Logs shouldn't exist or should be opt-out

lol ever PvP? all your healing and damage is there on display, no addons needed.

Sadly you own nothing. As others have said you are just paying rent. The only thing you could own WoW related would be something physical.

Of course your logs trees should be private.

Everything on your account and characters should be private. This should be the default.

Only Blizzard should have access and they should be the only ones to set up barriers to entry in order to create organic and enjoyable gameplay flow.

But that would require Blizzard to change they mind set from creating and promoting a toxic competition atmosphere to creating and promoting a positive, co-operative one.

And from what I have seen of their clear difficulty moving from a toxic bro culture to a more diverse, inclusive one, I do not think they would understand how. Or even what it would look like.

3 Likes

Lord of the rings online with the private profile feature comes to mind.

If that said private profile person wants a raid group they’ll need to tell/send proof of their gear to get in. I saw no issue with inviting people with private profiles to a raid in LOTRO.

The people are the issue in WoW as a community with options like this… People wanna see everyone’s bodies and achievements or records… They might as well ask them for home videos of themselves sleeping or taking a dump.

Didn’t I just see you say this exact copypasta pretty much word for word on another post/thread somewhere? :thinking:

As far as I’ve found out. All those bro types in blizzard are either in prison or working for another company. You know, from the women abuse scandal?

Part of me understands where the community is coming from with regard to vetting other players’ performance.

Part of me understands where the OP is coming from, as it’s a Facebook/Google-level “it’s not technically illegal for us to scrutinize your every move, and you don’t own the information anyway” invasion of privacy.

Eh. Blizzard’s choice. I’d say Silverleigh is making the correct observation: Blizzard’s stance on this is a direct reflection of what sort of competitive/cooperative environment they want to promote.

Except it isn’t comparable. Nothing about your character is revealing about your IRL data/self unless YOU did something like name yourself FirstNameLastName or otherwise give that info out. Go ahead and armory me to death and tell me anything personal about me…what city/state I live, my age, birthday, anything at all you can dig up.

The OP and other supporters are mad because their ineptitude/incompetence is easily verifiable for people who choose to look up that info. I can guarantee though, NOT having any data is just as likely, if not more so, as grounds to cause people to deny your application.

1 Like

I didn’t say it was comparable in magnitude, and I’m honestly not interested in discussing it.

That’s right if you don’t care enough to do the right things to be up to par, you don’t deserve to get into some groups. That is the choice of the group leader, if you don’t like it, form your own group. Then you don’t have to worry about being judged. As far as someone being so called black listed on a realm, I am sure there is more to that story than just simply they were a bad player and got called out for it by a streamer.

They probably ran their mouth also and acted like a dungeon hero that was really a zero. And got the rep they deserved. But since I was not there and don’t know the full story on your realm at the time. I can not commit further on what is the issue with your friends.

As a group leader I have every right to use every tool at my disposal to judge who gets into my groups. If I want only the best in my groups, that is my choice as the group leader. It’s not the choice of the pugs that are just hoping someone will pick them. Pugs are not entitled to get into groups just because they are pugging. They get picked by people who are leading groups.

Except you did. You literally said “Part of me understands where the OP is coming from, as it’s a Facebook/Google-level “it’s not technically illegal for us to scrutinize your every move, and you don’t own the information anyway” invasion of privacy.”

The actual/proper comparison would be the OP being recorded going to the grocery store. Anyone in the store can see your intended purchases in your cart and make whatever judgments about you. If you act like a Karen and flip out at a cashier not taking your 2 year old expired coupon and people whip out their phones and record you, you’re not safe from that. You want that privacy? Don’t go to the store or out in public.

The reality is, just like IRL, nobody really cares until your life is interfering in some way to their own. For what this means in WoW, nobody cares what covenant you got, what legendary you picked, what item level you are, and/or what talents you got while you are out doing your callings. You want to sign up to a +15? That’s a different story. I, as the key holder, have every right to be as picky and choosy about the people I pick as the person doing their +2 or the person doing their +200.

Also why would you post in a discussion board if you aren’t willing to discuss? Certainly your prerogative, but still…ah well.

1 Like

Oh, you know, I’d be interested in discussing it. Just not with you. That should be clear.

They are comparable in spirit if not magnitude. Tracking data is tracking data; whether it connects to real-life characteristics is moot.

That is all. We’re done. End of this non-discussion. Go be a pedantic nitpicker elsewhere.

I meeean… WoW/Blizz is in bed with China. So there is alot of things to discuss there as far as data collection and sharing.

What exactly was nonsense?

You claimed that people are “slamming” OP for posting an amazingly silly suggestion when the reality is that most of the replies are perfectly factual.

You or anyone else being offended has no effect on reality.

Except it isn’t clear. For starters, I’ve no idea what your beef is with me specifically nor do I know how what I said makes me a pedantic nitpicker. I think there is a pretty big fundamental difference in the world you and/or the OP is trying to spin and the actual facts and I’m going to call you and others out as I deem appropriate just like I expect to be called out and countered if I say things people can/think they can argue against. You don’t get to control the narrative and/or my involvement with it short of just not replying. So get bent on that front there bucko. Again, I don’t recall being rude or hostile in any/all threads I’ve participated in.

They could be. I think that’s an issue for a different thread, though.

People in this thread are weirdly, frighteningly accepting of surveillance.

China and money. Easy.

Youre spare parts bud

If you think WCL is the be-all end-all of surveillance, I have bad news for you bub. You’re online, right now; you have already consented to way more surveilling than you know. You carry a surveillance bug around in your pocket/purse/hand every day. You tell it your most intimate secrets.

Worrying about someone knowing your DPS is subpar ought to be the least of your concerns.