Lol great job with hpal…

Lol Blizzard… wtf did you do to hpal? I’m so bummed. I have no outlet for my anger. This version of hpal is way worse then pre rework. This is very poor development.

17 Likes

They just keep pushing playstyle changes that no one wants. Making mana matter again, barf.
More holy light casts? Barf

8 Likes

How dare they make mana matter… the horror. People will complain about the dumbest things.

7 Likes

I find healing works me through my frustrations.

2 Likes

I agree doing key pushing for anything at 22+ is so bad in mana. Have to drink every small pull of mobs and every time after boss. Before i would drink but now i even run out of mana using my fqing mana pots even. So dog what they did to holy paladin

1 Like

I don’t really understand the frustration against the new Holy Paladin. It literally has all the quality of life improvements it could ask for. Judgment grants holy power, flash of light and holy light grant holy power, like wtf do you guys want now? It’s healing output is really good. Like yeah mana got nerfed but so did ever other class. It’s not just a holy paladin thing

lmao I guess people will never be happy.

9 Likes

Having to use Holy light and Flash of light is the problem. They’re not fun to use. Make them free and heal for half a mil i still wouldn’t want to use it.

6 Likes

Then you should find a different class. The inane things people ask for or want are precisely why the devs stopped responding to class forums a long time ago.

Class forums be like, “I want to play a druid… but I don’t ever want to change forms… and I want to block like a warrior… and I need the an immunity like bubble… but I also need new forms every month even though I don’t want to use them… and lust, don’t forget lust. No class has utility if it isn’t lust.”

5 Likes

How is not wanting to have your playstyle changed insane?

We’ve been playing without hard casts it for most of the previous patch and it was great. I don’t know a single paladin main that wants to stand there hard casting spells as a melee class.

I swear some people just need an excuse to get their tongue deeper in between blizzard’s asscheeks.

9 Likes

And paladins played most of 18 years casting those spells. Which do you think is the more prevalent Blizz wants? Sit down fair weather pally.

8 Likes

I like that I get to actually cast Holy Light and Flash of Light as opposed to Crusader Striking my way through combat with Holy Shock mixed in. I don’t mind the melee aspects or else I wouldn’t be playing a paladin, but it always felt weird to never cast our casted healing spells.

1 Like

lowest healing output healer in the game by double digit percent, actually.

and lowest damage healer as well.

as far as judgement fol and HL granting HP? who cares? WoG is weak, and costs a lot of mana.

6 Likes

Considering grey parses, PEBKAC.

1 Like

I’m sorry my 6th alt offends you. Go review logs for mythic raid and mythic plus.

Pally only became a “pure” melee healer at the end of BFA…pallies are essentially back to what they were in cata to legion, which is what many have been asking for.

5 Likes

If you are going by warcraft logs since 10.2, the top pallies in the world breaking pally/healing records are all casting HS/FoL.

The VAST majority are sill playing like it was 10.1 and not casting a single FoL, so the numbers are all f’ed up for the most part, so I wouldnt put too much stock into that just yet tbh.

If its still the same a month in with everyone using the new desired spells, then ya, but I wouldnt freak out just yet.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for anyone else, but Holy Paladin for me is in one of the best states it’s ever been in. As you say, Judgment generating HP, and Holy Light/Flash of Light reliably generating HP are great. And though it sounds weird to say, minimizing the value of HP has also been great, since we don’t really rely on it like we used to. Holy Shock having two charges, and multiple different ways to reduce the cooldown on those charges, is AMAZING. Glimmer gameplay being baked in to the spec is great. We have more short-recharge healing CD’s than any healer in the game, and still have the strongest and most impactful external cooldowns that exist (Sac, BoP, Freedom). Our Cleanse is among the most useful of all healers. We have options during low-healing periods to turn all our HP into damage, we can adjust our usage of Holy Shock to be extremely offensive.

Since the rework, we’ve been constantly nerfed lower in terms of pure numbers to try and bring us in line, and despite being nerfed almost every week we’re still great, and our kit is so good the numbers nerfs hardly matter. I dunno if anyone at Blizz ever reads these forums, but if they do, I just want to say that I am STILL thankful for the incredible rework Holy got, and aside from a few quibbling gripes, I think it was an overwhelming success.

10 Likes

I have to agree, I feel like holy Paladin is in a fantastic state. I’ve been playing all of the healers since the 10.2 changes (nerfs and buffs) and holy Paladin still has one of my personal favorite playstyles of all the healers.

Even after all the nerfs Holy has an incredible array of available CDs. Yes, I definitely saw my mana bar in the low 60s for the first time, but every healer is feeling the mana changes. I could also be more aggressive with my use of daybreak for more mana, which is also a part of the incoming tier.

Say what you will about Holy Light and Flash of Light, but having heals you can cast from out of melee range that are impactful actually feels nice. It’s not like fistweaver, which suddenly loses a lot of oomph when it has to step out of melee range and heal.

From a pure gameplay perspective, I still feel like holy Paladin has the most fun and useful toolkit and CDs for m+. If my regular m+ team wasn’t in dire need of a lust I would play it over preservation.

3 Likes

Healer is pretty trash rn. Old pala was better. this is a trainwreck

4 Likes

This has to be sarcasm.