Looking for RP - In Game Community?

Doing a lil bumparoni. I think I’ll get this set up this weekend. Anyone interested in moderating please reach out to me in game: clair#1709

1 Like

Yes! I think this would be a neat idea. Personally, I don’t like having to sign-up or join a third party platform, such as a different website or Discord. It pulls you out of the game and it’s just an unnecessary extra step. I’ve not joined any Communities in-game so I’m not too sure how it all works. But, if this does get created, I’d be interested in participating!

2 Likes

If reality bent entirely to my whims specifically there would be:

• Widely announced themed days/nights, where people pick a hub and go hang out. Tenacious Tuesdays in Stormwind Cathedral, Mana Mondays around the Blue Recluse, whatever. Just pick a venue and go with it.
  • A community/Discord with a Mission Board-style section. People post prompts, others either pursue the goal in small groups or just engage the poster in some followup RP.
  • A platform (Discord, forum thread, whatever) where people can fill out a LFRP form and list preferred modes of contact. Sometimes you want something that’s not clearly described by the usual descriptors, and putting that in TRP isn’t always that effective.
4 Likes

I really like these ideas. Would you want to talk some about it or be okay with me adopting some or all of the ideas?

1 Like

Maybe if we combine our mental energies, we can bend reality to this will! I love these ideas, too. Hopefully this comes to a fruition, even if it only gets utilized by a percentage of the RP community, I think it would be great to have an avenue you can point other RPers to for opportunities. I can’t do anything about the Blue Recluse, but I’d totally throw out days for RP in dedicated spots around Quel’thalas! It would be cool for people to put up prompts or inciting incidents, like you mention. Give people a reason to be somewhere and do with it as they please!

1 Like

Helloooooo!

I was considering doing something akin to seemingly random rp quests based on a dwarven perspective. The general premise is an old school trade guild starts to diversify and hires player characters for all varieties of missions, from combative, to political to mysterious and intellectually based.

Ideally, I’d love small groups, with the quest having a ‘theme’.

I’ve recently returned to WOW, but I’ve been GM’ing for years ad my goal is to use a simple /20 roll system (the shut-up and role/roll system), small groups, but an expansive, interconnected plot that requires no character- sheets, but is narrative-based.

I’m sort of balking at discord as well and would prefer to keep things in almost wholly in-game.

Maybe we could discuss a collective based notion of groups of this type?

3 Likes

I am open to that. I kinda had the same idea for my own guild, but a elven perspective instead of dwarven. I think I have an idea or two on the matter. Message me in-game and I’ll be happy to chat.

I figured we might all go to our respective “rp corners” and do what we do best, but man, this seems like a great opportunity to align our interests.

Meeting sounds like a plan, thanks, and hope to see you in game.

I just realized that when you’re in a community, you can post events onto the in game calendar and that everyone else in that community can see it. A very useful tool that I think can be used hand in hand with the google doc we have listed in the directory sticky.

I updated the originally post here with ideas. I’m taking feedback.

4 Likes

You can! Honestly, communities are faaantastic. You get access to calendar and chat. Honestly, I think it’s a brilliant invention we could take full advantage of.

Huzzah!

Between the fact you can put events on the calendar that others in the community can see, and even just two channels of ‘general’ to commiserate and try to make connections, and ‘LFRP’ for specifically well, looking for RP - I feel like this is an awesome framework for people to use. This could be super helpful for people returning with Shadowlands, and give awesome options for people to make RP in the literal Shadowlands themselves! I certainly look forward to joining all the other Sin’dorei in Revendreth and immersing. This seems like the perfect tool for fostering world RP.

1 Like

Ba-bump.

Run with any of them you like! I’m in more of a position to spitblal than follow through on this stuff.

1 Like

A community of this nature would be supremely beneficial in a number of ways.

If it’s something you plan to organize and coordinate, providing participants with warnings about the current bugs plaguing the Community Feature and possibly how to fix them and get the most out of the feature could be a huge benefit.

I’ll have to look and see what bugs there are since I’m unaware. Thanks for the heads up!

One that seems to be recurring is the Community Feature chat channel disconnect. For example, you may have a community channel applied to your chat box in-game, but it will intermittently stop appearing in your chat box despite having the setting to toggle it on selected. :disappointed: It has led to many frustrating times.

Edit: There isn’t a permanent solution that I am aware of, but toggling it off then back on (sometimes repeatedly) will eventually fix it and get it working again. I’ve heard some people need to do this every time they log online.

Oh yeah I know about that one actually. It’s fairly annoying, especially being that it’s been over two years I think since communities debuted. I wish they’d just kinda… fix it?

1 Like

I’m super on board for this.

I remember when I first transferred to WrA way back in Cata, it was the old super organized server fansite and the structured chat channels that roped me in. Since those disappeared and community organization has been reduced to forum posts and hoping you manage to find the right active discord, it’s been a real struggle to get back into things every time I return. The calendar alone would be a huge boon.

4 Likes

This sounds amazing

1 Like

Absolutely. Having a calendar with listed open events in-game would be a huge benefit for so many returning players and new players too.

2 Likes

Hey everyone watching this thread. I made a new one for the actual community: [A/H] LFRP the In-Game Community - #16 by Sint-wyrmrest-accord

Horde coming soon!