Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

I don’t think it was a waste of time, I like it a lot, I even prefer it over the old flying, I think it’s much more engaging and even somewhat relaxing to get the rhythm correct and make the mount do what I want it to, I think the devs should be proud that they made this feature as good as it is, the problem I have with it is really just for gameplay loops it’s not suited to due to the slow vigor recharge on the ground. We can have many solutions to it, we could have old flying toggled per mount, we can have it instant cast off gcd so we can macro it to whatever mount we like, or we can improve its vigor recharge rate on the ground so it’s not so tedious and annoying when trying to do the few things it’s currently pretty bad at that just so happen to be a core aspect of the game for a significant chunk of time, even if it’s not all the time or even most of the time. Ideally we could do both the last one and one of the first two as well, to serve everyone, but to call it a “waste of time and resources” is, in a word, unfair, and in more, your opinion that I don’t share.

1 Like

Nah, it’s pretty awesome.

1 Like

Considering the lack of manager, place of business, and there isn’t any catalyst, I’d venture to say you’re invoking Karen behavior, rather than responding to it.

Here’s a lesson on subjectivity/objectivity. Anytime a sentence or phrase contains ‘I think, I feel,’ it is an opinion, and it is subjective. Anytime a sentence or phrase DOESN’T contain ‘I feel, I think’ and lacks the context to imply ‘thoughts/feelings’ It is an objective statement.

For example:

The sky is Blue. Blue is a color, a descriptor. Typically descriptors are somewhat subjective due to difference in perspective/interpretation. One could claim the sky is a different color than blue. Interparty agreement would verify the facts behind the color of the sky (objective), irrespective of any single interpretation of it’s color (subjective).

And here is where your definition of words becomes subjective. Better/worse is an objective assessment of any two things clearly having different qualities, where the merits of both are individually considered, and the greater amount/number of merits found with one thing, gives us a reason to conclude it is better, objectively.

Without imparting a single opinion.

And here’s MY counter, DUN DUN DUN:

Dragonriding was created from empty design space, to fit around… wait for it… DRAGONS, riding through the skies in DF. Objective fact.

Skyriding was created to give the new expansion the same feature, but reworked. Objective fact.

Players aren’t happy with the set of changes that has occurred, and the state of the feature has become very concerning. Objective fact.

Glyphs were a part of the game, designed to fit the theme of ‘dragon riding’ and the act of flying around to collect them, no longer results in any meaningful game play. Objective fact.

Limited number of DR mounts has nothing to do with the feature itself. It’s a quality of EACH MOUNT that has to be changed in order to be able to skyride. Objective fact. One can verify this by looking at how the game handles the feature… prior to patch… and compare it to how the game handles the feature… post patch.

Pre patch, the game let mounts utilize the new flying feature, while preserving all the old mount systems and riding types, without any clear reason to combine the two features across all mounts… (other than ‘players want it).’

Nice to have, not a need to have. Players ‘wanting more options’ subjective for sure.

So while you can claim subjectivity, I offered objective feedback on your thoughts. Here’s where the opinion starts: I don’t think they needed to do what they actually did, to achieve any of the changes you mentioned. They could have arrived at a completely functional feature just by opening up skyriding to all flying mounts (except for the ones they stated wouldn’t get it) and then stopping there.

I’d love to agree with you. List some examples.

2 Likes

:eyes:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

First lesson, don’t give lessons on things when you have no clue what you are talking about…
You can say “x is worse” and “I think x is worse” and they are both subjective. It’s based on context and inferred meaning.
This isn’t a simile where specific words define it IS a simile.
Same as you don’t need “I think” or “I feel” to define something as subjective…

Thus your subjective opinion on objective. Aka you trying to pass your feelings off as facts under a false pretense of objectiveness.

Wait for it…
… They designed the scale of DF around dragonriding (just like how they slowed down dynamic for old world because the maps are smaller)

So again, subjective opinion being passed off as fact. “Empty design space” = big open world for you to zoom around on your dragon mount.
And this was talked about in dragonflight panels. This also tells me you don’t keep up with dev interviews.

Also false.
Dynamic was reworked to give players more options other than dragon mounts… thus dynamic, not dragonriding.

" * Dragonriding Glyphs (which will be known as [Skyriding Glyphs] will be available throughout Khaz Algar for players to collect." - https://www.wowhead.com/guide/war-within/expansion-overview#skyriding

You aren’t even trying to hide the fact you are passing your opinion off as fact anymore lol.
They still exist to be collected, but in TWW. But the key ones for riding are earned passively.

So is not wanting/not caring that there is a cast time or them being separated by an ability.
This subjective thing goes both ways lol.

