Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1 (Part 1)

Have you considered they may not have known then that they were going to remove it. This may have just been a recent decision. They may have been working on Shadowlands and come across something or had an idea about something which triggered this and actually it is being communicated very shortly after the decision was made.

I guess if they had told you you would have spent time making gold instead of playing classic right ?

1 Like

My decision to play Classic is irrelevant to the discussion. And yes I’ve considered that. It doesn’t change my mentality though. If you want content that will become exclusive you need to make sure you give everyone as much time as possible to jump on it before it goes away.

People could have spent a good portion of their time working on getting this mount all the way back during Uldir. Now they have 1 year to try and figure out how to grind 5 mil

5 Likes

You have a year. The intent of these items has always been for people who are working at making gold over the long term. If you were never in that category of people then maybe you shouldn’t be complaining.

1 Like

This category of player could have increased had they told everyone about the mount going away. But now? No chance.

4 Likes

Interesting. You say long term, yet it is being removed. Those contradict. If it is for players making gold long term, like all gold sinks, it shouldn’t be removed from the vendor, since no other gold sinks have been.

7 Likes

3 years is plenty of time for that group of people.

1 Like

“That group of people” have had 11 years to get the mammoth, it wasn’t removed. They’ve had 7 years to get the yak, it wasn’t removed. They’ve also had 3 years to get the spider, it wasn’t removed. There is no reason to remove this.

11 Likes

Actually that mammoth doesn’t fall into the same category since it wasn’t hard to get. I started late wrath and within a few months into cata I already had almost 500k gold.

1 Like

Good for you. My point still stands.

2 Likes

Had they told everyone about the mount being removed that group could have increased. Now for the people who thought they had a lot more time only have 1.

4 Likes

Yes you already told me that once.

In any case, you have time to start making gold and if you don’t make the 5 million this expansion, guess what you can either buy it from the BMAH or use that gold for the next gold sink mount in shadowlands.

People in that group who make gold over the long term already have enough gold for the next 3 or so gold sinks mounts. If you want to be in that group you can start now at any time.

1 Like

Great! Fantastic. I’m glad you can read. Point still stands.

3 Likes

I’ve done that as well. Don’t try to pretend I haven’t.

3 Likes

Buy on the BMAH for possibly even more then what it costs on the vendor. This doesn’t encourage new people to pick up professions and get into making gold. It makes people say “what’s the point in trying” when they decide to pull the rug from under everyone.

Irrelevant.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is that you wouldn’t have been able to get the mount if it had been removed at the end of WotLK. Kinda like the Brutosaur.

9 Likes

Well I didn’t hit max level until cata so no, but guess what I wouldn’t have cared either because I didn’t even know about the mount at that time. It actually wouldn’t have been a big deal for me even if I had because I didn’t start even thinking about mount collecting until I was years into playing this game.

But the option was still there to get it. They didn’t just decide to pull it out of the game with no explanation given.

5 Likes

we were playing the what if game though and I wouldn’t have cared.

I don’t get a lot of mounts in this game because I don’t do the content needed to get them. They are putting in mounts for doing all the mythic plus 15s - I will never get that mount because I have no desire to work towards that. That is fine, no one needs everything in this game and if you think you do, you need to think again.

as a collector, it would have been a big deal if you discovered you couldn’t buy it anymore because “reasons”. (or because “no reasons”)

6 Likes

Actually I am not the type to be obsessive about collecting items in this game. I don’t do large parts of it so I would be constantly unhappy if I was.

I see nothing wrong with rewarding people who work at making gold and if they have to remove gold sinks so those things remain a challenge to get, I am fine with that too.

1 Like