Lol great job with hpal…

Imagine not being taken because none of your utility is unique, and other healers do everything you do, but a lot better.

Neither are ideal, but id rather the former than the latter.

Go play MW Fistweave Monk.

So just remove holy power altogether then? :clown_face:

TF? obviously we are talking about mana here… because the mana cost got added? lets please use some braincells here…

2 Likes

Would it be the same if I say: “You go play Hpriest, Discipline,Rshaman, ranged MW or Prevoker then?”. Oh yeah, there were only 2 melee healers in the game, Fistweaver and pre S3 Hpal.

Not counting Rdruid since its casts are pretty much all instant lmao.

I mean, if someone was complaining about Feral Druid not having a lot of stealth interactions, I’d direct them to go play a Rogue instead.

People just come to the forums to complain, and get even more upset when people disagree with them. Holy Paladin and Paladin in general has received a great rework this expansion. As someone already mentioned, you can literally play a melee style or a ranged style.

Are people just crying for the sake of crying?

1 Like

No?

People are complaining because, for the sake of casting, we lost everything else: mana efficiency, DPS, and free globals.

You can’t DPS because if you do, you will run out of mana halfway through a fight.

You are better off overhealing with infusions (when no one needs heals) for the sake of not running out of mana. You are actively punished for DPSing when no healing is required. You are better off removing crusader strike, judgment, and shield of the righteous from your bars than actively pressing them at any given time. That is bad gameplay design.

We actively ignore holy power half the time. We overcap and waste holy power so much with this rework. That is bad gameplay design.

Our mana has been nerfed so much that the only way the class survives is by being forced to take Inflorescence of the Sunwell which makes flash of light mana free. It’s not that flash of light is good. It’s that our mana costs are so high that we can’t take anything else. That is bad gameplay design.

People love to say “well this is how the class played in legion.” It didn’t. People forget holy power was removed in Legion and you could freely use word of glory/light of dawn every X seconds without worrying about mana, light of dawn stacks, holy power, etc.

Mana costs are higher. The spenders heal for less than ever. We can’t actively DPS because it impacts our ability to heal because of the mana. We are absolutely bottom of the barrel when it comes to both healing throughput and personal DPS.

It’s not about the fact that instead of healing through DPS we now cast to heal. It’s that blizzard broke almost every aspect of the spec.

If mana were manageable, if I could press my DPS buttons when I wanted too, if holy power mattered in any meaningful way, it wouldn’t matter to me (personally) whether I was casting or not. But that’s not the case.

The spec is broken, more so than pre-rework, and the casting shills are cheering at a (literal) dumpster fire because they can finally press 2 buttons to heal while ignoring the fact that 5 other buttons, our mana, and our combo point system (holy power) are in shambles.

5 Likes

Tell us how you really feel :confused:

1 Like

Spenders free as in no mana cost, you can’t read and just want to condescend idea you don’t agree with

There is a lot of that going around here lately, unfortunately…

Pretty spot on. When it’s recommended to only sometimes use a major resource (speaking of HoPo and dawn stacks) and almost never use hammer of wrath (in raid) as just one example, then for sure there is a fundamental flaw. At least in Season 1 our spenders were half decent and worked well with our tier set.

Also… I’ll never understand anyone who loves paladin and class fantasy, wears plate/has defensive utility and believes caster is the way. It only started like that because the game was unfinished back then and required +healing gear from lesser armour classes to be effective. Otherwise, why would Judgment be a class ability with only a 10yd range?

1 Like

You can totally despise casting, and I get that, I really do, but please stop with these garbage takes. Are you trying to imply that Holy Paladins/the game were “unfinished” for 14+ years?

2 Likes

I did. It really has nothing to do with casting and more about the state of the spec. I equally disliked the avenging crusader playstyle - again, because of the state of the spec.

Liking casting is not an excuse to support the rest of the spec being gutted.

I agree.
I’ve seen you mention a few of the points i’ve made in various threads in your post. Though you are not singling me out specifically, all I ever supported was “I like the basic rotation with casting instead of CS spam”, (which, outside of our available cooldowns, is very similar to Legion…our 2 set is literally an artifact power from legion, despite you disagreeing/making fun of that sentiment. And also, there being no HP in legion doesnt change the basic healing rotation that im referring to).
That does not mean I think the class is in a good state, or that I (and others that prefer casting) “support the spec being gutted”. Ive repeatedly said that the HP spenders needs to be buffed, as does the inital heal of HS (among other things).

I guess all in all, just because someone prefers the current rotation vs CS spam, doesn’t mean they support every single aspect of the class’s current state or “they support an overall dumpster fire”. Implying as much is just simply disingenuous/a straw man.

3 Likes

I don’t know what yall are talking about I am having a blast with 10.2 hpal.

So I don’t dps as much, whoopy doo If I wanted to smack things I would play a dps.

I finally feel like my HEALING spec can function purely on its HEALING gameplay loop.

That being said, reducing mana costs a bit here and there so I could go all out with my damage should no healing be required would be an improvement. But overall we are moving in the correct direction. But ultimately if I focus on healing I have 0 mana issues so Ill wait patiently for them to correct our mana issues with a smile on my face because I finally have a gameplay loop where Healing is the focus.

2 Likes

I was thinking about going back to my Holy Paladin with these changes.

Let people say what they want but Holy Paladin was a caster class from day 1.
If I wanted to play a melee healer I would have created a MW monk.

I am reading that some people say “you are forced to use cast spells” when I could say the same thing “I am forced to be melee”.

And the arguments are the same but in reverse:
“If you want to cast you can use Holy Priest”.
“If you want to be melee you can use MW monk”.

I’m sorry, but while Holy Priest was a good alternative, it’s not the same as a Holy Paladin.
I will definitely give this version of Holy Paladin a try. The Legion version was the one I liked the most and the most similar to the WOTLK version.

1 Like

you sare parroting youtubers that spread false information. The spec is more than fine

1 Like

Haven’t noticed any difference except for at the end of some boss fights there’s a boing noise, followed by a message that says I need something called mana.

I love the changes, and the nerfs that have been advertised are mostly hyperbole. HPaly is still a very strong healing spec. The re-work is very intuitive, allowing you to setup killer rotations for damage spikes.

I also find that now that it’s viable to both melee heal and caster heal, you have great flexibility in where you position yourself. If you like caster healing, and staying away from the melee mahem, there’s no reason not to do this. If you like smacking the boss, that works too.

I haven’t enjoyed healing as a Pally this much since Legion, and that’s still the case after all the nerfs.

1 Like

That’s weird because I’ve never even had to drink in any run I’ve done. I’ll use the occasional mana pot to put myself back above 70% because that’s a threshold I don’t like being under personally but I don’t understand how people are having such mana problems.

Even if you accept that Monks are the only “legitimate” melee healer that can or should exist in this game, then I’d ask that you jump over to the Monk forums temporarily and advocate for their current caster raid build to be retuned to be a melee build. Thanks in advanced. :kissing_closed_eyes:

Except no, that shouldn’t happen either because there’s a community of MW Monks that also prefer a caster playstyle. The designers of this game should just create multiple viable builds that make everyone happy.

Which is what this thread was advocating for. Except people took the opportunity to just regurgitate dusty old arguments about which playstyle has a legitimate claim on Holy Paladins. :tired_face:

Honestly though, both melee and caster build should be able to exist without either side at each others necks constantly about caster > melee … 20 years of casting … I’m a healer, I heal, it’s such a dreary depressing argument that’s still going on 4 years since melee really took off when Glimmer was introduced and 13 years since Crusader strike was given to Holy in Cataclysm.

2 Likes