Presented above.
And since you want to give definitions…

Subjective means something is based on feelings, opinions, or emotions, while objective means something is based on facts and evidence. For example, “The cake is delicious” is a subjective statement, while “The cake contains 250 calories per serving” is objective.”

EG “skyriding is a worse feature than dragonriding” - Subjective.
Check, and dare I say… Mate.

GOOD DAY!

1 Like

quite frankly it’s very unfair that 1 is locked but the other isn’t. either both should be locked or neither.

personally i will be grounded till i either unlock it or my sub runs out at end of month. since tww won’t be out for a month i guess i’m gone again. i only came back just now to do prepatch stuff since im bored so why not. aberation dont come out till early september anyway which is what im waiting for. prepatch stuffs usually fun.

unsubbed june 2nd over this and im standing my ground. lock both or neither or im gone. its blatantly unfair.

i refuse to use skyriding just like i refused to use dragon riding last expansion. what i learned last expansion with my unsubbed stubborness was that once i came back it was already to late. i was to far behind in professions compared to everyone else that nothing i ever made meant a damn thing and was always vendor trash since it would never sell. i bought all my crafted gear off ah because it was alot better then i could make and cheaper then what it cost me to make. professions are everything to me. i like my slow flying because i stop to gather everything. its like a ocd. i go way out of my way to gather everything. seems professions are staying pretty much the same(i really really HATE the new system but it is what it is) so there will be no use coming back as it will be the same as last expansion. personal professions will be to far behind to bother with again and cost way to much to level ntm will take forever. they are the only reason i play this game. im pretty sure i didnt even max any crafting professions in DF which would be the 1st time in my wow life :frowning: started day 1 of BC.

lock both forms of flight or neither 1. its outright not fair. you take your stupid zoom zoom fly and i can enjoy my putt putt flight enjoying everything there is to see while i chase yellow dots more then quests

8 Likes

Even grounded, you could have static flying unlocked in the first week of the xpac, not near the end, like DF.

So if you are worried about time consumption, I wouldn’t. Knock out the main campaign, and boom. You got your flying.
So unless you are that determined to stick to your guns on this, this is the easiest and earliest pathfinder to date. So it shouldn’t interfere with your profession/gathering like it did in DF.

Can’t argue with this one, pretty much the only relevant thing you’ve said. The projected Karen behavior, attacking anyone who has an opinion, the blatant contrarianism. The attempted use of english 101 terms to try and prove a point. Objectivity/subjectivity don’t apply to these sorts of conversations the way you think they do, and it’s worth spending some time with.

Otherwise, you decline to give any examples of things you’ve accused me of, when I’ve remained considerate, thoughtful, and most of all, objective.

Skyriding IS a worse feature than Dragonriding, demonstrably. I’ve demonstrated it, factually, intellectually honestly, and above all else, objectively. It factually, isn’t a matter of opinion.

I’ve asked you to point out inconsistencies, I’ve given you ample opportunity to be civil, discuss anything in good-faith. You ignore anything you can’t pick apart and then you try to win the discussion.

I literally went to icy veins, looked at their guide for Skyriding and TWW Pathfinder. I actually took everything directly from there, as it was on the page (minus hyperlinks) and I put it here. Then told you to check out the page yourself. You had every opportunity to fact check instead of dismiss out of hand.

Yeah, Good Day.

:wink:

6 Likes

I quoted your inconsistencies and explained them. Are you intentionally being obtuse?

Yikes.
You literally can’t even accept a copy/pasted definition AND example whilst using your OWN claim alongside the example and definition…

FYI, just because you state something is a fact or objective, doesn’t make it so.

You literally ignore me pointing out literally all of your inconsistencies!
:dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

And you aren’t being civil. You are being condescending. Trying to give me English lessons when you can’t even grasp the definitions yourself.

You used that to back up your subjective opinion of dynamic lol.
You didn’t give any info of WHY it was worse.

And matter of fact, I used wowhead to DIRECTLY refute a claim of yours that you tried passing off as fact.
:point_down:

And you conveniently scrolled past all the fact checking lol.

So grats on the most epic whoosh ever I guess?

1 Like

I’m just going to come out and say it: Your persistent use of the word ‘Karen’ is hyperbolic.

In your rush to be combative, you linked to me TWW glyphs, which aren’t the system of glyphs still present in Dragon Isles, the ones players can still collect, which no longer give skill ups to your dragonriding.

And then when you were like ‘good day’ I got this mental image of a 5ft blonde hair lady with thick black framed glasses, bobbing their head back n forth at a barista.

Not to mention you fail to distinguish statements of fact from your perception of what constitutes an opinion. When someone actually delivers an undeniable fact, you deny reality and insist it’s subjective.

Yeah, you’re on your own dood.

1 Like

That is a good point that at the start of an expansion you want to explore more and this is where I agree with you.

