Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

You have been very civil with people in this thread. I commend you for your patience.

Enjoy your coffee and you are a valued member of the WoW community.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

8 Likes

I agree, they listened and finally accepted that pathfinder was just a spite-filled screw-you to the player base.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t that define “more engagement” on it’s own?
Then add in Vigor management and using things like Aerial Halt to get more control.

So yeah…Sky Riding is more engaging than something you can use while AFK.

3 Likes

WoW is a queue simulator and nothing more. It’s so weird and creepy that people actually want it this way, they must hate WoW.

4 Likes

The OG devs leaned that way with instance focus too. But they still respected world exploration which is why they put in a much requested feature of TBC normal flying.

Currently they do not understand why people would prefer to chill and do stuff out in the world and not mess with queues. In fact a lot of times people are waiting for queues to pop and going out in the world is relaxing.

5 Likes

Because I’m tired of posting the same info over and over and over again in all of these threads just so people can ignore it to push an agenda.

Back at ya.

1 Like

This is completely irrelevant. First of all, people didn’t unsub in WoD because of the lack of flying but because of WoD itself didn’t feel “good” to play. It was alright if you were a high level PvP:er and it was an OUTSTANDING expansion if you were a mid-to-high-end raider!

But for everyone else it was just… Apexis crystals.
And nothing else, really.

Flying didn’t matter because WoD was designed with that in mind. The game got even worse once they implemented flying, and the way that they implemented flying also perpetuated that the only thing that mattered to non-raiders and non-PvPers was Apexis crystals. Add on top of that WoD was the first expansion that incentivized people to treat it as a “daily login game” as opposed to a MMO and… folks just stopped playing it.

For a lot of people … the game was a daily mission manager on your phone with a subscription fee. THAT and other major reasons were why folks left the game in droves. Flying had next to no impact that could be measured from it, and via deductive logic … maybe a few thousand players out of a few million players stopped because they were annoyed that they couldn’t use their favourite flying mount and glide around the world on it.

Folks hate when tools of convenience is removed from them. But… that says nothing of whether that tool being available or not is a good thing for people. And I can make endless examples but I’m just gonna put it like this; providing an alcoholic with a device that allows them to more easily drink alcohol doesn’t make that a good thing.

It doesn’t even make the alcohol necessarily bad, not good either. But the problem is the alcoholic and how they drink alcohol. As I said here:

In this example, and the way people behave … oh yeah, there’s plenty of people who are obsessed with the ability to afk in the air to an unhealthy degree. Wouldn’t call ya’ll alcoholics, so don’t take it as such, but the analogy is for all intents and purposes still sound and reasonable.

1 Like

so this is why people don’t like it?

…because they don’t understand how it works?

it’s ok to say: “i don’t understand the thing, can someone explain?”

6 Likes

How do people wake up in life and decide that hating tools of convenience and what other people do is like the main thing to do at any point in their existence? It should not matter to you if I use regular static flight or not. You don’t know me, what I do should never matter to you.

There is too much obsession with what I or anyone else could possibly do.

11 Likes

They seemingly do care, given the whole…you know. Situation. With the flying and stuff.

It’s story content. The quest objectives have been the same for 20 years. It should not matter whether I use regular flying or skyriding. If that is there focus over actually caring about their lore then yea, I can see why most people don’t want to play this game.

12 Likes

This is just one of many decisions they make sometimes that seem to serve no purpose. I’ve yet to hear a good argument for it. They could also communicate and explain their decisions, but they’re too arrogant for that. Blizz knows best and we’re just too foolish to understand their grand designs.

7 Likes

Very relevant.

That is how the holy flying wars started.

This is why TBC normal flying is still popular all this time.

1 Like

You were told where to get the specific quote. If you would like to avoid that so you can continue to be feign ignorance, that is on you at this point.

1 Like

Because in this regard it negatively impacts game design as well.
Just the main Dragon Isle continent is the same size as all of Northrend.

You can do quests that go from one end of the isle to the other because of Dragonriding (now Skyriding). Without the speed of Dragonriding that’s not possible.

And you can’t put those tools to TBC flying for multiple reasons:

1. If you make a convenience tool too powerful you eliminate all other things (see the Skygolem for Herbalists and the Water Striders compared to literally every other ground mount).
  2. Because of how it flies, one small tap going at 800+% … you have no control over that, at all. Which means that you need to reduce the speed even if you increase (like they have) TBC styled flying … but you still can’t end up in a situation where a regular continent is the size of an entire other expansion (because remember, DF also had Zaralakk Caverns and the Emerald Dream, both of which are zones larger than Dragonblight which I believe is the other largest zone to date otherwise - could be wrong about that one though).
  3. If you stand on the ground in the middle of Ohn’ahran Plains or in the middle of The Azure Span … look around you. All of those things are affected by the particular type of flying you have access to: the ground is curved, and in the Azure Span you have trees that are in the way.
    Previously, before DF, you couldn’t have curved terrain because you would hit stuff, or you would miss stuff, and you couldn’t have trees either because you would hit them as folks were afk when going from point A to point B not interacting with the game at all as they were afk.

No one cares whether you prefer or like one type of flying above another. What people like me care about is what’s actually good for the game though, unlike you. Because that is the basis of every single argument against TBC flying and why over and over again it has been limited or outright removed from people over the years.

Ever noticed how rares and activities sitting inside of caves were treated completely differently by the playerbase than those that were completely outdoors? I betcha you never thought of that. “Why go inside of a cave to kill a rare when I have to dismount for it”; rares inside of caves stay alive for much longer because people can’t find the entrances and don’t care enough to do so.

Because people spent their entire time in the sky not looking around on ground level.

Yes, how you play the game in this particular regard has a MASSIVE negative impact on the overall health of the game. That’s not disputable. Period.

We were told to post our feedback on the forums by WoW GMs.

I trust the WoW GMs.

1 Like

patently and proven false. So much so that they relented and added flying in to get subs back.

5 Likes

The require is the same one from TBC. Literally questing to max.

They nerfed the speed of Sky gliding in TWW because the maps are smaller.

You are operating from the mindset of the past. We are talking about the future aka TWW.

1 Like

My guy that is a lot of word soup for me to remind you that WoW is a queue simulator at best and that static flight is not the reason why zones and story don’t matter at all. You are totally deluded if you think what other people do for movement/travel is the reason why people aren’t looking at the ground or the zone or whatever else.

The game design is bad because Blizzard is purposefully bad. It has nothing to do with what I or anyone else could do.

2 Likes