Lol RIP Nelf Players

GG Guys. Guess you really aren’t going to get anything this expansion.

First you get stomped out by the Horde.
You lose your world tree and capital city.
Your proud female warriors are raised into undeath and immediately turn on you. They renounce their faith in the Goddess you and they have been worshiping for thousands of years. All this totally not by mind control, btw.
Your “revenge” lasted a few quests and you managed to kill one evil angel.
You are then sent to help the Pillsbury Doughboy Humans and are forced to name a boat for Anduin, while your homeland is being blighted.
You actually finally get the arc where you get to kill your ancient evil Queen, but then have to follow Humans around for the quests, instead of iconic Night Elf characters, like Tyrande, who have actually met Azshara, and were around for the time that she was Queen. Although, hilariously, Horde players get to follow around an ancient Night Elf, Thalyssra. Go figure that one out.
And then the Humans you have been stuck following around all expansion end the war with the Horde, and say that all is forgiven, and so your fallen people will never get avenged.
But hey, at least you get to see the necrorelationship of Calia and Derek blossom.

63 Likes

If we don’t get something this expansion we sure will get it the next one. I forsee Tyrande villain batted or just lectured down by Anduin. Lucky us! Thank you Blizzard!

7 Likes

Expansion isn’t done yet.

4 Likes

lol so much for the grand theory of Delaryn Summermoon turning on Sylvanas like Sylvanas once did to Arthas. It really was nothing more than, “i aM FoRSakEN!1”

9 Likes

Why you gotta be that guy ?

Like their face is already in the mud along with most of us why push them in deeper by reminding them of this when they already know?

2 Likes

to be fair we haven’t seen Delaryn since Darkshore and Sylvanas is still alive… soooo it could still happen

I hope this is not the case… she actually showed restraint during the night warrior scenario… they have no business making her the bad guy.

3 Likes

They’ve been hinting at this since 8.0 and 8.1, though. And Anduin’s line in 8.2.5 is only further driving it home.

It’s stupid and I think it sends a bad message, but I don’t think this is new information.

2 Likes

If he doesn’t Blizzard will.

1 Like

What else can I expect from Blizzard at this point? Anduin words don’t help at all. What makes me mad is that they made Tyrande go through all that and then punish her for it.
Of course I don’t want it to happen as she is my favorite character but things don’t look so good right now.

14 Likes

They just need to delete Night elves from the game then.

4 Likes

That may be so, but I always liked to imagine if there is no one else, you should atleast be able to trust the other players of the franchise to have your back against the company doing stupid stuff.

Even if you don’t like said race, character, or faction you should atleast call it out if you think it’s dumb or stupid and serves no real purpose other than to just make people mad or make them feel bad.

1 Like

This is one of the many reasons why I’m still upset Nightborne weren’t neutral. Their allegiance to the Horde is arbitrary and the explanation for it loose at best.

Imagine the Nightborne interactions with Tyrande, the burning of Teldrassil, etc. Having them play a role in helping the night elves and fighting against another tyrant (Sylvanas) would have made MUCH more sense than Thalyssra following Sylvanas all the way up until she imprisoned Baine.

2 Likes

I got a couple of cool Night Elf themed armor sets… much better than those one size fits none Heritage armors.

I got a couple of Night Elf themed mounts and working on a third.

I got a radical customisation option.

And I got to play a story of valiant tragic defense.

I got a much more varied leveling trip on Kul Tiras than my Horde main got on Zuldazar.

And Lord Novington throws a mean party.

That’s a hell of a lot more than any Horde player got.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Horde s entire story since MoP

1 Like

Thalyssra is not a Night Elf. She’s Nightborne. and yes that IS a major difference. We culturally separated over 13,000 years ago and she’s mutated since then. We don’t even have a common language since her race was essentially another group of Highborne.

2 Likes

They would be punishing her for her actions shortly before Classic when she joined the Alliance out of spite towards the Horde for killing Cenarius despite Malfurion having gotten over it.

If I remember correctly she allied with the Alliance over the Horde because she didn’t want Orcs chopping wood in Ashenvale and was still bitter over Cenarius’s death despite Malfurion getting over it immediately after learning of it.

Considering Garrosh started his Warmongering against the Alliance over Tyrande’s headstrong attitude Blizzard might think itself justified in punishing her just as it punished Cenarius and MU Grom.

I hope Tyrande stayed away becuase she knows what Anduin did. He released Saurfang and denied the Elves justice. But I also know that Blizz likes to screw up characters. Tyrande is my favorite and I’m afraid for her right now.

10 Likes

I hope with Saurfang dead… they change her to vengeance against Sylvanas like they did Genn.

Lol denied justice what, no one is gonna stop her from killing sylvanas