Not everyone rushes to end game so this is why TBC normal flying should not be gated.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

5 Likes

The only difference between the two is that most of the flying mounts in the game are now dynamic flight capable. This is a great change. People want to use more than 5-6 mounts.

If you mean the toggle that switches between the two flight modes, that isn’t part of sky riding.

They could change the toggle (as some are asking) to something like a choice you make on a per mount basis, or shorten the 5 second cast time, or make it instant cast.

All of that is the toggle, not skyriding.

1 Like

Is there an actual reason why they are doing this, or do they just hate people like me who absolutely cannot stand the new riding?

5 Likes

Ill make this easy for you.
Gylphs “no longer result in meaningful gameplay”, yet they exist in TWW. So if they weren’t meaningful, why did they move them from DF content to TWW? :thinking:

The problem is your “undeniable fact” is purely subjective.
I even quoted you with the definition and examples and you still can’t grasp that.
I guess I’ll do it again for you to completely gloss over.

:point_up:
:dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

Karens dont leave so you also have the wrong mental image of one, so that doesn’t help your case either lol.

Karen behavior is what you are doing right now, even though it’s tame. You keep coming back for more, no matter how many times I give you links and actual definitions. You come back with your own trying to pass it off as fact and gloss over the actual facts Ive been giving you.

Being right is more important than facts to you. That is karen behavior.

If my horse irl is galloping (dragonflight) do people think it should take me 5 seconds to get it to travel normally?

Is the cast time really 5 seconds? I see it as more because you are also re-summoning a mount.

This is called ‘objectivity.’ Not entirely accurate, but yeah. There are more differences between the features, and the experience players will have with them, between DF and TWW, will differ greatly.

It won’t be a noticeable change to new players who never played DF, but the game will do it’s jarring ‘here’s a new feature, enjoy’ suddenly giving you a new feature, out of nowhere, at level 10.

The main difference is that there are now many many more mounts capable of ‘dynamic flight’ or ‘Skyriding.’ This isn’t a bad thing and it’s not necessarily needed, but it’s nice to have.

Other differences include ‘Dragonriding didn’t have a cast timer delay between using a DR mount and Steady flight mounts’ and ‘Dragonriding prior to patch allowed players to collect glyphs in dragon isles, contributing all the skillups needed to fully upgrade your dragon, as soon as you unlock your dragon, in dragon isles.’

This part of the game has been broken, made non functional, except for achievement points, when you collect those glyphs now. A gameplay opportunity was removed (no longer able to earn/spend points to level up dragon riding).

The game now awards those skillups and unlocks to players between level 10-70, as they level up their character. The progression from that system is no longer tied to using your dragon to fly around and explore the world, collecting the glyphs for points.

Without splitting hairs, yes, they could absolutely change the toggle part of it, reducing the cast time (potentially to 0) and even add a way to toggle it on a per mount basis. Thank you for taking an objective approach and not being overly sensitive about imaginary karens.

Taking bets now, who wants to wager when the game comes back up? I’ll put my money on 6pm-9pm ish. I’ll also throw in points on things still being disabled buggy, with another extended maintenance next week (possibly each week until launch).

Might even give them a reason to extend the prepatch event, I know they have done that before when there are a lot of early prepatch issues.

Once again, 100% conjecture, Blizzard has surprised us all before.

The goal seems to be ‘improving the game’ through expanding the main feature of the previous expansion. Outside of that, they are giving you the ability to never use dynamic flight, via the toggle.

Same here. I didn’t buy the expansions, and after nearly 19 years I’ll not renew my subscription in December -unless they do away with Pathfinder.

7 Likes

It’s the same pathfinder as before so I’m not sure where the shock and awe is, but folks have to do what they need to. With this being a new expansion, we won’t be short of people though.

So? They’ve changed steady flight flying speeds a few times over the years, and how we acquire them. That didn’t “change” what steady flying is.

Changing how the dragon riding abilities are acquired doesn’t change what dragon riding is either.

Yes, that’s what I just said. And that is the toggle between the two modes, not what Dragon riding is. Or was.

Changing the marketing name of Dynamic Flight from Dragon riding to “Sky riding” was done to reflect the upgrade to legacy mounts, (many of which are not dragons) to use dynamic flight. That’s it. Mechanically, Sky riding and Dragon riding are the same thing.

The problem is the INJUSTICE that people who can dragon ride are able to do it on day one with ZERO effort but people who NEED to use Steady Flight (aka TBC flight) are forced to do ALL the quest while grounded, and they need to get to max level before they can fly. There are a lot of people who play the game that cannot physically tolerate dragonriding, including myself.

11 Likes

We were able to do it day one in Dragonflight. Regular flight wasn’t added until later AND there were still conditions to unlock it then. There is literally no injustice at all as they are doing the same thing that they did before.