Looking to the future for Night Elves

Long time lurker who reads most posts pertaining to night elves because they’re my biggest interest in WoW. One thing I’ve noticed is that a lot of posts seem to focus on the present time, as opposed to the future.

What does the future hold for the Night Elves, especially in regards to the burning of Teldrassil? How will this be navigated by the Horde in the future, generations down the line? What the Horde did was an atrocity, and shouldn’t ever be forgotten. They need to pay for what they’ve done, in the form of reparations to the Night Elves. Being part of the Horde is being complicit in what happened.

3 Likes

What kind of reparations, exactly?

1 Like

The Horde should give up what land it has occupied that belonged to the Night Elves, for one. It should also be taught in Horde based curriculums, to any future children born under the Horde. Even if they weren’t born during the time of the Burning, they still benefit from it, and so they should be made aware of that fact and the importance of why the Horde as a whole does pay reparations. Stuff like days of remembrance should also exist, as well as welfare programs for those affected by the burning.

3 Likes

How long have you been lurking?

Things like this :point_down:

Have been talked to death more than once. What are you looking for?

:pancakes:

12 Likes

The idea of vengeance is talked about, not so much long term reparations. Like I said, giving land back would be a start but that’s not good enough. What happened shouldn’t happen again, and giving land back is just a bandaid fix.

This is literally nonsense, this is basically word salad and I know what completely unrelated rl event this absurd thing is lifted from

5 Likes

Yikes.

:pancakes:

8 Likes

I don’t understand how what I’m saying is nonsense? Children benefit from their parents winning in war.

The alliance won the war to begin with.

3 Likes

Interesting.
The third millennium is coming. Orcs still pay tribute to the elves. They do not remember why, they see that the elves do not need their resources, but continue to pay …
At some point, the orcs must forget … everything? And the eternal elves will merge into a single stream. The twelfth millennium is under way. The children of the children who suffered from the Burning died. The Horde still pays tribute. But he doesn’t remember why.
Hi-hi-hi.

1 Like

The Night Elves didn’t win anything, they only lost. They didn’t benefit from being in the Alliance in this, they only lost things. So in that aspect, the Horde won/benefited.

3 Likes

How did the Horde benefit from it exactly?
It just made the Alliance more aggressive against them.

3 Likes

Oh, Scaniev. You accused me of threatening someone in the IRL?

Ashenvale. At least all of its road surfaces.

1 Like

Not much, unfortunately.

Darkshore was reclaimed, but we’ll never see that reflected ingame so it will actually just be 50% Night Elf controlled.

Ashenvale was never reclaimed, meaning that the Horde kept the zone and the Night Elves never mentioned or seemed to care about it.

Teldrassil is lost forever, and so is close to the entire Night Elf population that was killed and their souls destroyed in the maw. A new home is also never going to happen seemingly since Blizzard wanted to reduce the amount of capital cities in the game and let’s be honest here: A new home for the Night Elves? Who are pretty much extinct? Yeah sure…

The Horde won’t have to do any reparations such as returning Ashenvale because nobody can make them. The Night Elves are close to extinction and Anduin or the other races don’t really care.
Tyrande has forgiven the Horde already, and in 9.1 she also tells us that we’re now giving up on justice against Sylvanas so…

Don’t expect anything for the Night Elves, OP. The potential was there years ago, but it all died down.
The only thing you could look forward to is a heritage armor if the Night Elves are really really lucky to get one.

Story wise, there is no future. Night Elves just kind of accepted that fact as they gave up on justice and on building a future. They seemingly know that it’s over.

1 Like

Goblins/Orcs share borders with Night Elves, by killing a vast amount of their population it gives them more land/natural resources to take.

Did you say something? About Ashenval or threats?

Oh look, how refreshing. This topic again.

7 Likes

No, let’s moan about the distant future. At least two or three hundred years.

1 Like