Well I think the main problem is bfa is that casuals and high end players are having very different experiences.

The average high end players week:
-2 nights a week, 3 hours per day of raiding
-1 hour for a mythic plus 10
-3 hours of farming heroics
-casual mats farming
-Island Expeditions to cap
-emissary every day

The average casual week:
-casual mat farming

Basically high end players are burning out with too much to do, while casuals are kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel for content. I do not think either portion of the player base really enjoys this state of affairs.

“I’ve done it all”… (apart from the 95% which i choose to not do because then i can’t complain about being bored)

:roll_eyes:

I am too…but…that’s the problem. This is still a new xpac and we are already working on OLD content.

6 Likes

what did previous expansions have for casuals that this one doesn’t? what do you want to do?

Legion had lots of casual content… reasons to level many alts for the order hall campagins, collecting all the arftifact weapons and all the class mounts.
I was really busy in legion levelling 14 classes and doing tons of Legion content that wasnt just world quests, in comparison BFA content does feel boring.

2 Likes

Work with a friendlier group.

I’d suggest a social guild. You might not progress very fast or well but you should have a better raiding environment.

Do you have all of the available Allied Race armors?

I run content for transmog, level alts, play different parts of the game (healing, dps), and I try to be social with people.

I haven’t been able to log in since last Tuesday!

3 Likes

going by just this character, you have 1525 achievement points - you’ve barely scratched the surface of the game.

There’s pet, mount, transmog & toy collecting. old (and new) storylines to complete, pvp if you’re so inclined, old achievements, holiday stuff, DMF when it comes around, etc.

2 Likes

The Armory displays achievements for your whole account so unless you’re going to claim you did “it all” on another account, you wouldn’t know her, she went to another school… then no, you haven’t.

This is what today’s gamer has asked for. They want to log in and get done in 10 minutes, because they don’t have time to play. GOT A LIFE, you know?

So, here we are.

2 Likes

I don’t really see much difference between now and Cataclysm, MIsts, Draenor, or Legion. That is how long I’ve been a solo player. Always had stuff to finish in old content. Heck, I still have things to buy from the Argent Tournament in Wrath.

There is actually a setting in the game to only show the character’s achievements on their armory. It is on the Social page of the Interface Options. Even then, the Armory isn’t accurate. I don’t have that setting chosen and have over 18,000 achievement points in the game. My Armory says otherwise.

An hour? If it lasts longer than two minutes, I’m usually surprised.

There is currently a serious bug affecting mages and dps DHs that give only them about a 40 minute queue.

that setting doesn’t negate account-wide achievements.

Well, that’s an oddly specific bug. Maybe someone has it out for mages and Havoc DHs?

It depends how you determine casual, as there is great variance between being a casual and being a high end player.
I think one of the main problems in the laundry list of things to do for each player in a week.

For high end players it’s a matter of “tick all these objectives to get the most guaranteed loot possible” where as for casuals depending on time, it’s “how many of these objectives can I tick off and how many are unreasonable to accomplish”.
I personally think this is bad design in all senses, as first of all in a game why should you feel obligated to do something or miss out (see opportunity cost), and secondly it means that players aren’t necessarily coming online because they want to enjoy something, but more that they feel they have to.
And thirdly because all of the items on this laundry list provide higher than average rewards, it devalues the actual content you would be doing outside of earning those “cache rewards”.

1 Like

This just came up the other day, one user even had a temper tantrum over my contribution;

I find this to be extremely dubious.

My queues take 2 minutes, as pure DPS classes. Try again.