Logs shouldn't exist or should be opt-out

I actually never deleted my copy of the original one you posted (before you fixed the obvious error). However, I am not going to post that, since doing so would be a CoC violation for the content of the image.

i like logs. its nice to know how far below the bar i am so i can also see how far i need to climb if i end up caring about improving.

bonus, you can look at logs of those doing far better and see where you can improve.

like taking healing cov tree options vs sticking with guardian ones when healing lfr and wondering how you are being out healed by a player 40 ilvl lower than you. using the right buttons and priority makes a massive difference. instant improvement from just comparing logs

You mean the one you edited up yourself to try to ‘disprove’ and say that it was the one I had posted in the first place when evidence is to the contrary? Off with your friend Moritz, I guess.

If I actually wanted to do what you did, I could do a way better job. I’ve been paid to teach people how to use an image editor. But whatever you tell yourself so you can sleep at night.

this is exactly the kinda thread i expect from GD. lets go. remove logging. im with it

Keeping screenshots of posts to win an argument on a video game forum seems like a healthy and productive use of time.

5 Likes

sorry sorry i’m late! I brought the popcorn

2 Likes

Based on the logs, mostly being from LFR (or normal in the case of CN), I’d wager a guess that logs are irrelevant to any content you’re doing. If people are checking logs for invites to a normal pug, and caring about parses for content that requires almost no healing, that’s just wild.

If you do really want to hide them though, that’s a feature warcraftlogs has available

/help/hiding-characters/

I keep printouts of good posts from others on my fridge.

2 Likes

Hi guys.

I made breakfast pizza. So yeah. I have a lot going on today.

Its gonna be a good day.

2 Likes

I recommend learning to press your buttons in the tight order. That will really help with the quality of your logs so you don’t really care about what they look like to other people.

1 Like

Logs are an important thing to the game, because they can offer a general snapshot of a player’s performance. This helps players when applying to high-end guilds.

Now, are logs taken out of context, or used to grief certain people? Sure, but that happens with any measurable metric in an MMO. Not that I’m defending that, but it is just an undeniable thing that happens in a game that focuses so much on personal performance.

If people want to opt out and hide their logs, that should be an option too, but I don’t know how useful that could be, as most other players will just think that person in question is hiding their subpar performances.

You still haven’t address how what you said was a relevant reply to what I said. Because it was nonsense.

I’m not even sure if the OP means actual logs or recount/details. Either way the answer is still the same I suppose. Your character and everything about it is public data belonging to Blizzard. You are, essentially, paying Blizzard to lease the character. Also, just like IRL, you have no promise or even expectation of privacy except in specific areas like bathrooms and changing rooms. In general though, anyone is free to record or watch you when you are out in public.

Doing group content is not an inherent right you are owed. Even in queue content, your spot is not guaranteed or owed to you. You are still subject to any and all expectations of the group and if they collectively agree you don’t belong there anymore, they have the right to send you packing. In non queued content, this goes from a collective to an individual and/or those they give raid assist roles to.

What you should be railing against is the perception that you “need” to be performing at a higher level than the content is designed and balanced for. Especially at the normal and LFR level, you absolutely do not need to be min maxed and be a meta spec/setup and whatnot.

Want a hint that’ll carry you far in this game? Play a healer. In literally every content pillar and level within that pillar in that game, healers are vastly underplayed and needed. Often once you get a decent item level, you’ll be an auto invite. Pug raids also tend to stack up on more healers than they need by 1-2 bodies.

Even in mythic+, I’m far more likely to pick a decently geared healer with low IO over a DPS. In fact, I’ll NEVER take a low ilvl and/or IO DPS toon because, quite frankly, I don’t have to. I just want to live and/or my teammates to live and the nature of those healing effects are inconsequential to me.

1 Like

Don’t worry bro, nobody is checking your logs in your LFR runs

2 Likes

thing is if you could opt out completely ppl would imagine the worst case scenario.

wouldnt serve you any better - it’d probably be worse actually.

I guess I am also the monster under their pc.

All my logs on this guy are green so far, all the logs on my Priest are blue with a couple purples. Who cares? Lol

I pretty much only do M+/PVP, maybe logs are more important in raiding–I duno. People saying mean things about your video game character can only affect you if you let it.

2 Likes

ESOLogs also exists.

As for everything else in here: :flushed: :joy: :popcorn:

Except the not caring about what others thing will quickly lead to you not getting into groups in M+ or raids.

You can perform average/fine but peoples opinions shift around your ability to obtain gear. I assume you’ve never had a character black listed for M+ before have you?

Luckily I haven’t either but a couple old friends did back in Legion. Their names are still on the list for those characters on the current server they are on.

Look what happens as an example when a influencer makes a tweet mentioning someone’s business or name and its a negative take. That person or business gets bad press or worse.