Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

My point has always been the same. The group of several hundred, even several thousand, does not speak for the millions of players.

If someone says, “I can’t stand this expansion, to me it’s the worst ever”, then fine. That’s their opinion.

But if a group complaining about something says “It’s clear the players don’t like this” or “the community is against this”, then I point out that the group of several hundred is wrong in claiming that they speak for the millions of people playing this game.

They are not wrong about their opinion and I never say they are. They are entitled to their opinion but they are not entitled to everyone’s opinion.

1 Like

Then don’t dismiss others opinion just because only a percentage of customers use the forums.

3 Likes

They weren’t dismissing it. They were saying a few doesn’t equal many. Which is correct.

Polling is all based on a small sample size of a larger population to predict what the larger population thinks. Is it perfect? No. But you should not dismiss opinions of other based on feedback being from a small percentage of a group.

Blizzard uses our feedback from forums. I will continue to give feedback even if you think the sample size is too small.

3 Likes

Yea everyone on the forums hated pathfinder in WoD.

Meanwhile any player who quit before Cataclysm but returned before WoD wouldn’t even notice flying was gone.

1 Like

No one said anything otherwise, but considering this has been in place for ten years now… few does not make many.

Yeah that is why TBC normal flying being gated by PF is incongruent with BlizZard’s vision with TWW.

I mean they want players to engage in endgame as quickly as possible which is why DR exists free of charge but you have to go through a penalty to unlock TBC normal flying?

Please make it sense!

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

6 Likes

Well if I have to do Pathfinder for Steady Flight they you should be made to do the same Pathfinder to use Dragon Flying…its only fair now…or do you feel more superior to disabled players or players that have physical issues with Dragon Flying you want them forced to the ground and have to wait…yep you are…

5 Likes

They aren’t the same thing and I will be doing PF for regular flight. So there’s that.

Even Ion admitted Steady Flight is used for accessibility

5 Likes

It’s okay, I’m not worried about it.

Again, previous expansion pathfinders are being removed and the TWW pathfinder is the most simple version out of them all including dragonflight. Oh and dragonflight pathfinder requirements has been removed.

I never have dismissed anyone’s ** OPINION **. More often than not I have had to remind people who claim that they are speaking for “the players” that they are not. They are only giving their ** OPINION **.

But again I have never said people are not entitled to their own opinion.
Just that they are not entitled to everyone else’s opinion.

I have to do pathfinder to get steady flight, you have to do pathfinder to do steady flight. I can choose to do it with DR with no issues or earn it via ground, I am doing it via ground. You can suffer through DR to get it or you can do it on the ground, maybe along side ones like me.

So, tell me again, if everyone has the same choice, but are free to make the dumb one (using DR when they know it causes issues), how is it unfair?

This is nothing but conjecture that attacks and insults those that disagree with you. Very few of us are likely feeling superior, I know I am not, but are you feeling INFERIOR just because your preferred method of flight is tied behind an achievement which, BTW, few if any asked to be removed or not tied to any flight, that you can get using ground mounts at your own pace?

1 Like

At this point we are just going to have to keep pointing it out that PF is not part of the game direction anymore and it should not be in the game.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

6 Likes

I mean, it is though. You aren’t even on the team, so just because you say something doesn’t make it the direction the game is going.

Which is a big reason it is in the game and unlockable in the new content. Why people think this is some sort of gotcha line I will never know.

Because you stated it was not about accessibility

3 Likes

When you unlock it is about personal preference, nothing requires you to use any flight other than what is provided to you. The mode is more convenient for people so they are keeping it in the game moving forwards.

Then why does ion admit steady flight offers accessibility?

4 Likes

Steady flight is more comfortable for people to use, especially those with motion sickness or similar. Therefore, it is included because of accessibility for them. The people throwing a fit that they have to unlock it, as has always been the case, are whining about a matter of personal preference, not accessibility. Two separate points.