Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

Actually this would be a good argument back in WoD when they tried to cut flying from the game altogether.

That is a rather weak argument.

“Why fight a mob if you can die?”, in Vanilla early on every enemy had the ability to kill you if it was one level above you, if it had luck critting you and you had bad luck with evading and critting or even just hitting the enemy.

I agree that, if you like this sort of thing, Dynamic Flight has the potential to being more fun to fly around then Steady Flight. But this does not have any bearing on why Steady Flight is locked behind a Pathfinder, however small it is. Both are a form of flight and if one is available at start, so should the other.

I do not dislike Dynamic Flight. I just find that the rate at which you get Vigor is botched. When you get the right spot to start, lift off and then start flying, everything is fine. However if you lift off and while flying get stuck in a tree or land, lift off and land, you will run out of Vigor fairly fast.

I think what should happen when you fly wrong is you loose speed and are only as fast as Steady Flying is. I don’t think the game should punish you by forcing you to stay on the ground for 30 seconds to one minute, until you get 5 Vigor again.

I also don’t like it, that when you use 5 Vigor to get high up because you started in a very low spot around Valdrakken, that you basically are forced to do a near-nosedive before the Vigor starts regenerating. This could easily be fixed. This is literally the major thing I dislike around Dynamic Flight.

No, one is a form of flight that requires engagement with the game and environment while the other is not. They are different, and are treated as such.

It’s not. While grounded I wouldn’t mind it being a bit faster to recover, but the rates are fine as is, especially whilst airborne.

So you want it to be steady flying but faster?

1 Like

At its base, it is always envy, isn’t it? “That guy over there has full T2, I do not because I have bad luck with drops or because others of my class have more DKP and outbet me.” That is already envy, you don’t need to spell it out.
Saying something is unfair is already saying as much.

What I read most is “Why is Dynamic Flight active from the very start but Steady Flight not?” At its base people that prefer Steady Flight are envious over the people that love Dynamic Flight.

I am honest, if I play WW, I will for sure use Dynamic Flight to quest one character to the point where I unlock Steady Flight. I will not play another character before I achieved this.
But I find this a stupid limitation, as arbitrary a decision as it was for Dragonflight.

One more thing. I think Pathfinder spoiled people. The people that unlocked Pathfinder can level every subsequent character using flying. I unlocked Pathfinder in WoD, Legion, BfA, and boy did it speed up leveling. I would not want to level without it.
Dragonflight did maybe go to far into the catering direction, giving people Dragon Flight way to early, now they are used to being able to fly. If you now try to take that away, you get issues.
That being said, I found it stupid that Steady Flight was locked behind that spite relic Pathfinder while you could Dragon Fly. What a stupid design, I thought the minute I entered Dragonflight zones.

“One is a form of flight that requires engagement while the other is a form of flight that doesn’t require engagement”. They both flying but while one form uses engagement to fly faster the other only needs engagement for the direction you want to fly towards.

Isn’t it the same? When you not push anything and you are just gliding… you are flying at a similar speed as Steady Flight. At least that is what it looks like, when I fly on my Steady Flying mount next to someone on their Dynamic Flying mount. Only when they press either of the Surge moves they fly away from me.

So, you completely shifted your claim, where before you were saying that if you mess up you aren’t able to fly at all, and now you are claiming it’s just steady flight but faster but otherwise its the same as steady flight? Which is it, exactly?

Incorrect, with all the posts in beta and general chat about the disfavor of this taken into evidence.
There are people with handicaps, and you just said it is not a problem. HOW DARE YOU.

5 Likes

If I had a nickle for every time someone comes in and tries to use disabilities as a cudgel to insult people and as a tool to argue for their personal desire…

1 Like

Gonna point that back at the “you’re not disabled just lazy” comments too or?

Yeah, both of those things are bad.

I don’t think its so much lazy, per say, its trying to jump on the ban wagon of using disability excuse to gain sympathy to their cause. Of course there are a number of people who are honestly disable who play this game and many other games. There are those who honestly are having issues to some degree. But those who clearly over exaggerate a disability issue to the point its easy to spot and get called out for it. It clear they are not disabled they are just using it as an excuse to get something their way.

