Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

Sadly, I think devs, or even the CMs, are afraid to post much on such, due to how the community reacts. Think a long the lines of “we want more communication” then when we get that communication, they get blasted by ones scrutinizing their posts or reacting badly when what Blizzard posters said does not match what they want, or Blizzard posts something that does not happen and get slammed again.

There is a saying: “don’t shoot the messenger”, well, at least here on the US forums, the messenger has not just be shot, but tar and feathered as well

2 Likes

All of which being relevant points of the discussion. Apologies if the topic is too big for you?

No? this is why reading comprehension skills and fact checking are important PRIOR to posting. I don’t hate pathfinder. Like I told that other guy who gave up posting here, pathfinder is a relic of old game design, attempting to coexist alongside a new feature which occupies the same design space.

It’s not a relevant game feature to continue carrying forward, as it currently is. Should the devs update Pathfinder in a meaningful way, rather than just using it as an artificial gating mechanic, that’s probably an immediate improvement in game design.

Notice how I wear my designer hat, rather than attacking people with bad takes? You should try it.

1 Like

My oh my did you not notice all the mounts that suddenly dragonfly ride whatever you wanna call it, and how a 5 second cast time that dismounts you when you want to change back to normal flight.

It’s kinda the whole point of this and other threads on this topic.

1 Like

Not only do you contradict yourself immediately and say things that are blatantly false, but after your inability to put together anything approaching a cohesive argument based on not reading the things you are trying to pull from, I appreciate the absolute lack of self-awareness it takes to say someone else has bad reading comprehension.

2 Likes

Did you check Icy Veins? Didn’t think so. I’ll wait. Bet you feel as embarrassed as that Gabitha guy afterward.

Except that guy, I guess.

The thing about communication is that Blizzard bought an article (you read that right) saying they are listening to the gamers, but there has been an incredible lack of communication in beta as compared to ALL other betas WoW has had.

You might even say, No communication.

2 Likes

Oh my did you not notice they said that changes were actively being made?

Oh my did you not notice there hasn’t been a patch since Tuesday?

Oh my topic and points go woosh.

2 Likes

There have been multiple small patches. It’s something I did notice since last Tuesday night.

But if they read the post they couldn’t continue to pretend it said something else.

No, I am just drawing up you are just trolling or just nuts. Either way you are a total waste of anyone times including Blizzards of taking seriously.

No…? Why would I check icyveins over the bnet app, the patch notes page or wowhead?

Why would I? I’ve proven you wrong.
Updating a guide doesn’t mean BLIZZARD is actively making changes… :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

Excitedly waiting for examples, linked from anything I’ve said before. Making empty claims after deliberately ignoring anything posted out of hand because you feel attacked by people who have concerns about a new game feature… another classic move.

Hmm, let’s see. How about saying you don’t hate pathfinder then calling it an out of date relic, or when you say it fills the same purpose in design as something else.

1 Like

You mean bug fixes?
That’s not feature changes as we are discussing… :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

I swear y’all either don’t read or read half a post and surmise the entire meaning completely out of context or insert your own context

2 Likes

Oh. sorry, I did not realize that their listening to us communicate with them, meant they had to communicate back.

Just because they are not telling us what they are doing does not mean they are not listening. And anyway, communicating takes time, time that might be better spent dealing with issues reported untill they have something to tell us.

Both things can be true. One can point out the useless nature of something, and also have no strong feelings about it. We are talking about pathfinder. perfect opportunity to point out BOTH:

1. It’s age/relevance to the current game

2. It’s incongruent design, despite being carried forward, according to everything we have to go by as of RN.

If you don’t have a screen cap of me saying ‘I hate Pathfinding’ then you’re probably reaching on that one.

Steady Flight does not require you to push buttons.

Also I didn’t mean that taking out Vigor and bam you suddenly can just spam whirling surge, that would be dumb, get real. All I said is that the Vigor system the way it is right now is not balanced. Only if you fly a certain way you gain allot Vigor back, which is for the most part long distance flight.

Oh, so you don’t think Dynamic Flight is the superior flight over Steady Flight? I assumed you use Dynamic Flight for everything, reading what you wrote it sounds like it is perfect for every flying situation. So there is nothing to complain about Dynamic Flight?
Why then bother to use Steady Flight?

It is still relevant and nothing is incongruous, just because you don’t like it doesn’t change that.

I quoted you, I respond, you were disingenuous , I quoted your exact words again, and again you were disingenuous.

“Have we not heard the chimes at midnight?”
“Our revels now are ended.”