Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

People seem to forget that a certain dev absolutely hates flying in WoW, and vowed that it would never again return to the game back in WoD. He lost that battle, but he’s been sticking it to WoW flyers ever since with his ridiculous pathfinder achieves every single expac. I doubt his massive ego will ever heal to the point where we just get flight right at the start.

8 Likes

Seems like a good reason to remove anyone from any kind of position of power over others.

But hey ho, what do I know huh? /Soprano cosplay

2 Likes

while also disregarding the legitimate complaints of disabled people. Interesting strategy. Going after the advocates and those being advocated for is an interesting stance.

4 Likes

Also incorrect, the accesibilty tools requested are in the game and I’ve not advocated to remove those.

What position of power?
They are just following what they gather data. They see majority of the players using Dragonriding and they double down on that.

If there was massive DROP in Dragonriding usage when the pathfinder came out they would’ve their answer.

Fact is: Wow has 4,6 million subscribers.
Less than 100 are here complaining about Skyriding, if we exclude the alts posting.

You have your answer why they are moving forward with skyriding.

You are all dramatizing this like Pathfinder wouldn’t be available until Season 3 and would require massive amount of effort. It doesn’t.

It is available from day 1, you can get it day 1, and all it requires is for you to play the campaign, which is 100% ground mount friendly. And explore the zones, which you will do. Then it unlocks for your whole account.

I think they shouldn’t have handled that to you, because on how ungrateful you are that you are having access to it so fast and without any basically effort.
You all look like this to me

:sob: wHaT dO yOu MeAn I hAvE tO pLaY tO uNlOcK iT

It is beyond childish at this point.

2 Likes

No but you’ve been dismissive of every reasonable complaint about the inequity of the system. While claiming everyone is just scapegoating with disabilities. Its your own posts so…

Blocking one form of flying over another is not equitable. Ground mounts currently are.
One group gets to fly from the get go and the other has to work for it, as small as that may be it is still a barrier to access the equitable feature. The only equitable option is locking both, or removing steady flight from behind an achievement.

Hopefully given how little is required in this pathfinder in TWW I am hopeful the whole idea is trashed by next Expac.

Either way I will likely just wait till its removed later as all pathfinders have been and steady flight is no longer behind a barrier to access.

Almost as bad as the “I have no skin in the game but let me double devil advocate” poster.

6 Likes

There’s not been a reasonable complaint about inequity anywhere in this thread. Steady Flight and skyriding are two different systems being treated differently, pretending that in inequitable is laughably false.

1 Like

So why are you perpetuating what is laughably false?

Both are forms of air travel. One is locked, one is not. That is not equitable and has been pointed out several times. Your own incredulity is irrelevant.

8 Likes

They are both types of flying. They are very different types of flying which interact with the game differently. You cannot compare one singular thing you dislike, a very generic similarity, and then say they are treated unfairly because there is one similarity.

Well, you can but that is making false equivalencies, which does not make you look credible in the least.

a 747 operates differently than a super cub. Still both are planes and both fly(Boeing notwithstanding). You can be pedantic if you want but it makes your position weaker in the process.

Without your obfuscation, both are flying, one is locked. Not equitable.

One is more accessible in use to a large audience and one is not. The one more accessible is locked which creates inequity.

9 Likes

But everything is not equal when Blizzard allows skyriding at launch. What is equitable is allowing both forms of flight at launch. No one has disputed that walking or using a ground mount is available. However, being able to walk/ground mount is not the same as flying.

Your cry of abelism as your continued argument is completely disingenuous. I haven’t seen anyone who has shared their disability, bash you over the head with it to make their argument…their maybe one example I can think of, but no one else.

I certainly have not used my disability as an abelist cudgel. A person’s disability relating to the game is what it is. It’s factual. It’s part of the equation in why not having steady flight at the launch of TWW is a problem.

7 Likes

The two modes are inequal. They are very different forms of flying. That point went well above your head it would seem, as you continue to insist it is unfair that the different flight forms are treated differently.

If you’ve been following this thread asit seems you have, you would know several people have said having skyriding available at launch but not steady launch is inequitable. I’ve said this from the start as has others.

5 Likes

You keep saying it, but plugging your ears to the fact these are different systems treated differently. That isn’t inequity, they are inherently different.

So, you think the two systems are equal?

You keep ignoring they are both forms of flight. And most everyone wants to fly at the start of TWW. The fact they have some differences is irrelevant. There is nothing about skyriding that makes it better to be available at launch. Just as there is nothing about steady flight that makes it more suited to PF.

8 Likes

It requires interaction with the game and environment, something Blizzard pushed for in WoD and which has been reiterated here repeatedly. But, do continue to ignore that for the sake of your argument.

1 Like

Its faster, has more flying flavor, and it’s what blizz wants.

Tbh I don’t know why the arguing persists.
Its not going away. The fact blizz is retroactively hotfixing the prepatch event due to feedback and complaining only after a few days… and pathfinder is still here says a lot.

Idk. At least you’ll have it unlocked fast? Glass half full?

2 Likes

It’s interesting you point out WoD since steady flight was the only form of flight and has been until DF. Blizzard did not create it thinking they were detaching players from the game.

Where has Blizzard said they created skyriding to be more immersive.

What aspects of the game are more or less immersive is completely subjective. For some players, steady flight makes them feel very immersed in the game.

You keep arguing that skyriding is so much more interactive with the game. On the contrary, it makes no difference the mechanical differences in the two flight forms. It’s whatever makes the player feel more involved and immersed.

8 Likes

Their track record of removing it at X point in each expansion it’s been part of says a lot as well. As does the lower barrier to entry for TWW pathfinder, I would not be surprised to see it go the way of the dinosaur next expansion. As it has been consistently changed to have less and less required.

If steady flight is removed wholesale that will probably end my flying days as I legit cannot use it effectively even with the motion sickness toggles turned on. Obv wont quit WoW over it but it’ll be a bummer.

3 Likes