Locking stable flying but not skyriding to pathfinder is stupid

Is it really, or are you just assuming because you don’t know?

1 Like

Yea if you are quickly node hoping, vigor can be a problem.
I don’t bother unless it’s a rich vein lol.

Also a little tip if you farm in the dreamsurge zones. Those green orbs give you 1 orb of vigor as well. A little cheat to keep going.

That’s if you are going on the slow setting. I believe max speed is around ~800% in dragon isles? ~725 in old world?

So it’s definitely a bit faster.

I know if someone is on auto flight on a static mount. I’ll slow down a bit and fly around them a few times then take off.

I think vigor is what makes it fun. It CAN be annoying at times when you just mash or quest hop. But for the most part, I really enjoy vigor.
If they bumped up the regen just a bit (in case you get grounded), I think it would be fine.

1 Like

As of RN, all the info I can find points to PF being a requirement for steady flight. The level it becomes available is supposed to be 20, and a month ago TWW pathfinder was locking steady flight behind TWW zones.

From what I understand that’s changed, and so has BFA and Shadowlands PF requirement. Players are reporting as of this week being unable to fly in TBC, so it seems as though the game still requries PF for that content. I have no idea what things will look like when if/when they get around to fixing this issue, but I can tell you that it’s not going to be embraced as a feature if PF stays a requirement for it at all.

TBC, Wrath, Cata and MoP never had a pathfinder, just the leavel+gold cost lock, and I have not seen pathfinder achivements listed on any news site yet.

1 Like

That’s because what he is saying isn’t an actual thing.

Are you sure? Player reports don’t exist now?

Right, which is why requring PF would be nonsensical in the first place for that content. If it turns out player reports were in error, there was some other hang up for players being unable to do Steady Flight in earlier expansion content, particularly those that didn’t have PF originally, that should be fixed.

But I’m not going to take Kiyoko’s word for anything, bad-faith actor and all. Also, when looking for information regarding the bugs, I was only able to find a blue post talking about players who had completed pathfinder prior to TWW and couldn’t access steady flight on their characters.

That’s been fixed.

They aren’t going to retroactively apply pathfinder to tbc content.

You get 60% riding at level 10.
100% riding at lvl 20.
Basic flying at lvl 30.

I mean, I want to believe you… But I am staring at a functionally worse version of Dragonriding.

‘Supposed to’ being the operative word. Level 20 matches with what players have been reporting on their characters when they try to access steady flight, after discovering they don’t have it.

They’ve been removing pathfinder from old xpacs, why would they add it to an xpac that is almost as old as wow itself?

Also can you provide ANY kind of evidence to back up this claim?

You can’t access a thing if it’s unlocked 10 levels later.

“All Modern World of Warcraft characters automatically learn the Expert Riding skill at level 30, allowing you to ride flying mounts in most locations.” - https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/307013

1 Like

Because they never update the game. Ever.

They don’t have to physically add PF to TBC to lock Steady Flight behind Pathfinder… and have it negatively impact a player trying to use steady flight in TBC content.

If There is a pathfinder requirement in any capacity, to unlock steady flight, it really doesn’t matter where you have to go to complete the content - you have to spend time with a functionally worse version of dragonriding AND go without steady flight (as you said, normally unlocked at level 30 (while now conflicting with level 10 skyriding design)) until I’ve completed whichever pathfinding requirement there is.

While I see they’ve discussed removing PF for specific conent, The most recent article about the feature states that you will have to unlock pathfinder through TWW zones in the future.

That kinda prevents players from unlocking Steady Flight until level 70+, if they keep TWW PF as a requirement for steady flight.

Characters who have unlocked DF PF will get the credit for unlocking steady flight already, then be GF’d and required to do TWW PF to get it? At least, that’s how it seems. Which is why it’s criticial for Blizzard to pay attention and communicate, pref sooner, rather than Soon TM. Right?

Doing my own testing now:
BC: steady flight enabled
Wrath: steady flight enabled
Cata: steady flight enabeld
MoP: steady flight enabled

The only issue I really head was with steady flight enabled, my random mount button preferred my ground mounts, and did so even after I reactivated SR until I left the area and reentered (loading screen reset)

Is this testing on an account linked to an account who already unlocked DF PF?

Cuz that might make a difference. Players reporting the issues tend to have not completed any PF yet.

I only have one account, and have gotten every pathfinder since release

If this is the case then it could verywell be

But I might check to see if they have the right training as well (the gold cost)

Give me one shred of evidence vs hearsay.

You can’t base your entire argument of “players have been reporting”.
If it was an actual thing, there would be, at bare minimum, forum posts or news articles.

If it’s TWW pathfinder, how would it affect TBC?
That doesn’t make any sense.

If you are lvl 20. You cannot fly. Pathfinder or not.

Can you explain this? I have no idea what you mean when you say this.

You aren’t going to be in TWW content at lvl 10. So it’s a non issue.

You can’t complete it until level 80 as you have to complete the campaign.
But even then, it only affects lvl 70+ content.
(and they are keeping it)

Too much hearsay.

1 Like

What lvl are the players who are reporting no steady flight in BC zones? If they are below lvl 20, it could be a level restriction like I discovered in Stormwind. If they are lvl 20 or above that’s a separate issue.

This is why I don’ trust “player reports”.

On my level 20 mage - https://prnt.sc/6cfNpfv9D2Z1

And if it still has the training cost…might have found the issue

You linked a game article explaining how Flight Mastery works at level 30. You didn’t link an article discussing the new feature, Steady Flight, and how the game will handle acquiring it. You assumed that unlocking flight mastery @ 30 would unlock Steady Flight for you.

Check out the guide on Icy Veins.

Because if you are trying to use an ability locked behind an achievement requiring you to complete TWW story content, You will not be able to use steady flight until your 70s. If it’s not locked behind an achievement tied to completing story content at level 70… you can access it sooner.

Prior to patch, Dragonriding was a pretty seamless switch between steady flight and dragonriding. Land, swap mounts, done.

Post patch, Skyriding is using the dragonriding UI with an edited label. The progression system tied to dragonriding, allowing you to collect upgrades scattered throughout dragon isles… is broken. You can collect glyphs, but they no longer reward skill ups for dragon riding. You are given access to dragonriding at level 10, with no questing activity or interaction with Dragon isles.

• They changed the feature name
  • They removed gameplay opportunities designed directly for Dragonriding, with no replacement.
  • They added a 5 second spell to switch between the two types of flying, instead of letting the game continue to choose for you, based on the mount you are riding.

Everything about the feature is functionally worse. Objectively.

Here’s a player reporting issues accessing Steady Flight. Also reporting getting it at level 20, not 30.

TWW Pathfinder has nothing to do about unlocking anything in the old xpacs. Absolutely zero, TWW Pathfinder only unlocks Steady Flight in TWW xpac zones.

1 Like

It unlocks by just hitting level 30. Literally open the screenshot I sent.
The article I linked was accurate.

That is false. You can use it in most world content at level 30.

Because it no longer applies to just dragons.

The amount of players complaining about having to gather gylphs to be able to unlock more vigor and necessary vigor regen…
And you unlock it by leveling and questing through dragonflight as it is the new new player experience.

You set the mode to what flight you want.
You shouldn’t be swapping between flight modes enough that the timer matters.

But yes 5 seconds is too long.

Its level locked to 30…

1 Like