lost Proto Drake is to be ludicrously rare (if you think about it, a multi-day respawn that shares a spawn point with a more common variant and has a zone-wide patrol is pretty insane…). Some of the vendor’s details may be tweaked, and there’s been very good feedback in the thread on the relative attractiveness of the different items, but the 2mil price tag for the mount is not likely to change.

3 Likes

Ok mr random internet poster your baseless whining trumps my extensive experience backed up by achievements.

Also, I never whined you did. I only said this was a bad move on Blizzard’s part and I stand by that.

Also, mr random internet poster I have made 8.5 million since 8.2.5 came out and already have the Brutosaur. Your experience in game means absolutely nothing to me and the fact that you think your posts have more value is just ridiculous!

3 Likes

Bizarre after all the mistakes, and how bad BFA was/is, that there are still so many Blizzard stans in the room.

5 Likes

https ://imgur.com/gallery/lBobfqB

For future reference you can use ` before and after a link to post it as code so it’s easier to copy and paste it:

https://imgur.com/gallery/lBobfqB