Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

Ok

This is exactly the issue. Being able to Skyride makes me think they made the questing require you to fly and thus being harder/slower if all you do is ride on the ground.

2 Likes

I actually think, you are the joker here. All I see you do in this thread is laugh, disregard and downplay any valid reasons people bring up. I don’t even know why you are in here, to troll maybe? Because you don’t bring up good counter-arguments.

4 Likes

Puff puff pass, man. Don’t Bogart.

Lets create a problem that never existed and then blame the user. Brilliant!

4 Likes

It would be great if people specifically stuck to that point if it was the issue. But they don’t, just like you did in the post I replied to.

Is it unfair that people will see others dragon ride when they can’t? Sure. That is reasonable.

But that unfairness doesn’t make the game “not fun”. Nor does it make the game unplayable, discrimination, an ADA violation, or the plethora of other things people have said in an attempt to bully blizzard into getting their way.

Regarding the second point, there is no indication that you will be required to sky ride to complete the campaign.

According to people who have played the beta, there are optional taxis available for select quests that otherwise would ask you to fly.

1 Like

If you ran out of mana while questing, and then were killed by a mob, would that not be a user issue?

Why is it not ok to suggest that people could be using dragon riding skills incorrectly, finding themselves without vigor at times?

2 Likes

He had for a minute but it seems like a month.

Agreed! Pathfinder should be shot, and put to rest FOREVER! :headstone:

3 Likes

I reallllly hope you’re correct! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Good counter argument to you pretending skyriding is like Dark Souls? It isn’t, by any stretch of the imagination. If you botch it while skyriding, you either dive or land and get some vigor back, you don’t die or lose all your gold, and the difficulty is extremely simpler for skyriding. Pretending Dark Souls difficulty is present for skyriding isn’t in the same postal code as valid.

The main point is what I stated. However, I am only human and thus fallible. I have other issues with Dragonriding/Skyriding past that one point. I do not want to go into what I dislike about it, as it detracts from the discussion at hand.

I am not so sure about this point. If you would be “tied to the ground” because you can’t or don’t want to use Skyriding, so you are stuck with ground mounts while seeing others soar around, that can make the game “not fun” for you. It is the age old “envy” issue, that WoW had since vanilla where people envy the gear… or things others have. Being able to fly can be one of those.

No one tries to bully Blizzard into doing what they don’t want to do. We provide feedback, don’t we? And it is simple really. If it turns out to be trash, more people will quit again, just like in Shadowlands. I wonder how few players WoW needs to be not financially viable anymore.

1 Like

I like Skyriding. I just find some stuff of it is too harsh. Especially how you regain Vigor. The way you spend Vigor is fine, I just dislike that you need to nosedive to gain any speed, which is really unrealistic or at the very least not fun in a game.

What is the point to fly, when you can botch it and then having a forced timeout and you need to stay on the ground for 30 seconds to a minute? What game do I play here, a MMO or a Flight Simulator?

So yeah, I tried to be sarcastic with the Dark Souls meme.

If we are being totally honest. Its not a problem at all.
:dracthyr_shrug:

He said it better so Ill quote him.

1 Like

To fly places and move about the map faster than you can grounded. What is the point of raid bosses, when you can wipe? Or dungeons when you can deplete? It isn’t interesting if there is no skill expression or point of failure, which is what makes Skyriding significantly more enjoyable than steady flight. If you dislike that it is your opinion, but I disagree fully. You can quite easily maintain height and vigor provided you either start from high up or start with sufficient vigor to get a loop going.

1 Like

(Edited this post because I realized I asked a question you had just answered.)

Well I appreciate the honesty here. I can empathize with people feeling envy, or jealousy or whatever the case may be.

This is sort of what I’ve been trying to get at over the past while in these threads.

What I take issue with is people unwilling to admit the feeling of envy is the issue, and are trying to spin this as discrimination, or an ADA violation, or concern trolling about other people’s supposed issues with dynamic flight, or suggesting the game is “literally unplayable” unless they can fly while leveling.

1 Like

Players are infallible. It is all Ions fault after all.
Or blizzard did a poor job at balancing. …Completely ignoring how popular dragonriding was for the vast majority throughout dragonflight.

2 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

I mean, it’s basically gone from the game at this point.

If they changed it to “level to max and unlock flying across your entire account” and there was no achievement, it would nullify these complaints about “pathfinder” in TWW.

Knowing this community, someone would just complain about having to level up in order to do it.

1 Like

Yep. At launch of DF, Most of the initial complaints about Dragonriding boiled down to one of two things:

1. Not enough time / practice with the new flight abilities
  2. Didn’t collect all the glyphs yet.

These two issues were understandable, (as it was all new and different), and were eventually resolved for the vast majority.