Those are the ones that annoy the heck out of some of us.

I agree with all of this, except the “spite” part. I think people need to get over that, honestly.

Especially since with Dragonflight, and even more so with TWW, flying is basically available from the start.

The forums are the vocal minority, you don’t see 7 million posters here now do you?
Also the lack of these kind of posts is also telling. A handful will prop up with the same 4 to 5 posters spamming it.

So… based on amounts or lack thereof, its not a proble. (Also there is solutions, y’all just aren’t happy with that option)

I can’t tell if you are trolling or not with this.

If you ARE serious, I am handicapped you potato :joy:

2 Likes

The issue is, at least for me, that I look at allot game Design that is added in WoW and then stuff has positives and negatives.

Some of these negatives, “limitations” make sense, like the Weekly Raid lockout. If you didn’t have that one then there would be some certain people that push the term “grinding” to new heights by running content as much as they can and have the max gear in no time. Just so they can wave their E-peen into every ones face to show off stuff.

Other limitations don’t make sense on a first look, even if you try your hardest to see why they did add that limitation the reason it is very niche.

Like as example Dynamic Flight. Lets say we take out Vigor completely, what would happen? People would spam the Twirling Surge the whole time, since it doesn’t cost 3 Vigor and has no cooldown. Is that a good gameplay mechanic? I would argue no, and it is easy to see why. You could simply take Steady Flight and increase it’s speed to 420% and be done with it.

Then we have something like that War Withing pre-launch event. Every character has 3 weekly quests, one per zone. One out of three zones is “up” which makes everyone rush there and complete it in around 5-10 minutes. And then you have a 90 minutes wait, until the next zone is “up”. Then after a event is over you can kill enemies in the zone. But the enemies only drop 1 currency, there are non-event enemies around also and if you try to “level up” killing mobs there they barely give any XP.

I arguably find that setup bad. I can’t really follow the reason why this event is done in this way. They could have just taken the “Invasion” style events from Legion or BfA, where every 90 minutes another zone is “up” and you just get a handful weekly or daily quests that you can finish.
Or even better, make the quests like in those Invasions activate once the event pops up, make the time window 2 or 3 hours and then the player can hop in on any toon every 3 hours and do a set of quests. Without lag because everyone and his mom starts running when the start shot is sound.

I find Dynamic Flight needs more tweaking, though Dynamic Flight seems to have gotten some minor tweaks compared to Dragon Flying, it feels easier now to gain Vigor and the speed drop off is slower then before. At least it feels like that to me, but maybe I am wrong.

1 Like

Hey I get that, but I do know there are people in game with disabilities that are genuine & that’s why the comment ticked me off.

2 Likes

I no longer believe anything you post Quivermeth. Have a good life.

2 Likes

So you think its okay to call someone out and then call them a liar?

Also I didn’t realize we have to include our entire medical history on a public forum to not be attacked.

But I mean since you care so much. I have GBS and have nerve damage and paralysis. Enjoy googling it and reading about how lovely it is.

Thank you, I will :blush:

Edit because I didn’t see this gem. Why do you believe that they have handicaps and that I don’t?
That is VERY presumptuous. Or is it because I don’t have the same take on this so I automatically can’t have a handicap?

Either way, holy level of ignorance.

1 Like

Disabilities are part of the discussion. Even Ion admits steady flight add accessibility.

Disabilities are a valid part of the flying discussion.

6 Likes

Sure. Which is why they can unlock steady flight without using skyriding, just as they have every expansion except for Dragonflight.

1 Like

This is very true. But some are using it as an excuse to insult others and their opinions. I myself am disabled and have to take breaks when doing content because of pain and shaking in my hands. However my disability should never be a tool used to insult others or as a talking point for anyone but those who are disabled. And that talking point should be for calm discussion. Not sensationalism and vitriol. Yelling at other players and insulting them won’t lead to change.

3 Likes

That is what I will do. I hope others will do the same. Adapt as best as you can, leave when the games is no longer fun and provide feedback.

Don’t tell people Skyriding is “not a problem at all”, for some of us, it is.

5 Likes