Logs shouldn't exist or should be opt-out

Those aren’t even his characters lol

3 Likes

I would assume not considering they took the effort to remove the name.

2 Likes

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/help/hiding-characters/

All these replies and literally I’m the only one that bothered to check up on opting out of WCL ?

Crazy. People would rather scorch OP than just answer his question.

3 Likes

It was already explained that it doesn’t actually remove you from the logs just like hiding your account doesn’t make your armory hidden.

2 Likes

No, the OP wanted to not even show up on logs or meters, not just private them on one website. That’s why they’re getting burned.

1 Like

Hidden numbers = makes people think you are purposely hiding poor performance*.

*Only exception being private logging by mythic guilds wanting to keep their progression hidden and players focused on downing bosses.

3 Likes

You could leave if you have a problem.

1 Like

Honestly, logs are a god send when building a pug M+ group. Raiding is freaking easy. If you cant at least blue parse in a mythic raid, you don’t belong in a 25+ key. When we invite dps, we always look at logs. If people had an opt-out of logs feature, it would definitely make it faster to just decline people.

1 Like

Personally I find it more annoying how warcraftlogs application since they forced the update have the ad panel at the bottom, has rmt ads show up every now and then. Need to check if it started in season 2 but it’s certainly been a thing since season 3 and now.

I should really get to setting up a pihole if they aren’t going to care to look at what their ad networks put out.

I bet you also blur out license plates in photos even though the whole world sees it.

Better git gud then.

3 Likes

Yet you’re in those groups, basically all of your mythic raid parses are greens/grey lol.

Further proving my point, the people trying to parse shame others in this thread don’t even have the kind of parses they say others should have.

Same for this one.

I don’t raid so what’s your point? Look at my M+ parses, score, run history?

2 Likes

I said this earlier today, and I’ll say it again… People are not forced to group with you. Logs have been part of this game for a very, very long time… Get better. Stop AFK’ing. If you don’t want to be logged, lead your own groups, set your own requirements…

Oh and before you try to argue against that… You don’t own the log information. You don’t own anything about your character. It is all property of Blizzard Entertainment.

1 Like

If you dont know/care why are you caring if it is posted?

Subpar dmg is not something to be ashamed of. Knowing can lead to improving

1 Like

No you don’t… Blizzard can cancel your sub, remove your access to their servers, delete your characters at their whim. Would that be prudent business? No… But way to many people think they own pixels… You don’t own anything… nada. zip. zilch.

1 Like

M+ is about the same quality for you, not sure why you told me to look at that. Should probably take your own advice, tbh.

When I raided I didn’t mind logs showing if I was dead last dps some nights , because the guild I was with used it truly as a tool to help its members improve.

From the logs I had the top dps of my class that our guild had carve out time to help me out we went to target dummies and he was like “ok just show me what you do for a rotation “ I did and then he would comment and make suggestions. I improved my dps by the numbers by about 25% overall (yeah I was doing a lot wrong).

Anyway that story to show the PROPER way logs can be used…I fine with that.

But I think what OP is talking about is for people to just hack on you , insult you etc for poor numbers without any constructive criticism.

1 Like

Lol I’m 2550 score. That puts me in like the top 2%.

11 Likes

They’re orange and pink parse this season in M+. I just looked; stop lying.

9 Likes

As long as peoples parses are decent upward trending over the past 4-8 weeks (ending up at around 70-80), even if starting parses cause a bad avg, I’ll take that person.